• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones Season 7 Trailer

Magus1234

Might be a welcome alternative to living under Danny's reign. Remember he did kill Jamie's(their) Father and owes him his life, if things are looking ugly with Danny he might be open to negotiations.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Might be a welcome alternative to living under Danny's reign. Remember he did kill Jamie's(their) Father and owes him his life, if things are looking ugly with Danny he might be open to negotiations.
I'm sorry what? Teaming up with your crazed sister who orchestrated a sham trial to get you killed and turned your girlfriend against you, is a better alternative than to be the hand of the queen to the first person in power to truly appreciate and like you? Huh?

Magus1234

Tyrion is pretty self aware, I think he can put aside the "aw she likes me, she really likes me" and see things for what they are. If he finds that crazy dragon lady is going to unhinge and create chaos he is going to be rational not emotional(imo of course). His father wanted him dead or gone, Cersei thought he killed her son but he still loves Jamie. You really think he is going to stay loyal to something he doesn't believe just because they are nice to him especially when that might mean killing Jamie, Sansa..etc? Jorah/Translator/Unsullied are all worshiping her but Tyrion needs to be convinced.

TO be clear I don't think it will happen, but I think if it does he is absolutely set up to make the switch.

Tyrion is pretty self aware, I think he can put aside the "aw she likes me, she really likes me" and see things for what they are. If he finds that crazy dragon lady is going to unhinge and create chaos he is going to be rational not emotional(imo of course). His father wanted him dead or gone, Cersei thought he killed her son but he still loves Jamie. You really think he is going to stay loyal to something he doesn't believe just because they are nice to him especially when that might mean killing Jamie, Sansa..etc? Jorah/Translator/Unsullied are all worshiping her but Tyrion needs to be convinced.

TO be clear I don't think it will happen, but I think if it does he is absolutely set up to make the switch.

If Dany goes nuts then I could see Tyrion trying to reel her in. Not overthrow her, but just...control her a bit.

That being said, he sided with her because he believes her cause is just; it's more than just an opportune alliance for him. She's a good ruler, all things considered, and the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. There's no way Tyrion, the most honorable of all the Lannisters, wouldn't side with that. She gave him a chance and he's going to return the favor.

He's not going to stay loyal to his family. Cersei fucked him over, Jaime sided with Cersei and fucked him over by association, and the rest of the realm honestly hates him because they believed he killed the king so what does he have to lose? He owes the current Westerosi court (Littlefinger et al) absolutely fucking nothing.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
This going to only be 8 episodes, right?

Not sure what to expect. From the books, the last few seasons have been fumbles.

Magus1234

If Dany goes nuts then I could see Tyrion trying to reel her in. Not overthrow her, but just...control her a bit.

That being said, he sided with her because he believes her cause is just; it's more than just an opportune alliance for him. She's a good ruler, all things considered, and the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. There's no way Tyrion, the most honorable of all the Lannisters, wouldn't side with that. She gave him a chance and he's going to return the favor.

I agree that he is honorable and believes she is a good ruler, and that he will not be loyal to the Lanisters. I also think he will wrestle with her on some decisions and try to move her to make rational choices, where I disagree is that if she oversteps(think Mad Queen), he will not sit back and let it happen. The path to stopping that is clearly through Jamie. If she is just making tactical choices that have sacrifices then yeah I don't expect anything to happen.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible

Wait a minute. You do realise that Cersei hated Tyrion from the moment he was born right? Did you sleep through seasons 2 and three? Also, what makes you think Dany is going to and kill Sansa? Dany has two realistic enemies (LF isn't one yet) when she gets to Westeros; Cersei and Euron, and Cersei is hated by the people she rules over. The only one creating chaos is Cersei due to the fact that her own populace would for sure side against her.

Did you see the looks on the faces of those people in the throne room when Cersei was being crowned? Yeah, that doesn't look like the faces of people willing to defend a city to keep their new Queen in power lol. Oh and, Tyrion has been convinced. Watch episode 10 again.

Magus1234

Wait a minute. You do realise that Cersei hated Tyrion from the moment he was born right? Did you sleep through seasons 2 and three? Also, what makes you think Dany is going to and kill Sansa? Dany has two realistic enemies (LF isn't one yet) when she gets to Westeros; Cersei and Euron, and Cersei is hated by the people she rules over. The only one creating chaos is Cersei due to the fact that her own populace would for sure side against her.

Did you see the looks on the faces of those people in the throne room when Cersei was being crowned? Yeah, that doesn't look like the faces of people willing to defend a city to keep their new Queen in power lol. Oh and, Tyrion has been convinced. Watch episode 10 again.

I know Cersei has a mis-placed hatred for him, but it became different when she thought he was a murderer(of her son) and I know Tyrion is convinced NOW, but that might not always be the case. The whole hypothetical hangs on the idea that if Danny has to make a really big decision(we know her taking Westeros is not going to be smooth) that appears catastrophic. This essentially would mirror the actions of the Mad King. The people definitely do not like Cersei right now, but at least they are alive. If Danny wants to send her Dragons to level the whole city I'm sure they might sing a different tune, Tyrion as well.

FiggyCal

Banned
I know Cersei has a mis-placed hatred for him, but it became different when she thought he was a murderer(of her son) and I know Tyrion is convinced NOW, but that might not always be the case. The whole hypothetical hangs on the idea that if Danny has to make a really big decision(we know her taking Westeros is not going to be smooth) that appears catastrophic. This essentially would mirror the actions of the Mad King. The people definitely do not like Cersei right now, but at least they are alive. If Danny wants to send her Dragons to level the whole city I'm sure they might sing a different tune, Tyrion as well.

I think plenty of people in Kings landing would accept Dany.

I think it's important to keep in mind that the idea that Cersei is an illegitimate ruler is probably going to be even more widespread than last season. So they hate her and she doesn't have a legtitimare claim. Whatever claim she would actually have is superseded by Dany herself who is the rightful heir after the Mad King anyway. Plus she has dragons!

And I don't think people like it very much knowing that Cersei could just blow up the town again whenever she feels slighted. That was a really bad look.

Edit: Also I can see the Greyjoys betraying Dany. Or at least Theon, since he might want to support Jon's claim.

Magus1234

well if he crosses Dany, then whose side would he even be on?

Well isn't it obvious? The realm!
3959c__92854247_dxcp5n.jpg

I think plenty of people in Kings landing would accept Dany.

I think it's important to keep in mind that the idea that Cersei is an illegitimate ruler is probably going to be even more widespread than last season. So they hate her and she doesn't have a legtitimare claim. Whatever claim she would actually have is superseded by Dany herself who is the rightful heir after the Mad King anyway. Plus she has dragons!

And I don't think people like it very much knowing that Cersei could just blow up the town again whenever she feels slighted. That was a really bad look.

Edit: Also I can see the Greyjoys betraying Dany. Or at least Theon, since he might want to support Jon's claim.
oo, that is an interesting thought you got there.

but by this point, Theon would not know about Jon's parentage, and he isn't even campaigning to be king anyways.
Well isn't it obvious? The realm!
3959c__92854247_dxcp5n.jpg
that's the same thing Varys said, and Varys supports Dany.

Top Bottom