• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones |OT| The offseason thread - Season 3 returns March 31st

Status
Not open for further replies.
einai.jpg

Here is another image of them. After some detailed analysis I have determined that he took her to Chipotle. She seems very interested in what he is saying.

I just quickly glimpsed at the image and thought that was a picture of Gob Bluth staring at them. That was awesome.

Dany

Banned
einai.jpg

Here is another image of them. After some detailed analysis I have determined that he took her to Chipotle. She seems very interested in what he is saying.

SOS
now the actor and actress that play brienne and jamie will become a couple, and the entire fanbase will melt

bengraven

So I'm kind of forced into joining a Fantasy Football league, something I have little interest in, but the commissioner is my brother-in-law and paid the $100 buy in for me, telling us we can pocket all winnings at the end...and I can't pass that up.

So what's a great GOT team name? I want something uber geeky. I'm from the north and live in the South now, so I originally was going to call my team "The North Remembers".

SOS
now the actor and actress that play brienne and jamie will become a couple, and the entire fanbase will melt

I just want to see what their babies look like. Ygritte and Jon Snow I mean.

So I'm kind of forced into joining a Fantasy Football league, something I have little interest in, but the commissioner is my brother-in-law and paid the $100 buy in for me, telling us we can pocket all winnings at the end...and I can't pass that up.

So what's a great GOT team name? I want something uber geeky. I'm from the north and live in the South now, so I originally was going to call my team "The North Remembers".

Hodor's Hodors

Altazor

Breastplates' Nipples, Craster's Sons, the Leech Lords... I dunno, they're pretty shitty names :p

bengraven

Full of fucking win.

We got kids who watch what we're doing, so I can't use Fat Pink Masts as much as I want to. haha

Valar Morguhlis may be the winner.

Update of recent filming news from WiC.net

Some interesting comments from the article about the filming schedule being different for season 3:
Last bit of news is this tweet from Philip McGinley (Anguy), who indicates that his filming is done for the year. With nearly four months of filming time still remaining, this is a lot quicker than I expected. How to explain this super-fast filming? My guess is that this season they are filming stuff in storyline blocks, as opposed to episode blocks. In past years, they would film in rough chronological order, so later episodes were always filmed later in the year. Now it sounds like they may be filming entire story arcs at a time, so scenes from later episodes would already be in the can even now, at this early stage.

More evidence supporting this new approach, I have heard that they are running 3 filming units in Northern Ireland this year. In past years, they would generally run one unit in Northern Ireland and one in Croatia or Malta or Iceland. To have 3 units running in NI right now is pretty intense. My guess is, with filming set to occur in 4 countries, that they are pushing to film all, or nearly all, the NI stuff now. They will then move on to Croatia and Morocco, and then film in Iceland last. This would likely be the most efficient and cheap way to do it. The problem is the difficulty in handling the scheduling of directors, who would need to constantly be swapped out to handle their episodes’ scenes, but they may have decided juggling directors was easier than juggling actors and filming locations.

That is a bit early. We did get a teaser last year around then, but it was just a Stannis VO with the logo in flames on screen. The first footage didn't come until December.

PS Where did you get that tag? Haha!

Yeah, I figure it'll be like last year with a teaser before Boardwalk Empire starts.

Bishop had that drunken tag fishing thread, and I drunkenly stumbled into it and well...

edit: anyone know what HBO will airing between Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones?

gutshot

Yeah, I figure it'll be like last year with a teaser before Boardwalk Empire starts.

Bishop had that drunken tag fishing thread, and I drunkenly stumbled into it and well...

edit: anyone know what HBO will airing between Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones?

Right. And I just realized that the original question was when we could expect the first teaser, not the first footage. So technically, your answer was likely correct. As to your edit, I don't think they have anything airing in that slot. The cancellation of Luck really screwed up their scheduling this year.

Damn, I always miss those tag fishing threads!

Wray

Ya I dont think they have anything ready for that Jan slot. It was suppose to be Luck. I know they have a bunch of stuff in the works, but I havent heard anything.

American Gods
The Missionary
Hobgoblin

Any word on whats going on with those shows? I remember there being a Dark Tower rumor too, but I think that was just a rumor.

Ya I dont think they have anything ready for that Jan slot. It was suppose to be Luck. I know they have a bunch of stuff in the works, but I havent heard anything.

American Gods
The Missionary
Hobgoblin

Any word on whats going on with those shows? I remember there being a Dark Tower rumor too, but I think that was just a rumor.

Dark Tower has collapsed for now.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Any idea on where season 3 will end in relations to ASOS?

It's all speculation at this point

ASOS
I think it's going to end with both weddings, Jon escaping from the wildlings, Arya being captured by The Hound, and Danny's first conquest when she gets the unsullied.

Famassu

It's all speculation at this point

ASOS
I think it's going to end with both weddings, Jon escaping from the wildlings, Arya being captured by The Hound, and Danny's first conquest when she gets the unsullied.
ASOS
It can't end with both weddings, there's too much of a time gap between them. Joffrey's can't happen until Season 4.

And I doubt it can end with Jon escaping. Isn't that way too far into ASOS? They defend the wall from the attack of the small group of Wildlings and, like, a couple of chapters later they are already fighting the wildling army.

Also, Arya has been captured by the Hound way earlier, she's AT the Red Wedding, remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom