• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

I saw Furious 7 last night and a GoT actor has a major role.
Nathalie Emanuel

I also saw the trailer for the new Transporter. Original Daario looks a lot different without the long hair. Much less douchey.

Just got done rewatching the first four seasons, and man am I glad I did so. I missed so many little details the first time through!

The hype is unreal for next weekend.

Vashetti

Banned
Are we getting a new S5 thread? Or are we staying in this one?

6 days to go!!!

5398b0cb9d85ebfa7cf0a502_got_shoes_sansa.gif

Edit: Actually, has anyone claimed dibs on the S5 no-spoiler thread? I'd love to do it if everyone doesn't mind.

All book readers are reminded to read the OP. If you're coming in here to troll or joke around, you're going to take a lengthy ban. There is no reason for you to be in this thread, so please use the other one.

Are we getting a new S5 thread? Or are we staying in this one?
Steelyuhas is putting one together to complement the other thread. It should be up today or tomorrow. In the future, you might want to mention your willingness to help earlier as we encourage collaboration on OT creation.

Vashetti

Banned
Steelyuhas is putting one together to complement the other thread. It should be up today or tomorrow. In the future, you might want to mention your willingness to help earlier as we encourage collaboration on OT creation.

Ah thanks for letting me know.

I'd therefore like to put myself forward to help with Season 6's thread next year ;)

The threads will go up tonight.
Ah thanks for letting me know.

I'd therefore like to put myself forward to help with Season 6's thread next year ;)

Help is always welcome at The Wall

Vashetti

Banned
The threads will go up tonight.

Help is always welcome at The Wall

Can't wait!

Also, anyone find it weird that it's 6 days to premiere and we still don't have promo artwork for all the characters? HBO are being very lax with the promo stuff this year. I suppose the show advertises itself at this point.

Heck, the one poster we have so far is so lazy it's embarrassing. Did they think we wouldn't notice that they just chopped out Drogon from a S4 scene and photoshopped it in?

I pray to the Seven that that doesn't end up as the DVD/Blu-ray cover next year, as does usually happen with the GoT posters.

RDreamer

I'm getting excited, but also paranoid. I was going to use HBO Now to watch this season, but there's like no word at all yet on when that's actually going up. They said it would be in time for Game of Thrones, but it's kind of crazy they would give it this little time.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Can't wait!

Also, anyone find it weird that it's 6 days to premiere and we still don't have promo artwork for all the characters? HBO are being very lax with the promo stuff this year. I suppose the show advertises itself at this point.

Heck, the one poster we have so far is so lazy it's embarrassing. Did they think we wouldn't notice that they just chopped out Drogon from a S4 scene and photoshopped it in?

I pray to the Seven that that doesn't end up as the DVD/Blu-ray cover next year, as does usually happen with the GoT posters.
I'm pretty sure HBO extracts a great deal of pleasure from trolling new viewers.

The way they trolled people recently introduced to the show with the S2 posters was just mean.

Unrelated edit: I'm stanning for Stannis.

kidko

Can't wait!

That would actually be a great poster without the dragon in it at all. I love the photo

Curufinwe

I watched a lot of season 3 yesterday as HBO had episodes 1-10 going on two channels. Roose Bolton telling Jamie he should have learned not to overplay his... position was hilarious. He's such a prick.

dLMN8R

Can someone remind me if, being on the west coast in Seattle, I'll be able to watch GoT on HBO Go starting at 6PM local time?

foxtrot3d

Banned
I'm going to watch this later today but I thought I would share it with you guys.

Game of Thrones - Season 4 | Complete History and Lore Animated Shorts
https://youtu.be/Bw5NAxMpTIE

I just want to say again how much I like these videos that the show produces. I think my favorite one from this last season would have to be Jaimie's one describing the Kingsguard. Nikolaj really hits that sadness Jaimie has for what he and they have become.

Nameless

Hopefully the GAF hype will pick up with new thread, unless a large chunk of the non spoiler crew are inpatient fuckers who read the books over the break -- in which case they picked the absolute worst time cross over.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Hopefully the GAF hype will pick up with new thread, unless a large chunk of the non spoiler crew are inpatient fuckers who read the books over the break -- in which case they picked the absolute worst time cross over.

I stopped after the first book. I think I may give the rest a go after the series end.

Nameless

I stopped after the first book. I think I may give the rest a go after the series end.

Same. Besides, unless you caught up on the books during or after the first couple of seasons, seems like you'd be cannibalizing both versions of the story for yourself.

foxtrot3d

Banned

Cool. I actually recently bought and finally got delivered Jaimie's Sword from Valyrian Steel, the people officially licensed to make show/book replica swords and armor. It looks mighty nice now hanging on my wall.

: )

I regret nothing.

KorrZ

I enjoy the show so much and reading all of the reactions/chatting about it with friends and coworkers the next day and that's the main reason why I haven't read the books.

Hearing that the TV show is going to be done before the books at this point makes that decision seem wiser.

Nameless

Cool. I actually recently bought and finally got delivered Jaimie's Sword from Valyrian Steel, the people officially licensed to make show/book replica swords and armor. It looks mighty nice now hanging on my wall.

: )

I regret nothing.

God Damn it. This thread is just going to be Vashetti live blogging and sharing Sansa Fan-Fic before long.

That is until Thrones GAF is finally untied under one thread next season.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
God Damn it. This thread is just going to be Vashetti live blogging and sharing Sansa Fan-Fic before long.

Even when the show passes the books you guys won't want there to be one thread. Trust me.

So is that new HBO platform available to buy yet? Or am I going to have to get the whole package again through cable to watch?
Not yet. If they're true to the announcement then it should be available before Sunday.

manfestival

I love this show. Some people recommended the show Viking to me. I dont know much about it. Is it anything like this but censored? I know it is on the History Channel so there are some liberties that are taken.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I love this show. Some people recommended the show Viking to me. I dont know much about it. Is it anything like this but censored? I know it is on the History Channel so there are some liberties that are taken.

Not really. It's an alright show but nothing special.

Sorry, but it was that two week break during Tyrion's trial that made me give in and just read it all. Which kinda sucks now since besides GAF I don't have many people irl to talk to about that stuff. But, I'm sure the thread will pick up once the show actually airs. I actually usually don't participate in off-season show threads. There usually is really nothing much to talk about unless some photo stills or trailer gets released and even then I don't want to spoil the whole experience but nitpicking every leaked detail. It's why I also never visit the Batman v. Superman or Age of Ultron threads despite seeing them pop up weekly. I wanna watch the movies and then talk about them, I do not want to look at and discuss a leaked set photo of Ben Affleck in costume.

Cosmozone

I like it. It has a more realistic feel, though, since it's based on a real person (of which not much is known, though). If you ask me it's nothing like GoT, though since the emphasis is on the foreign culture.

Vashetti

Banned
Ugh, I would love to see a prequel mini-series covering Robert's Rebellion.

I remember for a while, book readers in particular kept saying they could put the show on hold for a year or two to give time for George to catch up with the books, and in that time they'd do Robert's Rebellion.

It was never going to happen, "nothing stops this train" and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom