• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that never were...

Core407

Banned
I think my biggest disappointment was with Fate. I remember when they announced the MMO for the Xbox and how everyone was claiming it to be the next big thing. I think they promised region-specific langauges that players would have to learn and along side the ability to own homes and what-not.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
1166043545_mid.jpg

KillingDay_03.jpg

Thermite

..that never were released? if so, True Fantasy Live Online. I'm not a big fan of MMO's, but I was actually interested in this one from the first time I read about it.

That game about a woman journeying into Hell to save her daughter. Can't remember what it was called but the art design was fantastic.

Gattsu25

Banned
A massive space exploration game with procedurally branching conversation and
plot trees.

Over 10 categories of interplanetary vessels including small scout ships and transport
vessels and even going up to large vessels such as battle stations.

Over 10 categories of surface vessels including submersibles, low flying aircraft, and
ground based transport vehicles.

Over 50 unique craft for each category.

Over 100 unique vessel weapons running the gamut from bullet based machine guns to
plasma dispensing missiles and even nukes.

Over 100 unique sensory and stealth based installments for each class of vessels ranging
from detection evasion equipment to ship-side advertisements.

A tier based upgrade model for each vessel and piece of equipment and a modular
upgrade system on top of that.

*FULL* Planetary exploration.

The ability to perform such actions as species identification, conquering, riding, hunting,
building, assassinations, exploration, treasure hunting (inside crypts and ancient ruins)
and trading (minerals, commodities, machinery, and [should you desire] even servants)
among other activities on *and* off a planet's surface.

No character level ups, skill progression or gaining abilities. Improved success is due
solely to the tools to better perform the job and player talent.

Good ****ing controls.

oh, you mean previously announced games? Viper GTS 2 (Wii)

Yama

Biohazard 1.5, Biohazard 3.5

Both were scrapped for arguably the best titles in the series, but I still want to play them.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
badcrumble said:
That game about a woman journeying into Hell to save her daughter. Can't remember what it was called but the art design was fantastic.

Yeah, I remember that one. I have no idea what it was called though.

bud

Core407 said:
Please don't ruin this thread. :)

Edit: http://dcmedia.ign.com/media/previews/image/maxpayne/bg02.jpg[img]

Max Payne DC.[/QUOTE]

what is this thread even about? the superiour version of max payne came out on the pc.

Core407

Banned
bud said:
but, like, max payne came out on the pc, ps2 and xbox.

Yeah but not on the Dreamcast. :lol The PS2 version was garbage too. I'd argue the DC version would have outclassed the PS2 one.

FirewalkR

Into the shadows, by Triton, one of the best demogroups ever. It never came out due to some disagreement with the publisher. They released a tech demo showing some really impressive graphics made possible by a state-of-the-art (at the time :) )software 3d engine. I was in awe with those multiple lights/shadows and it's a shame it wasn't to be. Triton (some of the main members, at least) eventually became Starbreeze, and Enclave seems to have implemented some of the concepts of Into the Shadows.

There's just a tiny 320x200 pic at the demo link, which was probably the full res, or close to it, i can't remember if they were using the standard VGA res or some "mode x" variant.

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Into_the_Shadows

Demo (probably runs with dosbox): http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=2588

Top Bottom