• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamepass....

Can someone advise what's best to do??

Im buying an xbox later and will be logging into my old xbox account that used to have gamepass ultimate.
Its obviously ran out awhile ago so I'm looking to get gamepass again.

I can get 3 months ultimate for £25....but is there a better way to get like 6/12 months and convert??
Not sure what the current best deals are for lapsed plans

RagnarokIV

Make a desktop shortcut that opens an edge window with 20 tabs searching for random stuff. Open it once a day when you get home from work.

Do daily quiz/challenges while you're having a shit.

Check gamepass app quickly before bed.

Do things things like this and your rewards will pile up and you don't really need to pay. That's what I was doing before I used the original 3 year conversion (luckily a little before they reduced it).

Osthyvel

Driving by here, my gp ends in 3 weeks. Is it still possible to buy 3years of gold and convert that to gpu?

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Driving by here, my gp ends in 3 weeks. Is it still possible to buy 3years of gold and convert that to gpu?

Yep, that still works. Conversion ratio has now been dropped to 3/2, so your 3 years converted Gold will fetch you 2 years GPU. Still an excellent deal

Tangerine

Make a desktop shortcut that opens an edge window with 20 tabs searching for random stuff. Open it once a day when you get home from work.

Do things things like this and your rewards will pile up and you don't really need to pay. That's what I was doing before I used the original 3 year conversion (luckily a little before they reduced it).
I do this but spend it on games. I've had £240 back in Xbox vouchers. Started when the series X released.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
- Despite the conversion changing to 3 : 2 instead of 1 : 1 . Gold to GPU is still the cheapest way to get it if you want to buy in bulk

- The only other cheaper, or "free", way is using MS Rewards

- For Rewards, this thread will get you started:

Last edited:

acm2000

The level of rewards aren't, just because the service is everywhere doesn't mean every country can earn the same points as the US.
once again im in the uk like the OP is so the information i am giving is relevant to him, you can get 400-500 points every day plus whatever rewards appear in the xbox app itself

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
once again im in the uk like the OP is so the information i am giving is relevant to him, you can get 400-500 points every day plus whatever rewards appear in the xbox app itself
UK is the number 2 for earning points, it's US > UK > CA, but there's a fuckton of countries out there that can barely earn points at all
Here are some posts from reddit:
Try living in Sweden!

No search points at all!

Yeah, unfortunately it's different. I live in the Netherlands and its really hard to earn points, there aren't daily tasks as in the US and you can't get points by bing search. After two months I have only 2600 points. I contacted Microsoft reward support and they said its different in each region.
OP's post isn't a private message, anyone can stumble upon this thread and get the wrong idea from what you can get with MS rewards, which was the point of my post.

poodaddy

This. I'm paid up until 2026, but I make about thirty bucks a month in reward points, that usually goes right into movies or games on sales. I'm still buying tons of games but rarely do I use my money.

Get the cheapest gold card and convert them to ultimate I think Amazon still has them for 60 dollars so for around 180 dollars u will get 2 years of gamepass which is still an amazing deal

DaGwaphics

Since you are just establishing a subscription, I'd say go for the gold to GP conversion deal. It's still an amazing value.

Welcome to the party pal.

Edit: Should read thread before posting. Well, let the repeated advice act as reinforcement of the idea. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

Yep. This is me opening Edge every day with saved tabs literally searching Bing for all letters in the alphabet....

LgwK2YU.png

Free money.

I wonder how much money Microsoft is actually making with Gamepass when everyone (including myself) is able to find some scam/loophole to get years' worth of membership for pennies on the dollar

Arachnid

conversion is 3 to 2 now, so 3 years gold will convert to 2 years game pass ultimate

microsoft rewards will pay for game pass on its own otherwise so its free forever.
Damn, they changed it? No more abusing this once my next three years are up I guess.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Can someone advise what's best to do??

Im buying an xbox later and will be logging into my old xbox account that used to have gamepass ultimate.
Its obviously ran out awhile ago so I'm looking to get gamepass again.

I can get 3 months ultimate for £25....but is there a better way to get like 6/12 months and convert??
Not sure what the current best deals are for lapsed plans
I bought a year of Gamepass Ultimate for $60 on eBay. Which would be your cost after 4 months if you bought through Microsoft.

Topher

Gold Member
How have you done that?

In Edge, you can set what web pages to open when you start Edge. I simply created a new tab for each letter of the alphabet and then in Edge settings or preferences, set the start up tabs to be the current tabs. So all 26 tabs are saved as the start up tabs for Edge.

LDs9smI.png

This is Edge on Mac but Edge on Windows has the same functionality.

Now if you use Edge as your main browser and don't want all that starting up then you can also add all those tabs to a collection in Edge and then right click on the collection and open them all at once.

Montauk

I wonder how much money Microsoft is actually making with Gamepass when everyone (including myself) is able to find some scam/loophole to get years' worth of membership for pennies on the dollar

Ssssshh just don’t think about it.
In Edge, you can set what web pages to open when you start Edge. I simply created a new tab for each letter of the alphabet and then in Edge settings or preferences, set the start up tabs to be the current tabs. So all 26 tabs are saved as the start up tabs for Edge.

LDs9smI.png

Now if you use Edge as your main browser and don't want all that starting up then you can also add all those tabs to a collection in Edge and then right click on the collection and open them all at once.

Right. And you’re opening that just once a day or what?

Sleepwalker

How to make the desktop shorcut? Otherwise im golden.

RagnarokIV

How long do you spend on that?
Quiz is usually 5 questions but you don't need to know anything. If you're unfamiliar with the subject, just hit each answer until you get the right one. I think you may even get points as it searches the 'wrong' answer.

Daily poll is basically "Do you prefer ketchup or mustard?"
The first option always wins the poll because it's quicker for everyone to click the first option.

Then the 3rd reward task is usually something like "Try new recipes" and you click it to load a bing search for "Healthy cookie recipe" or something like that.

Takes about 2-3 minutes tops. Keep doing it and build up your weekly streaks in the Xbox Rewards app too.

RagnarokIV

LDs9smI.png

How to make the desktop shorcut? Otherwise im golden.
See the above message I quoted.

I don't use bing as my main browser but a friend of mine does and uses the same method above.

I know about 12 people who subscribe to gamepass, of those only myself and 2 others make effort to get game pass cheaply, using either cheap gold cards and converting and collecting the MS rewards. I have given the other guides on using rewards and links to cheap gold to do the same but they cant be bothered it seems and just pay the monthly sub.
I dont know why some of them think its too difficult to stay on top of or just plain lazy/got better things to worry about. People like that though are subsidizing people like us who don't mid the effort to get it cheap.
I even have a mate who works for Microsoft (not xbox) and put me in his friends and family group so I bought a few 2 year gold cards from there which were the price of 1 year, I guess now gold is going away I wont be able to do that anymore.

Osthyvel

What happens if you have an existing gpu subscription and redeem 12month gold?

I have two weeks left on my subscription and cant cancel it, i really hope i can do the turkey gold/covert then :)

Edit; and does anyone know if its still possible to stack 3 years turkey gold?

Last edited:
Top Bottom