• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones |OT| The offseason thread - Season 3 returns March 31st

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I plowed through the first two seasons over the past few days. Wow what an incredible show. Are there any other shows set during this time period that are as good? I've heard of something called Camelot? Any others? There's something so epic about this time period.

Camelot is pretty terrible. It's more of a mediocre CW style teenager drama show with nudity than anything like GOT.

Generally Rome is often best regarded as being on the same level as GoT at least in the production quality department. But I think they are very similar in their inherent political intrigue.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ok I plowed through the first two seasons over the past few days. Wow what an incredible show. Are there any other shows set during this time period that are as good? I've heard of something called Camelot? Any others? There's something so epic about this time period.

Don't watch Camelot.

Camelot is garbage, but The Pillars of the Earth is great. Also check out the Borgias, which in my opinion is superior to Game of Thrones, even though the setting is slightly more modern.

Pkaz01

Camelot was extremely terrible, only reason to watch it is to see eva green naked.

Watch spartacus or Borgias S1 was good but S2 was great

Ledsen

Camelot is garbage, but The Pillars of the Earth is great. Also check out the Borgias, which in my opinion is superior to Game of Thrones, even though the setting is slightly more modern.

I second the Borgias recommendation, it may not be as epic or spectacular as GoT, but as a show I'd say it's better made and written than GoT. Season 2 was indeed spectacular and the finale made me cry :( I'm an ASoIaF freak so I still like GoT more though :)

Apath

Camelot was extremely terrible, only reason to watch it is to see eva green naked.

Watch spartacus or Borgias S1 was good but S2 was great
Not even. Just watch The Dreamers. She's naked in probably half the scenes, and the movie isn't too bad either.

Season 3 hasn't started yet but...dohohoho

42UlA.jpg

Rose Leslie btw

Ithil

tumblr_m94n1516o31r54bhuo1_1280.png

All the young cast are firing through puberty now, or have been for some time. Sansa's going to be like 6 feet tall by next season

Bran just hit puberty.
tumblr_m92yyd9EWi1qzl69ho1_250.jpg
I think this is going to be extremely noticeable between Seasons 3 and 4, where it's supposed to pick up directly from where 3 ended, being two halves of the same book, yet suddenly the actors are taller or their faces/bodies changed between episodes.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I wonder if anyone will ever be replaced. There are a lot of minor characters early on that become the focus much later, it's hard to get a good actor to stick around and wait for their role to return.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Generally Rome is often best regarded as being on the same level as GoT at least in the production quality department. But I think they are very similar in their inherent political intrigue.

Rome shits on GoT from far above. Its so much better, even with the rushed S2. so yes, definitely watch this.

Violater

Ohh god I'm staying out of this thread, seeing the actors going about is ruining the illusion for me.
wtf arya! put some clothes on that child someone

Aiii

So not worth it

42UlA.jpg

Rose Leslie btw

Is the guy somebody special or something? Because why would I be interested in a pic of a Rose Leslie's arm?

Was the guy afraid to ask her for a picture? and tried to take a sneaky one without her noticing?

Aiii

So not worth it
He's not in costume and it's a horrible angle. I don't have these people memorised you know. :) That's why I asked.

And I doubt taking sneaky pictures is respecting someone's privacy. But maybe that's just me.

Ithil

Ohh god I'm staying out of this thread, seeing the actors going about is ruining the illusion for me.
wtf arya! put some clothes on that child someone

Hey, the illusion isn't shattered at all yet, not til you see Arya and Sansa as...shock...regular teenage girls!

C9QQf.jpg

depths20XX

Question about season 2 ending. Why is there like no one in Winterfell anymore? I know the town was sieged but still...shouldn't there be people there, like citizens of the town. It just seemed really odd to me.

Then this 500 man army is no where to be found. Also what happened to Rob's plan to send someone back there to apprehend the guy. It just kind of didn't make any sense...

Aiii

So not worth it
Question about season 2 ending. Why is there like no one in Winterfell anymore? I know the town was sieged but still...shouldn't there be people there, like citizens of the town. It just seemed really odd to me.

Then this 500 man army is no where to be found. Also what happened to Rob's plan to send someone back there to apprehend the guy. It just kind of didn't make any sense...

Seems to me that everyone in Winterfell is dead. The commonfolk from town fled when the siege army arrived.

The little amount of solders that were left at Winterfell went to Torrhen's square under Ser Rodrik's command when it was attacked (episode 5), which of course Theon used that opportunity to take Winterfell.

Other than those solders there was very few people left in Winterfell. Some went with Robb, and some others went to Kings Landing with Ned at the beginning of season 1.

As for the 500 man army lead by Roose Bolton's bastard, I think it's implied that that's him outside the gates at the beginning of episode 10 of season 2, but I don't want to say anything else because I think they left that intentionally open, but you'll find out in the future.

jett

D-Member
I fear Kevin McKidd may have been forever ruined by Grey's Anatomy. :| And poor Stevenson can't catch a break on films. We also need James Purefoy up in this bitch. Has Mance Rayder been cast yet?

edit: wow holy shit Ciaran Hinds as Mance Rayder! I was hoping for Purefoy but this is pretty awesome, although older than I pictured him to be just like every other character in the show. :p

apana

42UlA.jpg

Rose Leslie btw

I still think he should shave, but whatever, the whole hipster look seems to be working for him outside the show if you know what I mean. I thought he was dating some other girl though, the one who plays Ros.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yeah just read, pretty cool. Purefoy/Stevenson/McKidd need to get up in this bitch.

I think Lyndsey Marshal (Cleopatra) would also make a good addition to the cast, though I'm not quite sure what character she could portray. (AFFC)
Perhaps Arianne (too old?) or one of the sand snakes?

Wray

I think Lyndsey Marshal (Cleopatra) would also make a good addition to the cast, though I'm not quite sure what character she could portray. (AFFC)
Perhaps Arianne (too old?) or one of the sand snakes?

Maybe somebody in Meereen. Cant think of any notable female roles there though.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I still think he should shave, but whatever, the whole hipster look seems to be working for him outside the show if you know what I mean. I thought he was dating some other girl though, the one who plays Ros.

Even if so this upgrade move is a no brainer.

apana

einai.jpg

Here is another image of them. After some detailed analysis I have determined that he took her to Chipotle. She seems very interested in what he is saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom