• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games journalist (also a gaf member?) suspected in murder suicide

YakiSOBA said:
Hope the murderer burns in hell, hope victims family sues the shit for emotional damages.

Condolences go out to the victim's family ONLY.
Jesus Christ, dude. I doubt his friends and family are happy about this.

Coverly

PepsimanVsJoe said:
He must have had his wires crossed or something because somewhere in-between getting into his car and driving to his estranged wife's house he'd have to think "well maybe I shouldn't kill my wife".

Nah not in-between. He probably knew what was going to happen before he got on the car to see her. Why? Who carries their father's gun unless it's specific? I don't think a person would carry a gun in the glove compartment that is not theirs all the time. He took it there with a good idea with what was probably going to happen.

Maybe he blamed his ex-wife for most of his financial troubles, she didn't see it that way and he snapped?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
YakiSOBA said:
That's awful, he has no right to take another life. Just because his life was down the shit hole doesn't mean he should have killed his ex-wife's too... total bull!

Hope the murderer burns in hell, hope victims family sues the shit for emotional damages.

Yeah because his family aren't hurt by this shit either? Retarded thinking.

andycapps

YakiSOBA said:
That's awful, he has no right to take another life. Just because his life was down the shit hole doesn't mean he should have killed his ex-wife's too... total bull!

Good God dude, calm the heck down. That's uncalled for.

If you read the news out of San Francisco the last few weeks, there seems to be a spike in this kind of tragedy. Sad stuff all-round.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
YakiSOBA said:

Are you fucking KIDDING me?

so your adult son kills his ex-wife and then kills himself. You think YOU should be sued?

Jesus christ. It's posts like this that make me rethink things like jury-by-peers.

Coverly said:
Nah not in-between. He probably knew what was going to happen before he got on the car to see her. Why? Who carries their father's gun unless it's specific? I don't think a person would carry a gun in the glove compartment that is not theirs all the time. He took it there with a good idea with what was probably going to happen.

Maybe he blamed his ex-wife for most of his financial troubles, she didn't see it that way and he snapped?

All I'm saying is that at a certain point between when the idea came to his head and when he reached the front door of her house somewhere he would have realized that killing her wasn't going to solve anything.

It's obvious that this was pre-meditated but to think at no time did he reconsider just makes the story all the more depressing.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Former UGP and our very own Hudson Hawk? Geez thats hitting kinda close to home in a way. A terrible and sad situation no matter how ya look at it... :(

Shut the fuck up, {Mike}.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
All I'm saying is that at a certain point between when the idea came to his head and when he reached the front door of her house somewhere he would have realized that killing her wasn't going to solve anything.

It's obvious that this was pre-meditated but to think at no time did he reconsider just makes the story all the more depressing.
Who knows? Maybe he went there to "punish" her by forcing her to witness his suicide and then (further) lost it. It's just fucked up all around.

I feel for everyone who lost a loved one in this situation.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Was this the guy that worked for Hudson and asked GAF about their opinions on their games and such?

stewy

After looking around a bit it seems like part of the divorce had to do with his wife cheating on him. And apparently he'd just recently found out that she'd cheated on him before with someone else, as well.

Seems some are pointing to that as his breaking point.

Torquill

YakiSOBA said:

You're an idiot.

Zenith

Banned
Teknoman said:
Seems like most of the people who didnt know him in a certain way, are the ones who post the harshest comments.

Exactly, people "who knew him a certain way" have their comments tempered with bias as they do not wish to think ill of an acquaintance. Ours are objective as we have no connection with him and just see a murderer.

LRB1983

Banned
A former journalist for IGN, Ziff-Davis and Ultra Game Players has shot himself and his wife in an apparent murder-suicide.

"shot himself and his wife" the problem is "shot his wife and himself".
Shoting himself first couldn't shot his wife after.

Zenith said:
Exactly, their comments are tempered with bias as they do not wish to think ill of an acquaintance. Ours are objective as we have no connection with him and just see a murderer.
Don't be so harsh. Murderer is just a label. The man is a human being who happened to murder, not a murderer.

jaypah

wow, i remember him from the mana thread. damn, that's messed up. do yourself and only yourself, jerkass suiciders. condolences to the families. man, what a shame...

Condolences to both families. Even though what he did was terrible that doesn't mean that his family cannot mourn his loss.

Some of you folks need to learn that the world isn't as black and white as you might perceive it to be. The sad thing is is that these type of things will probably be more common in the near future : /

stewy said:
After looking around a bit it seems like part of the divorce had to do with his wife cheating on him. And apparently he'd just recently found out that she'd cheated on him before with someone else, as well.

California is also a no-fault state so no matter the circumstances Jason would be out of luck. Throw that in with everything else going on and damn it is one shitty situation.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
LRB1983 said:
"And" is a coordinating conjunction not a conditional conjunction. In layman's terms, "And" doesn't imply order.

jaypah

Costanza said:

wait....was this the guy that tried to give away Bomberman Zero games in some kind of GAF contest? if so.....wow.

thinking about it i don't think he was the guy.

Foob

YakiSOBA said:

You dipshit

Christine

LRB1983 said:

"and" doesn't speak to the temporal order of events, merely that they both occurred. "Shot himself and his wife" is grammatically and logically correct.

my condolences to his and her family. he committed suicide so he was not thinking straight mentally so we shouldnt lay on him if he murdered his wife. He did not get the mental help he required. its the system that got to both of them

Freedom = $1.05 said:
Condolences to both families. Even though what he did was terrible that doesn't mean that his family cannot mourn his loss.

Some of you folks need to learn that the world isn't as black and white as you might perceive it to be. The sad thing is is that these type of things will probably be more common in the near future : /

Seriously! From a lot of the comments people have made, you'd think they never stepped a foot outside their doorsteps and interacted with living, breathing human beings. I would think twice before condemning a man you hardly knew...

B!TCH

how are you, B!TCH? How is your day going, B!ITCH?
A member of NeoGAF is suspected in a murder-suicide?

This is scary.

consoul

This is an awful tragedy. Shit things happen in people's lives and they can become temporarily overwhelmed and irrational, not realizing that things can get better. If people in those situations didn't have easy access to firearms, there might be fewer outcomes like this one.

Divorce and all the nasty things that go along with it combined with money problems will push a person to their breaking point.

It's sad, but I can't see things getting any better in the short term.

I remember his posts from Hudson and VC threads well. RIP.

consoul said:
This is an awful tragedy. Shit things happen in people's lives and they can become temporarily overwhelmed and irrational, not realizing that things can get better. If people in those situations didn't have easy access to firearms, there might be fewer outcomes like this one.
Can we not go there? :/

consoul said:
It might have been far more brutal had it not been a fire arm.

Fewr

YakiSOBA said:

sigh..

btw, your attitude reminds me of this I read last night.

EDIT: I didn't know him, but I won't condemn him because I don't consider myself any better than he was. I do hope and pray both families find solace, strength and guidance through this.

Valcrist

None of us will ever know what events passed, or what led up to it. Some people need to step down from their self-rightous high horses.
But, I do know that both families will have to live with the pain this has left them.

I offer my condolences to all those invovled and those who will be affected.

zon

stewy said:

Yeah, some men who otherwise have been good and nice people in general will completely lose it if they find out their wife has been cheating on them or divorces them. Crimes of passion are tragic things :|

Top Bottom