• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones |OT| The offseason thread - Season 3 returns March 31st

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzu

Although, he doesn't look at all like I imagined.. Daario looks like he's got that douche vibe down. lol

Wray

Trident forked beard or I'm bailing out.

Some of these characters could be pushed back or moved, but other ones I can think of.

Mace Tyrell (probably being pushed off or we would have heard something by now)
Dalla
Roslin Frey
Edric Dayne
Harwin
Edric Storm

I think we'll see quite a few pushed back to S4. I'm going to predict...
- Red Viper (Obviously)
- Belwas
- Mace Tyrell
- Kettlebacks
- Brown Ben Plumm
- Val

I also think we're gonna see some characters moved up to S4 from Dance/Feast
- Greyjoy Brothers (Obviously)
- Randyll Tarly
- Arianne Martell (In place of Ellaria Sand)
- Hizdahr zo Loraq (If they're gonna spend all season in Meereen)

Kuroyume

Banned
Strong Belwas is one of my faves. Loved when he took a dump in front of the city gates to show disrespect when they were trying to get in.

Dysun

Daario looks appropriately smug for the role. I always imagined him with the blue hair and golden tooth though

Subitai

To non book readers? Yes.

To book readers? No.
This is a fairly accurate assessment. However, while I didn't enjoy season 2 as much, I felt it worked very well as a TV show and had a magnificent crescendo reminding everyone of the real "fire" and "ice" conflict going mostly under addressed.

Even with all these casting announcements people are drooling over, I think views will diverge even more next season.

This is a fairly accurate assessment. However, while I didn't enjoy season 2 as much, I felt it worked very well as a TV show and had a magnificent crescendo reminding everyone of the real "fire" and "ice" conflict going mostly under addressed.

Even with all these casting announcements people are drooling over, I think views will diverge even more next season.

yup

Agreed.

Now that we are in the third season, we aren't going to see the book per season format anymore. That alone almost guarantees a significant reworking/reordering of some events to work better for TV season arcs, and some book purists are not going to like that, regardless of the quality.

Nlroh

Bran just hit puberty.
tumblr_m92yyd9EWi1qzl69ho1_250.jpg

Ark

Aren't the actors ageing in time with the books? I seem to remember AGoT to ASoS is two years? Although I haven't read through AFFC yet.

Aiii

So not worth it
Aren't the actors ageing in time with the books? I seem to remember AGoT to ASoS is two years? Although I haven't read through AFFC yet.

Not much time passes in the books actually. Don't think it's been more then
a year or so
from book 1 to 5.

They were gonna have to rewrite stuff to accomodate aging of the actors at any rate. Esp. with the one year gaps between seasons. It was inevitable.

TehOh

Not much time passes in the books actually. Don't think it's been more then
a year or so
from book 1 to 5.

It has to be longer than that - [ADWD]
Theon was in the Dreadfort dungeon for over a year, and didn't Arya mention that her third nameday had passed since leaving her Winterfell?

Still, they'll have to do some rewrites, given that they'll spend two years on ASOS and 2-3 years for AFFC and ADWD, which are very tight chronologically.

Aiii

So not worth it
It has to be longer than that - [ADWD]
Theon was in the Dreadfort dungeon for over a year, and didn't Arya mention that her third nameday had passed since leaving her Winterfell?

Still, they'll have to do some rewrites, given that they'll spend two years on ASOS and 2-3 years for AFFC and ADWD, which are very tight chronologically.

Hm. I remember
Alayne saying she was 14 at the end of AFOC saying she had decided Alayna would be one year older then Sansa Stark. I can't remember how old she was at the begining of AGOT though, but I'd wager it's definitely not more then two years from books 1-5

CassSept

Hm. I remember
Alayne saying she was 14 at the end of AFOC saying she had decided Alayna would be on year older then Sansa Stark. I can't remember how old she was at the begining of AGOT though, but I'd wager it's definitely not more then two years from books 1-5

[AFFC]
I think Sansa was 11 in AGOT

gutshot

Hm. I remember
Alayne saying she was 14 at the end of AFOC saying she had decided Alayna would be one year older then Sansa Stark. I can't remember how old she was at the begining of AGOT though, but I'd wager it's definitely not more then two years from books 1-5

Here is a detailed breakdown of the timeline of events through AFFC: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/31411-global-timeline/

ADWD supposedly extends a few months or so beyond AFFC, so somewhere between 2 to 3 years seems about right.

border

Haha, Bran and Sansa being giant!

Also, Hodor is gonna get tired more quickly now.

They already had Bran in a wheelbarrow at the end of Season 2. I think they will just transition to that, rather than have Hodor carry around a fully-grown teenager.

Is Rome worth watching? I mean, is it in the same tier as shows like Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Deadwood, etc. or is it a tier or two below?

I think Rome's on par with BB. But below Mad Men and Deadwood.

People may disagree with my rankings of Mad Men and BB here though, but for sure at least many can agree that Rome stomps Game of Thrones. Especially season 1 of Rome.

Ciarin Hinds has me hyped. I really wanted him, Purefoy, McKidd and Stevenson in this series. One out of 4 aint so bad.

edit: lol at Daario, he looks like a less attractive, white Chris Brown

Kem0sabe

Thats dressing conservatively for a 15 year old around here. Girls these days dress like whores, so says my grandfather... i´m imagining him at his window screaming whores to every kid that walks by.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, back when I was 15, seeing the strap of a girls bra was exciting. These kids today are way too spoiled. :lol: Seriously though, it is amazing how things change in like 15 years time. *shrug*

I am interested to see how they'll change things around in later seasons. The books do connect almost seamlessly. So some storylines definitely need some alternating to make it appear more time has passed between them.

Definitely won't mistake her for a boy dressed like that. She was probably enjoying a day out with friends and some people wanted to take a photo. See through shirt not a good idea when you're a TV star.

PSGames

Ok I plowed through the first two seasons over the past few days. Wow what an incredible show. Are there any other shows set during this time period that are as good? I've heard of something called Camelot? Any others? There's something so epic about this time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom