• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameFly: Mario Tennis Open (3DS) set for May 20th?

Please be an RPG Please be an RPG Please be an RPG Please be an RPG Please be an RPG Please be an RPG Please be an RPG Please be an RPG Please be an RPG Please be an RPG Please be an RPG Please be an RPG Please be an RPG Please be an RPG Please be an RPG Please be an RPG Please be an RPG Please be an RPG Please be an RPG Please be an RPG

I guessed that it would be a Spring release after they showed it off on Nintendo Direct.

I'm not liking the Sunday release date. I'd much rather order from Amazon and have it delivered on launch day rather than have to go to GameStop or something.

mclem

yeah, its just uses the same models, animations, same chairs, same stadiums, same textures, same replay cameras. clearly not a port.

It's quite possible to dig out screenshots and video of GT4 which look like GT3. Does that mean it's a port?

Just 'cause something has legacy content doesn't mean it's a port. Although, that said, it doesn't mean it *isn't*, either.

beje

Banned
So we have Kid Icarus for March, Ghost Camera for April and Mario Tennis for May. Animal Crossing for June, please? Pretty please? *makes puppy eyes*

Icicle

What are people's thoughts on what we've seen of the game so far?

GAF consensus seemed to hate the Power Shots from the GC game, and I haven't seen any sign of their return yet. Although I notice that certain shots have item 'icons' inside of them now, like a Star, Blooper, Bob-omb, and others. Curious...

The spin on some of the shots also looks absolutely ridiculous. Mario's shots too, not a "tricky" character.

The inclusion of a mini-map of the court strikes me as a strange addition...

Lothars

I love Mario Tennis and will probably pick up this but I really hope they also release a Mario Golf game, I loved the GBA versions.

Nobody else has thoughts/speculations about the preview footage? (Apologies for the double post)

No comment until I see an rpg mode!!!!!!

I do wonder if miis will be playable.

And maybe have hats!

And yeah, previews seem more Mario kartish...

I really do hope single player stuff isn't your usual tournaments. Mario kart 7 was also lacking on sp stuff

clemenx

Banned
I liked Mario Power Tennis just fine with the powershots turned OFF (seems like GAF forgets you can do this)... It was an excellent improvement from Mario Tennis 64

The M.O.B

So, after Nintendo Direct trailer, what do you guys think?

It looks like PT port + new animations to me...
Unless Nintendo is holding back some super awesome rpg mode, it's exactly like power tennis.

Exhibition, Online play, some minigames, and looks like the whole $40 package.

Won't be getting it because of the apprent lack of content. Mario kart 7 had so few modes too. I hope this isn't a trend we are seeing.

Top Bottom