• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gameblog (French, PS4 Pro reveal date leak) feeds the NX rumor mill

Just getting my pinch of salt for this article...

Road_Salt.jpg

Standard gameblog procedure, no?

maxcriden

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/62928-j-ai-quelque-chose-a-vous-dire-sur-la-nintendo-nx-ses-premie [fr]

So this is very heavily using "should be" and "might be", but it's worth a translation:

- No real dock where you plug the handheld, but a wireless 'dongle' upscaling for the TV
- Lots of remasters planned (Skyward Sword, MK8, Splatoon, Smash, N64 and Wii games)
- FFXV and FFVII Remake are coming to NX
- Ubisoft in (BG&E 2 discussed but not confirmed, Splinter Cell and a Yoshi / Rabbid Rabbits crossover being discussed too)

The idea there is no real dock goes against the streamlinedness of the product, the aesthetic of it, and the Eurogamer rumor.

I don't agree on remasters for N64 games as a thing on NX.

I very much doubt FFXV comes to NX.

Yoshi/Rabbids sounds like...hmm.

Maiar_m

Why is there not a general NX thread again?

People sometimes complain about new threads, which get closed anyway, but wouldn't it make sense to just have a general NX discussion thread?
I was hesitant about creating this one and would have rather posted in a general thread as well, but figured giving it a chance so better informed GAFer could disprove was worth it being locked when things started getting out of hands.

I also thought the "not really a dock" """info""" to be interesting.

If the NX really does have detachable Wii Mote like controllers then it would make a Skyward Sword remaster possible without having to change everything. I think it'll happen.

Logash

FFXV on a portable console? Impossible. You think Nintendo is gonna release a HANDHELD console with that type of power and sell it less than $400? Hell no.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I believe in the FFVII rumor - will be announced when they unveil the Smash Bros. NX GotY Edition w. the missing Cloud/Bayo etc. Amiibos.

Gameblog. Nothing to see here.
Yes, sometimes, they get some genuine scoops.
But still, they're not a site worth talking about, they're the TMZ of game journalism.
Too bad, their podcast used to be great years ago.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
This is genius on Nintendo's part. The Fanboys are throbbing at the mouth while the mystic of the NX has everyone curious. Nintendo could be behind all these rumors being flooded out there. Too many to know what is true and what is bs. I do hope they reveal it soon so I know if I want one or not.

Immediately fake when mentioned FFXV. So the NX has gone from affordable, underpowered console to a PS4 level handheld? What type of battery is it using? A nuclear power?

I don't know about FFXV but I believe Square will bring other games to it.

PS4 only just caught up with the WiiU in Japan. It would benefit square, especially if this is a hybrid that you can take with you, to bring these games to NX. They'd likely do really really well over there on it.

OCD Guy

I was hesitant about creating this one and would have rather posted in a general thread as well, but figured giving it a chance so better informed GAFer could disprove was worth it being locked when things started getting out of hands.

I also thought the "not really a dock" """info""" to be interesting.

I'm just curious because there's pretty much an NX thread created (and closed) every day. I created one too which was locked.

People obviously want to talk about the console, that much is clear by how many replies these threads gather, and to me it just makes sense to have one thread that's open to share anything about the NX until an official announcement.

Obviously I'm not a moderator and I'm not familiar with all the rules and etiquette on this forum so maybe I've missed the obvious reason why there's not a general thread.

edit: To clarify I'm not questioning moderators decisions, just asking if a general thread would be allowed

Dr. Buni

- Lots of remasters planned (Skyward Sword, MK8, Splatoon, Smash, N64 and Wii games)
Yeah, no thanks. I want Splatoon 2, not a remaster. Plus. retro compatibility (even if emulated) would be better than having to buy those games again.
That FF7R isn't gonna come on that console. By the time it releases, it will already be dead.
If the NX is being released next year, I don't see it being replaced until 2022, unless it is another sales failure like the Wii U. If FF 7 R isn't released by then... color me (not) surprised.

orioto

Good Art™
780 - 900p on the same level of PS4? well.......

I don't think that's possible at all...
Back when there was a healthy wii thread, it was clearly said that the best case scenario for a portable device with a reasonable price would be around 3-500 gflops. That's 4 times less than a PS4.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
FFXV? That's hilarious. How many years after that year they need to port it to PC?

To read about FFXV and still believe this has any relevance takes a lot of credulity.

novabolt

Reggie must have left the only NX prototype in that undiscovered galaxy in NMS. That probably explains why we haven't seen it yet.

I've heard rumblings that this is very fake
(no I haven't but it reads like a laundry list of rumors that have been tossed around for months)

The idea there is no real dock goes against the streamlinedness of the product, the aesthetic of it, and the Eurogamer rumor.

I don't agree on remasters for N64 games as a thing on NX.

I very much doubt FFXV comes to NX.

Yoshi/Rabbids sounds like...hmm.

FWIW I am expecting there to be a real dock as reported by the Eurogamer leak, but there is certainly a chance that the devkit with the dock does not necessarily represent the final product, which might have a wireless/streaming connection to an analog of the dock (aka a dongle). Again, this is just devil's advocate though.

Also why is everyone laughing at FFXV on NX? Isn't it a UE4 game? Shouldn't NX be able to run UE4 quite well due to Tegra getting twice the performance on FP16 precision? Edit: wait is FFXV made in UE4? Why did I think that if it's not the case...

The release timing might not make sense, but that's really the only thing against a FFXV port to NX. Square Enix seems to be on board quite heavily, the rumored hardware should very much be able to handle a port, Japan values handhelds way above consoles... it honestly would be weirder if it doesn't come to NX.

Also why is everyone laughing at FFXV on NX? Isn't it a UE4 game? Shouldn't NX be able to run UE4 quite well due to Tegra getting twice the performance on FP16 precision?

The release timing might not make sense, but that's really the only thing against a FFXV port to NX. Square Enix seems to be on board quite heavily, the rumored hardware should very much be able to handle a port, Japan values handhelds way above consoles... it honestly would be weirder if it doesn't come to NX.

FFXV is done on SE's custom Luminous Engine. They would have to port the entire engine to the NX - for just one game too, since none of their other projects in the pipeline use it. Strange things have happened but that's one of the main hurdles.

KHIII and FFVII are on UE4.

marmoka

Banned
No Gamecube remasters??? LOL

I think it's fake. Next week we will know the answer.

Sound too good to be in a PS4 level.

Smash, Splatoon, and Mario Kart 8 remasters instead of new games lol.

Don't believe it. Nintendo doesn't really do remasters of multiplayer games. Even with the heavily rumored Smash I expect new characters making it Smash 5 regardless of it running on Smash 4's engine.

Not to mention whileI do see a remaster of Skyward Sword one day, it would likely be a 2017 or early 2018 game if the source already knew about it which would be odd due to 1: Already making a big deal out've it onWiiU VC and 2: putting so close to BOTW.

A Yoshi/Rabbids crossover does sound kinda cool tho.

But yeah overall it sounds 100% fake. And this is from the person who usually believes in leaks lol.

FFXV is done on SE's custom Luminous Engine. They would have to port the entire engine to the NX - for just one game too, since none of their other projects in the pipeline use it. Strange things have happened but that's one of the main hurdles.

KHIII and FFVII are on UE4.

Ah okay, thanks. That makes sense then. Yeah, unless somehow it's super easy to port this engine to NX (which sounds highly unlikely) than FFXV ain't showing up on NX.

Like I said, the rumor in the OP seems to be an aggregate of randomly cherrypicked rumors from the past few months.

Top Bottom