• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamer's Nexus: ASUS Scammed Us (aka, a chronicle of the ROG Ally's inherent shittiness + ASUS' terrible support)

Boneless

… and people wonder how come someone would not just go for the shiny new specs only and trust in Valve with the Steam Deck…

EuZBklu.jpeg

Praise gabe.

Brigandier

Yes, I definitely speedrun through the video. I can't stomach his recent content anymore. It feels like he's manipulating viewers towards his biased conclusions to inflate his cult-like status. Even a usually calm tech-tuber like Ian criticized him for it.
Neither did he revert on his incorrect measurements of VSOC whereby he made bank with his series of videos on a big mistake he himself made and kept quiet since.

John Candy No GIF by Laff

What the fuck is biased about anything he presented....

He's calling out shitty practices in a shitty industry and gathering evidence from other people to make a case against Asus to improve their service to benefit many others, If you don't make a stand you won't see change, Just because you've not had any issues with Asus there's many people who have and will continue to have problems until someone with some real clout calls them out.

As for the other shit you're going on about that's for another thread as I don't give a fuck about that as it's totally irrelevant to the topic at hand.

We get it you don't like Steve and you like Asus, I feel like you're trolling us.

peish

John Candy No GIF by Laff

What the fuck is biased about anything he presented....

He's calling out shitty practices in a shitty industry and gathering evidence from other people to make a case against Asus to improve their service to benefit many others, If you don't make a stand you won't see change, Just because you've not had any issues with Asus there's many people who have and will continue to have problems until someone with some real clout calls them out.

As for the other shit you're going on about that's for another thread as I don't give a fuck about that as it's totally irrelevant to the topic at hand.

We get it you don't like Steve and you like Asus, I feel like you're trolling us.

My opinion of his content has decreased significantly following his recent youtuber faces/headers hoohas

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Yes, I definitely speedrun through the video. I can't stomach his recent content anymore. It feels like he's manipulating viewers towards his biased conclusions to inflate his cult-like status. Even a usually calm tech-tuber like Ian criticized him for it.
Neither did he revert on his incorrect measurements of VSOC whereby he made bank with his series of videos on a big mistake he himself made and kept quiet since.

However, I don't believe everyone is a saint. I've personally had positive experiences with Asus products and their RMA process (like 2-3 times PSU, Router 1-1 swap), particularly with my designated service agency. TBF my experience might be different in NA. This case likely only represents one side of the story, his side.

Yes, so you didn’t watch the video. Good for you that you’ve had a positive experience with ASUS. It doesn’t do anything for the thousands of people who did not, including the dozens upon dozens of people who reached out to GN to share their experiences which is why this video was made.

Last edited:

thief183

Gotta say that as someone with all almost everything ASUS in his PC I gotta say that I never once needed an RMA, maybe they have shitty consumer support but their product don't break as much as many other... also in Europe we can just go to the seller and he will give you a replacement most of the time.

Minsc

Gold Member
This is pretty much irrelevant if you just go through Best Buy's warranty instead. Would be the smarter thing to do.

StereoVsn

God damn Asus. I thought they improved for a bit after the recent AMD motherboard saga, but looks like they went even further into the shitter.

I am done with that. Kind of regret I got my Ally. Does Asus think that small amount of savings they get with scamming support is worth terrible publicity? I guess so, but I really hope it backfires.

StereoVsn

This is pretty much irrelevant if you just go through Best Buy's warranty instead. Would be the smarter thing to do.
That’s not true necessarily. For the first year, usually manufacturing warranty applies. Plus that’s additional cost and you have to purchase through BestBuy.

They have also been recently cutting Geeksquad staff so quality of the repair side will inevitably fall.

StereoVsn

However, I don't believe everyone is a saint. I've personally had positive experiences with Asus products and their RMA process (like 2-3 times PSU, Router 1-1 swap), particularly with my designated service agency. TBF my experience might be different in NA. This case likely only represents one side of the story, his side.

Oh, we found Asus support rep present on GAF. Good for you and I hope you are getting paid for this message.

Because if not, whew….

9UoC90I.jpeg

ReyBrujo

Gotta say that as someone with all almost everything ASUS in his PC I gotta say that I never once needed an RMA, maybe they have shitty consumer support but their product don't break as much as many other... also in Europe we can just go to the seller and he will give you a replacement most of the time.
True, down here in Argentina I simply can't RMA stuff since these companies don't have local representation. If something breaks I will have to get the seller involved. I've been using ASUS motherboards for almost 20 years and never had one break but mileage may vary.

peish

God damn Asus. I thought they improved for a bit after the recent AMD motherboard saga, but looks like they went even further into the shitter.

I am done with that. Kind of regret I got my Ally. Does Asus think that small amount of savings they get with scamming support is worth terrible publicity? I guess so, but I really hope it backfires.

Oh, we found Asus support rep present on GAF. Good for you and I hope you are getting paid for this message.

Because if not, whew….

That is the thing, there is no Asus AMD motherboard saga , so to speak. It was just poor programming from Gamernexus.
Amd overlooked their bios, Steve measured incorrect voltage points... This is why I'm more cautious about jumping pitchforks in based on Steve's videos these days..

9UoC90I.jpeg

StereoVsn

That is the thing, there is no Asus AMD motherboard saga , so to speak. It was just poor programming from Gamernexus.
Amd overlooked their bios, Steve measured incorrect voltage points... This is why I'm more cautious about jumping pitchforks in based on Steve's videos these days..

9UoC90I.jpeg
Yeah, and there was totally no denial from Asus that a problem even existing, RMA refusals and more corporate BS. But you do you and keep defending.

LordCBH

Most of these overseas brands have dogshit support, so ASUS having bad support doesn’t surprise me. Worst customer support I’ve EVER had to deal with was MSI

DavJay

These pc manufacturer are scammers. Most of them really doesn’t have a good or even reasonable customer service. I had problems with pretty much all of them. MSI, Asus, etc.

That said EVGA is the only exception. They always been great. They next day’ed me a replacement part and paid for return shipping. Even got a coupon for future purchase for the inconvenience. Really no question as exception for the part number and receipt

StereoVsn

Most of these overseas brands have dogshit support, so ASUS having bad support doesn’t surprise me. Worst customer support I’ve EVER had to deal with was MSI
That’s the problem. They are all crap. Gigabyte is compete trash (remember the exploding PSUs), Asus is trash ,and I thought MSI was better, but apparently still trash. Sigh…

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Asus has a reputation where I am for second tier components. They’ve really gone downhill unfortunately for the last 8 years or so. I saw this because I used to swear by them 15 years ago. Now I won’t even go near them for anything crucial.

Last edited:

PUNKem733

I think someone acting like the asus nut swallower in this thread should be banned for defending them while shitting on someone with a billion pieces of proof receipts from hundreds of other customers. People like that creature just fuck up and dilute the message of how terrible Asus is. He says Steve is biased, well the real bias is with this asus nut hugger.

Top Bottom