• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
While the thread's bumped, be careful folks, they're filming in Belfast at the moment and several cast members have been spotted, and their names are essentially spoilers for the show.

So be wary of what news you're reading. I think it best we don't mention whose been sighted in here.

I see where you're coming from, but I disagree entirely. Knowing who's starring in the show isn't a spoiler at all, imo, and we've already been over how some people may just be playing a corpse. That said, of course there's no point in posting a non-spoiler-marked list of all the names just for the sake of it, out of respect for others.

Gnome

In 1 week I watched the 5 seasons of GOT and it was amazing and I just want more. This is seriously the best tv series that I have ever watched, it's just too good. Netflix really needs to get a Witcher or Lord of the Rings Series going because GOT is just amazing and Marco Polo can't really compete.
I wish I could feel this way again. Now i'm just a cynic.

NeoROCK

It should've taken more spears to hurt Drogon. I mean if you can seriously injure a dragon with just 3 or 4 spears then they aren't as much of an asset as previously believed.

Curufinwe

It should've taken more spears to hurt Drogon. I mean if you can seriously injure a dragon with just 3 or 4 spears then they aren't as much of an asset as previously believed.

Dragons keep growing until they die and they can live for centuries. He's only a few years old.

Folks, if you have issues that require moderation, please use a pm to sort it out with staff instead of derailing this thread.

Also, please familiarize yourself with the spoiler rules from the OP if you haven't already.

Thank you.

While the thread's bumped, be careful folks, they're filming in Belfast at the moment and several cast members have been spotted, and their names are essentially spoilers for the show.

So be wary of what news you're reading. I think it best we don't mention whose been sighted in here.

Indeed. And it has just been confirmed they'll be filming a lot of material from the last two books that we thought was being cut. Which means you guys aren't caught up yet/spoilers still exist.

Volimar

The wait is sooooooo loooooooonnnggg.

kcGLwo7.jpg

Finally started watching season 5 this week. I just finished episode 8 and holy shit was that nuts! I've liked every episode so far, but this one was without a doubt the best. Hell, it's one of the best in the entire series, and one of the best fight/battle sequences in any show.

BTM

Finally started watching season 5 this week. I just finished episode 8 and holy shit was that nuts! I've liked every episode so far, but this one was without a doubt the best. Hell, it's one of the best in the entire series, and of the best fight/battle sequences in any show.

I think that Hardhome is my favorite episode of the entire series. It's so damn good

Episode 9

Welp, I'm actually sitting here in tears now. Fuck this episode and fuck this fake, punk ass, wannabe King. The only silver lining, and I say that very loosely, would be the Boltons finally being killed off.

Holy shit at that entire stadium sequence.
And hell yeah! Drogon!
Episode hatred level reduced significantly.

Also, is Jorah infecting all these people he's touching, or does greyscale only spread by the infected area (his forearm, in this case) touching another's skin?

Edit: I've been reading each episode's reactions and impressions in this thread, and I know people are saying the unsullied are looking like scrubs now, but if you go back to the episode when Dany liberates them, their former owner/trainer said they were untested, so they've likely never taken part in any real fight.

Episode 10

Great episode, but fuck this show, seriously.
Dammit why do I get so attached to these characters? John Snow did not deserve that. I hope every single one of those bitch ass crows gets got. Also, poor Myrcella and Jamie. Finally had a moment together and it was gone in an instant.

Also, is Jorah infecting all these people he's touching, or does greyscale only spread by the infected area (his forearm, in this case) touching another's skin?

There's no need to spoiler anything.

We've discussed Jorah infecting others several times and it really doesn't make sense, hoping it gets explained further on in the show but for now there are contradicting facts.

He touches the cloth that covers it constantly, but it doesn't spread to anything else he touches, not himself, or others that we know of. The contradiction is that Shireen got infected by putting a teddy bear to her cheek as a toddler, or at least according to Stannis. So who knows.

There's no need to spoiler anything.

We've discussed Jorah infecting others several times and it really doesn't make sense, hoping it gets explained further on in the show but for now there are contradicting facts.

He touches the cloth that covers it constantly, but it doesn't spread to anything else he touches, not himself, or others that we know of. The contradiction is that Shireen got infected by putting a teddy bear to her cheek as a toddler, or at least according to Stannis. So who knows.

maybe Jorahs immune
like that guy in I Am Legend

Khaz

Maybe you need an entry wound to get infected, like Jorah got cut or scratched in his fight, and Shireen had a super weak baby immune system.

Big spoilers kinda maybe
Kit Harington said he has had to turn down a lot of other projects and expects to be with GoT into his 30's.....he is 28 years old now

Why on earth would you post those pictures in this thread?

Spoiler-tagged or not.

Why not? I said the images are spoiler heavy. I said they are set pics. The images are spoiler tagged.

You don't have to click on them.

We've had discussions before about set pics and what not and I don't see anything in the rules that suggests otherwise.

- ABSOLUTELY NO BOOK SPOILERS. It doesn't matter if they're under spoiler tags, they should not be in this thread. Use the other thread for book-related television discussion. This includes alluding to things, subtle hinting, comparing the books to the show, etc...

- Regular TV thread rules apply:
Once something airs in the US on the East Coast, it's fair game. Feel free to discuss anything that has aired without using spoiler tags.
Anything that hasn't aired yet should be spoiler tagged including information from HBO previews, loglines, trailers, interviews, and a few other places.
Speculation from people that haven't read the books is fine and encouraged.

You can spoiler tag images bruv

Are they not? Because I did....Is this a mobile issue? Because if so, i'll remove them.

-griffy-

Banned
Why not? I said the images are spoiler heavy. I said they are set pics. The images are spoiler tagged.

You don't have to click on them.

We've had discussions before about set pics and what not and I don't see anything in the rules that suggests otherwise.

Spoiler tags on images don't work on mobile, FYI. They just show up normally, so anyone viewing the thread on mobile will see them. You should probably edit to make them hyperlinks rather than embedded images with spoiler tags wrapped around them.

Spoiler tags on images don't work on mobile, FYI. They just show up normally, so anyone viewing the thread on mobile will see them. You should probably edit to make them hyperlinks rather than embedded images with spoiler tags wrapped around them.

Alright, edited.

Really sorry mobile user(s) I didn't know spoiler tags didn't work on images for you.

eyeless

did the showrunners ever say whether grrm let them see what he's written of the sixth book or told them all the beats of what's going to happen or are they just going to straight up start writing all their own stuff that completely diverges from the books

i still enjoyed the last season but it was certainly the weakest thus far, man it would be a real bummer if this show ended up just straight up sucking, i don't think i could handle it

did the showrunners ever say whether grrm let them see what he's written of the sixth book or told them all the beats of what's going to happen or are they just going to straight up start writing all their own stuff that completely diverges from the books

i still enjoyed the last season but it was certainly the weakest thus far, man it would be a real bummer if this show ended up just straight up sucking, i don't think i could handle it

They know a general outline of who lives, who dies and what happens if I recall.

That picture is everywhere now. I can't imagine anyone being able to avoid it for the next five months.

Even if someone isn't caught up it really doesn't spoil or say anything. Jon Snow got in a fight and cut his forehead open, lol. There was no blood on his face in the finale either so heh, and it doesn't really say much about what's to come either. But we all know the answer to that anyway.

Ovid

His eyes are closed and he has blood on his face.
He's dead.

However, he is wearing the Night's Watch coat.
He's alive.

I'm leaning towards this being his body burning on a pyre.

I'm a cynic because I don't want to be disappointed. The fact that he's in the first round of promotional artwork pretty much solidifies his return.

Crispy75

I'm a cynic because I don't want to be disappointed. The fact that he's in the first round of promotional artwork pretty much solidifies his return.

Yeah that, and
those photos from set of Kit Harrington walking around with a sword and Stark armour
. It's as good as confirmed. But at what price?

Vashetti

Banned
People were debating it back when Season 5 ended, but George RR Martin just confirmed on his blog regarding the sixth book not being finished that
Stannis is 100% dead on the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom