• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Generously, Winds of Winter could come out next year. If we assume two seasons for AFFC and ADWD, that gets us to 2016. 2017 would be Winds of Winter, and 2018 would be Dream of Spring.

Surely Martin Can't be THAT lazy...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Generously, Winds of Winter could come out next year. If we assume two seasons for AFFC and ADWD, that gets us to 2016. 2017 would be Winds of Winter, and 2018 would be Dream of Spring.

Surely Martin Can't be THAT lazy...

2018 is only five years from now. 2017, four. It took him five bloody years to write AFFC, and six for ADWD!

RDreamer

I still stand by my prediction that Martin will be working on the last book when the season that coincides starts up. He'll probably have some drafts and a good chunk of it loosely done. He'll probably also have some notes and/or outlines. HBO would love to be able to air it before he does, and they can tout using his notes and outlines and stuff so it'll still be his vision. He'll probably work a bit more with the showrunners for that, too.

Alternatively perhaps they'll get there and realize that the last book needs two seasons, too. After all if it's still going strong by them they might want to stretch it. In that case they could probably do a season kind of ahead of him and then have the last season possibly come out at nearly the same time as the whole book.

It would be funny though if we got to a point where the show watchers were ahead of the book readers and they could then go in and taunt the only book readers with spoilers. (obviously not advocating that, but we all know shit like that would happen)

But a mod is posting about the books... THAT MUST MEAN FREE REIGN FOR SPOILERS!

JON SNOW HAS 5 CHILDREN WITH DANY AND THEY MOVE TO BRAAVOS AND THEIR WHOLE FAMILY BECOMES FACELESS MEN.

BRAN REGAINS USE OF HIS LEGS BUT CAN'T GET USED TO THEM SO HE TURNS INTO A HORSE AND BECOMES THE FAITHFUL STEED OF QUEEN ARYA STARK, FIRST OF HER NAME, STOMPER OF FEET, WATER DANCER, AND CHASER OF CATS

I hope I don't get banned guise =/

Relevant to Renly and ham:
tumblr_m2xpfte1VY1qe2ha5o2_r1_500.png

Beren

Guys rewatching the episodes with some friends i made up something that seems solid about the dragons, i mean a way to nerf Dany, but it seems very solid to me and i will put it on spoilers tag just in case :3

This is mere speculation and might be nonsense but seems solid for me :3
On one of the episodes the warg boy tells to Bran that he was looking for him because is the most important thing that came from the dreams/visions or something, and that he is also a warg, wargs can control animal minds i guess if they can see trough animal eyes and use them as scouts, i believe that Bran will control the dragons somehow
That's it lol

Rorschach

Guys rewatching the episodes with some friends i made up something that seems solid about the dragons, i mean a way to nerf Dany, but it seems very solid to me and i will put it on spoilers tag just in case :3

This is mere speculation and might be nonsense but seems solid for me :3
On one of the episodes the warg boy tells to Bran that he was looking for him because is the most important thing that came from the dreams/visions or something, and that he is also a warg, wargs can control animal minds i guess if they can see trough animal eyes and use them as scouts, i believe that Bran will control the dragons somehow
That's it lol

That would give
Bran
a big purpose and make him one of the most important characters. The question is: are
warg familiars willing participants or are they taken by force? The dragons seem to obey Dany because she is their "mother" not because she has a hold of them.

Beren

That would give
Bran
a big purpose and make him one of the most important characters. The question is: are
warg familiars willing participants or are they taken by force? The dragons seem to obey Dany because she is their "mother" not because she has a hold of them.

I believe
they are unwilling participants and thats why the warg from the people on the north got exausted after controlling the hawk's mind, maybe wargs (wergs spelling lol?) can control animals according to their willpower and Bran is like "the one" for that task , or maybe just blocking the dragons minds so Danny can't command them, leaving the battle on the ground armies
:O

Rorschach

I believe
they are unwilling participants and thats why the warg from the people on the north got exausted after controlling the hawk's mind, maybe wargs (wergs spelling lol?) can control animals according to their willpower and Bran is like "the one" for that task , or maybe just blocking the dragons minds so Danny can't command them, leaving the battle on the ground armies
:O

That would put limits on both sides, so I guess it would make sense to balance out the power. Unlike a lot of people, I like
Bran and would like to see him amount to something, so I'm rooting for him and even Rickon lol I'm a big fan of the Starks (except Sansa), so I'd like to see them all succeed. Jon doesn't count as a Stark, so I don't have to add that exception. ;b

Beren

That would put limits on both sides, so I guess it would make sense to balance out the power. Unlike a lot of people, I like
Bran and would like to see him amount to something, so I'm rooting for him and even Rickon lol I'm a big fan of the Starks (except Sansa), so I'd like to see them all succeed. Jon doesn't count as a Stark, so I don't have to add that exception. ;b

Haha! same i love the Starks too all of them but Sansa not too much , she is becoming the Andrea of Game of Thrones for me lol D:

Beren

Why is everyone spoilering spec, is that a new rule?

I am a bit scared of the speculation to become true somehow, i don't wanna make anyone upset :3

Ohh btw also saw again Stannis on the wall kicking some arse :O wow i didn't remember he was so awesome with the sword.
So far my favorite characters
-Brienne
-Arya
-Tyrion

Rorschach

So after watching that Sensi video, it led me to a Francis video, which led me to (for some reason) this GoT video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVvpRpTiUlo

Notice how The Hound looks away when Sansa's clothes are being torn up and he provides her with something to cover up. Maybe he's not such a douche. Plus, didn't he save flower boy from getting destroyed? And I also notice how Tyrion stands up for her and she doesn't seem to remember it. What an ungrateful bitch. Makes me hate her even more.

Beren

So after watching that Sensi video, it led me to a Francis video, which led me to (for some reason) this GoT video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVvpRpTiUlo

Notice how The Hound looks away when Sansa's clothes are being torn up and he provides her with something to cover up. Maybe he's not such a douche. Plus, didn't he save flower boy from getting destroyed? And I also notice how Tyrion stands up for her and she doesn't seem to remember it. What an ungrateful bitch. Makes me hate her even more.

Indeed i was thinking the same today, i saw the scene when he went in to Sansa's room and offered to take her with him, he seems not evil but just a sellsword, he also saved Sir Loras life, i believe he has a good heart but needs a push for to unleash it :)

Man that scene is awesome! rewatching ty :O

In the words of Theon: "Do you know what it's like to be told how lucky you are to be someone's prisoner? To be told how much you owe them?"

She's a 14 year old girl and his family has held her hostage for a year and killed her father and she has been psychologically abused by some prick.

What a bitch for not being able to get over that just because Tyrion was nice to her that one time, amirite

ETA: Try to follow me here... 13/14 year old people tend not to be that great at making decisions to begin with. She has not seen that Tyrion is any different than the other Lannisters. Pretty much every Lannister she has come in contact with has been a little shit to her. Tywin has a reputation as a butcher to his family enemies. Jaime has a reputation as a king slayer. She has very little reason to believe that Tyrion is any better. So she's supposed to just fall on her knees with gratitutde because Tyrion was nice to her once? "Oh thank the gods I am being forced to marry into this family of assholes to this guy I have little proof isn't also a raging asshole! I'm the luckiest girl alive." A grown fucking woman wouldn't even say that. And you are calling a 14 year old girl ungrateful for behavior that no one in that situation would be grateful for?
Even if you can make a case for her being ungrateful, it's a bit much to call her a bitch.

Rorschach

In the words of Theon: "Do you know what it's like to be told how lucky you are to be someone's prisoner? To be told how much you owe them?"

She's a 14 year old girl and his family has held her hostage for a year and killed her father and she has been psychologically abused by some prick.

What a bitch for not being able to get over that just because Tyrion was nice to her that one time, amirite?

Bullshit. The anguish was caused by that dbag, would-be king. Tyrion has never done anything but be kind to her and try to help her. Not to mention, she betrayed her family to begin with because she wanted to be with doucheking/prince. If someone comes to my rescue when I'm on the brink of mutilation and/or death, I'm grateful to them. The last time Joffrey said "my mom wants ____ alive," he cut that person's head off. Who knows what he wanted to do to her. Probably mutilate her while keeping her face in tact. I'm not saying she should go to her knees and blow Tyrion, but she should be appreciative of the things he has done in her favor. You stand up to the would-be king and you're putting your life at risk. He didn't need to do that.

I know The Hound (the other dude who saved her life) is very intimidating, so she would naturally be afraid of him, being a teenage princess and all that jazz, but it's not like Tyrion has that presence. She hates him because she's a vein bitch who only sees a worthless midget. If he was a gay knight of roses, she'd be sneaking his gauntlet in her snatch on a nightly basis.

[edit]I am drunk, so please excuse my post if it sounds a bit unhinged. ;b I hereby envoke the Baratheon sanctuary!

Beren

Sansa started bad with me when she didn't say the truth about Joffrey and Arya's fight :(

And since then she has done nothing to help the cause, everytime i see a scene with her i get the same feelings i got every time i saw Andrea on The Walking Dead D:

Madness

Sansa started bad with me when she didn't say the truth about Joffrey and Arya's fight :(

And since then she has done nothing to help the cause, everytime i see a scene with her i get the same feelings i got every time i saw Andrea on The Walking Dead D:

Same... And then she was upset that Ned had to kill her DireWolf in retaliation. I don't know, I'm one of those people where I hate lying, and the fact she did that just so she could be married to her beloved Joffrey turned me off. And no, Sansa lovers I will not empathize or put myself in her shoes or think about what it would mean for a girl to go against the prince lol.

I don't know, I've forgiven Sansa for her mistakes. She doesn't deserve this. I hope somehow, she is able to leave Kings Landing and marry someone she actually wants. You never know though, the way everyone loves Tyrion, they'll turn it into a Drogo/Daenarys type love probably and Sansa will come to love him.

Hopefully now, she realizes what people are really like and stops being naive. If she left with the Hound then, she'd probably have been with Arya and the Brotherhood now.

Rorschach

I don't know, I've forgiven Sansa for her mistakes. She doesn't deserve this. I hope somehow, she is able to leave Kings Landing and marry someone she actually wants. You never know though, the way everyone loves Tyrion, they'll turn it into a Drogo/Daenarys type love probably and Sansa will come to love him.
By the way, that wasn't love. That is like textbook Stockholm Syndrome. There was a girl who thought it was so fucking romantic and she was explaining it to me and talking about that first sex scene. "It was fucking rape!" I told her, but she thought it was love. It was motherfucking rape! She was fucking crying for fuck's sake! And then, when Dany asked that whore for tips on pleasing him, it was Stockholm 101 to the T. That whole situation was fucked up. Yes, I know he was hot, but that doesn't make it right lol Just because you want him doesn't mean she did. She was sold and owned. Period.

Met a girl recently who hates Sansa and Catelyn.

She's aight in my book.

She's a keeper.

Ikael

I thought they've already said it's going to go for 7 seasons total.

If this is true... holy fucking shit. Where is the source? The series would diverge A LOT from the books. And I will love every second of it. Specially if they start to trim much of the fat that Martin put on them and merge AFFC and ADWD in one single season. Believe it or not, the latter part of the show could end up being the superior version of the story, there's potential for true greatness here.

That coupled with the inevitability of the show catching up with the book would mean that you show watchers could act then all smug towards we lowly book reader pheasants and spoiling us D: that would be... a mostly troubled disruption of the natural order *sips tea with lifted pinkie finger, adjust monocle*

-CRASH-

Banned
damn that
Bran
speculation up top is fuckin ace! I'd be disappointed If they didn't go that route now. would limit
dany's
dominance and give a so far useless character a lot of importance. also gives more context to the book 5 title
dragon on dragon battles

but before thy happens, I want to see him control his direwolf in battle and rip someone to shreds. haven't seen the wolves all season, I want some neck tearing CG.

and I miss ghost :(

Tacitus_

If this is true... holy fucking shit. Where is the source? The series would diverge A LOT from the books. And I will love every second of it. Specially if they start to trim much of the fat that Martin put on them and merge AFFC and ADWD in one single season. Believe it or not, the latter part of the show could end up being the superior version of the story, there's potential for true greatness here.

That coupled with the inevitability of the show catching up with the book would mean that you show watchers could act then all smug towards we lowly book reader pheasants and spoiling us D: that would be... a mostly troubled disruption of the natural order *sips tea with lifted pinkie finger, adjust monocle*

"[The number of series] is being discussed as we speak. The third season was the first half of book three, season four will be the second part of book three. . . George R.R. Martin has written books four and five; six and seven are pending," Doelger told Radio Times at the BAFTA Awards last weekend. "I would hope that, if we all survive and if the audience stays with us, we'll probably get through to seven seasons."

I wouldn't take it as gospel yet.

Tacitus_

... it's right there in the thread title.

Speaking of thread titles, would it be possible to have the thread title start with the spoiler rules? Currently in Firefox if you have a bunch of tabs open, both threads have only "Game of..." on the tab. Easy to make mistakes.

Czigga

God dammit, I click this thread for the first time in a week or so. Still posting / complaining about spoilers. FFS kids

Anyway, stoked for this Sunday! Can't wait to see what happens!

J-Rod

I wish the wolves were shown more often. I want to see them kick people's asses. It seems like they have quit existing this season.

Also, it sounds like the show could eventually outpace the books. How funny will it be that book readers will need to hide from the TV watchers to avoid ending spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom