• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the show is coming back soon something about the S4 finale that I've never figure out.

What the hell did Arya showed to the captain (that's going to Bravos)? I know it's some kind of coin but where did she get it and what does it mean? Then she said something to him right that makes him like "YOU GET A CABIN!"

Jaqen gave it to her a couple seasons back and told her that if she ever needed to find him that she should present it to anyone from Braavos.

Here's the scene if you need further reminder.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Just finished watching the premiere episode of Season 1 and I think me and the girl are totally sucked in. It might even be her new favorite show.

There's a lot of things going on already and I'm trying to keep my head straight and remember all of the names, towns and people. I have a hard time remembering the people, not the names of the characters but the people.

Super interesting with the blondes murdering the Hand of the King and them wanting to regain the power. And there's a lot of unexpected scenes like all of the nudity, beheadings and the child being pushed to his death by the end.

Top class premiere but remembering everything is a little hard.

Is there a place where I can print out a map of the whole land btw? Would be a nice help but I don't know if it would spoiler anything.

I told you that you get hooked. But, like everyone else says GET OUT OF THIS THREAD. You should make a LTTP (Late to the Party) thread though to give everyone your reactions as you plow through the series. Also, don't worry about being overloaded with names and places that's expected. The names and everything else will fall into place after consistent watching and rewatching.

Pachimari

Don't worry, I'm not reading most of this thread to avoid spoilers.

And I'm seriously surprised by all the sex and violence. Episode 2 were great as well and everybody's motivations seems very believable.

HBO talks Game of Thrones future: More than 7 seasons wanted

I like the the spin-off Idea. There are countless amazing stories and characters they could pull from the lore, and it could be done True Detective style where each season features a new cast and a new story.

They can fuck right off with the AMC approach of milking the final season for everything its worth, though. 10 episodes a year is barely enough --6 or 7 would be nothing more than a painful cock tease.

There's talk of them doing a spin off for the Dunk & Egg novellas, which are set about 100 years before the start of Game Of Thrones. The show and DVD extras have mentioned Ser Duncan The Tall ("Dunk" for short) before.

Pachimari

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/season-1/episode-1/map

Here's a good spoiler free map and an endless amount of information on the characters and houses. You can go episode by episode without spoiling a thing.

Enjoy the show and remember to never google anything!

Man, thanks for this again. I'm checking out the map and it all seems so informative, cool. We have seen the first 4 episodes and it's a bit hard remembering the names of the townsfolk and such. But I see the link also have the people listed. Fantastic!
Maybe I should do a LttP thread, dunno.

Vashetti

Banned
Man, thanks for this again. I'm checking out the map and it all seems so informative, cool. We have seen the first 4 episodes and it's a bit hard remembering the names of the townsfolk and such. But I see the link also have the people listed. Fantastic!
Maybe I should do a LttP thread, dunno.

Pay attention to the Houses and you'll start remembering characters.

Particularly the House sigils, i.e.:

House Stark: Direwolf
House Lannister: Lion
House Targaryen: Dragon
House Baratheon: Stag
House Greyjoy: Kraken
House Mormont: Bear
House Clegane: Dog
House Tyrell: Flowers

It seems like a lot, and there are many more, but pay attention to the people within the Houses and who they identify with.

It will take a while but it will start to sink in and you will pick up the lore. I've rewatched all four seasons many times over now, and know who everybody is on the show, and generally have a good understanding of the overall lore.

If you have access to the Blu-rays, there are really informative histories and backgrounds with gorgeous animations in the special features. They really help to inform viewers and even go beyond what the show itself tells you. I'm not sure if the DVDs have those same features, though you really should be watching this show in HD. You can really see the budget go up as the seasons progress. Where we are now, the show looks almost like a high budget film.

Hope this helps.

Pachimari

Thank you. It helps a lot. Right now, I'm reading up on some of the lore on the link I were given, that viewers guide on hbo.com. And I found out it would be easier if I pay attention to which houses people are associated with, so now I feel pretty comfortable going into Episode 5.

And we're already impressed with the production values of these first four episodes. It looks stunning.

Vashetti

Banned
Be careful folks, the S5 premiere is occurring in London right now and loads of cast members are getting interviewed.

Generally they're spoiler free, but some tidbits are slipping through.

There's a huge Entertainment Weekly article doing the rounds too with very minor spoilers.

Friend is rewatching last season.

Episode 8 still is gruesome and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO as fuck :<
That final crunch and scream
;_____;

So ready for next season! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ^_________^

Nameless

Donning the Queen of the North as my avatar in anticipation for S5.

Long may she reign.

Bg5JvuA.gif

Seriously though, really interested in seeing what Mrs. Finger has in store this season. She already started to employ some of the lessons Cersei taught her. Surely Baelish will continue to rear her in the dark arts of manipulation if not other ways.

Vashetti

Banned
Bg5JvuA.gif

Seriously though, really interested in seeing what Mrs. Finger has in store this season. She already started to employ some of the lessons Cersei taught her. Surely Baelish will continue to rear her in the dark arts of manipulation if not other ways.

I rewatched S4 in the past two days, and she plays a blinder in the episode after Lysa dies. She's mastered how to play the "stupid little girl" perfectly. Her 'you owe me' look to LF after she appeals to the Lords of the Vale is fantastic.

Rewatching previous episodes then i finally gpt to ep 9 of season 3.. once rains of castamere started playing in the wedding i cannot deal with the feels anymore
N7ZURZd.png
. Its the only episode i cannot watch from start to finish. FU grm. Why you have to do that to my boy Rob Stark.

Rorschach

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";157290124]fixed[/QUOTE]

Can't disagree with that one either. Or they should just let her story play out off screen. Bring her back in when she's ready to fuck shit up in Westeros. And maybe she'll be a mute by then.

Still holding out hope Sansa dies like she deserves. Probably won't happen, though. :\

She's like the best character in the series. Her entire character arc is leading her to be one of the best players in the game. The best liars are ones that believe their lies, Sansa has both real vulnerability and real mettle, and she's been a pawn for so long she knows exactly what people see in her and want from her, her ability to play to all of that makes her seem destined to outcon any shit we've seen at King's Landing so far. And it helps that Sophie Turner is a good actor, it will probably be realized in a believable way.

As usual feel free to PM myself or Cornballer if you have questions you can't ask hear, or need for clarification. Without fear of spoilers.

And be on the lookout for bitter book fans hurling spoilers sooner or later, as this season will unfortunately result in the show surpassing the plot points of the last book (by the end), and adding new stuff along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom