• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that never were...

Karma Studios had some nice looking, not to mention sounding, games in development for the Gameboy Color. The mp3s here were originally available on the developers website (download them!).

Stip
stip_1.gif
stip_4.gif

stip_7.gif
stip_11.gif

Trailer
Music:
Spring
Menu
Boss

Section 7
section7_1.gif
section7_3.gif
section7_8.gif

Music:
Title
Ingame

Bounced
bounced_4.gif
bounced_5.gif

bounced_8.gif
bounced_12.gif

Music:
Beach
Egypt
Holland
Polar
Ending

Turbo Racing Challenge
turbo_1.gif
turbo_4.gif

turbo_9.gif
turbo_3.gif

Music:
Intro
Menu
Ending

Rebounced
Couldn't find any pictures but here is some music.
Menu
Ending

All the music in one handy zip file.

Mythri
A western made Japanese-style RPG, originally started on the GBC and then moved to the GBA. I think the gbc version looks better though.

mythri001.jpg

mythri002.gif

mythri003.gif

mythri-25.gif
mythri-22.gif
mythri-gbc-01.jpg
mythri-01.gif
mythri-gbc-05.jpg

mythri-gbc-16.jpg
mythri-gbc-06.jpg
mythri-09.gif
mythri-gbc-02.jpg
mythri-gbc-17.jpg

The music was done by Ian Stocker and he has made the entire soundtrack of the GBC version available for download.

ram

besides OUTCAST II (gawd, i loved the first game - awesome story, gameplay, visuals and eveb AAA dubbing (german sepaker of bruce willis)!

Warcraft-adventures-boxart.jpg

Warcraft-adventures-screenshot2.jpg

Warcraft-adventures-sceenshot1.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The one that hurt me the most was Chakan the Forever Man for DC.

During each in-game cut scene, which will be handled by the game's internally developed engine, you'll be able to rotate the camera around the characters to soak up as much of the scene as possible to help you gain an advantage over your enemy. Each haunting vision will act as a clue for Chakan, and only the most observant players will truly take advantage of their curse to win the day. You'll also have to pay attention to Chakan during the game itself. He may look at a certain ledge, hinting that you should climb it, or perhaps he look a certain way when he hears something, indicating you'd better be ready. You get the idea.

Thankfully, you'll have a while to catch on. As Chakan travels down the River Styx towards his final battle, he will reminisce on his greatest victories throughout time, and it is through reliving these visions that you'll experience each of these aforementioned villains in a frighteningly real sequence of heart-pounding terror. Annunziata is very big on the fact that Chakan will be the type of game that puts you on the edge of your seat, as each move counts. "Say your enemy has very good hearing, and each step you make can be heard by it from anywhere in the level. Make too much noise and your dead. But, the battle takes place during a heavy thunderstorm. When lighting crashes, make you move, or maybe you can find a surface that isn't as loud as your boots sloshing though the mud. Hopping from rock to rock might be another way to get to him." But again, if you screw up, this fiend will gut you in a heartbeat. Think of it as Bushido Blade for fantasy fans on some sort of realism-inducing steroid. The best players can rush in unprepared and fly by the seat of their pants and occasionally use brute strength to maul their way through evil, but this is about as unlikely as Chakan admitting he has an equal in battle. Calculated efficiency will be the key to the day, and outsmarting your enemy will be as important as out muscling him.

in_story4.jpg

bg02.jpg

bg25.jpg

bg04.jpg

God what a sexy game.

Of course there is also Agartha, and Sonic Xtreme.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
ram said:
besides OUTCAST II (gawd, i loved the first game - awesome story, gameplay, visuals and eveb AAA dubbing (german sepaker of bruce willis)!

This game never came out? I remember reading reviews of this game in very popular Spanish magazines. SUPERJUEGOS fails me again.

Nightz said:
250px-StarCraft_Ghost.title.jpg

I was really looking forward to this :(

That's a great one too, I was really looking forward to that game for years... :(

ram said:

This too, though at least it didn't drag on unreleased for as long as Ghost did so you could get used to the fact that it was never coming out... but Ghost was in the works for years, never quite making it...

XiaNaphryz said:
SKIES OF ARCADIA 2.

:(

Did that ever actually get past planning stages, though?

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
Where's the REAL Fallout 3, aka Van Buren love? :(

There's about a million other games I could list but it would bring back too many bad memories. ;(

Zeed

Banned
neopokekun said:
Kiki Kai Kai 2 (PS2)
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20061212/kiki14.jpg[img]
[img]http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20061212/kiki10.jpg[img]
[img]http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20061212/kiki16.jpg[img]
[img]http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20061212/kiki15.jpg[img]
[img]http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20061212/kiki13.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
What the fuck? They were working on a sequel? And it never came out?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Top Bottom