• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that no one has played on NeoGAF except you

Used to own this. Was Terrible at it.

Dragon%20Seeds%20[U]%20[SLUS-00734]-front.jpg

Freaking loved Dragon Seeds. I was ok at the game and gotten to the point where I had to retire my dragons because they got too old lol.

How about these two:

PA.03670.012.jpg

PA.58886.001.jpg

Kagami

http://www.gbdb.org/images/games/milons_secret_castle/milons_secret_castle_11_box_front.jpg

Anyone else? I got it when I was very young and found it to be quite difficult. I never beat it, and I honestly don't really remember anything about it besides the extremely vague nature with which you would have to figure out where to go. Oh, and shooting bubbles at everything seemed to be necessary in order to discover secret items that allowed you to progress further into the game.
Played the NES version some, but not Gameboy.

561872_51380_front.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen anyone else mention Vexx. I thought it was pretty damn good.

Vexx, Dr Muto, I-Ninja and Metal Arms... the 3D platformers on PS2 that weren't Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank or Sly Cooper that nobody enjoyed. I liked 'em... especially I Ninja.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
c7titlem.gif

33977-corridor-7-alien-invasion-dos-screenshot-this-fellow-may-be.gif

Corridor 7. What a strangely compelling game. Of course, it simply played like a souped-up Wolfenstein 3D.

I bet none of you has heard about Moonstone? A strategy/real time fighting/rpg game from the nineties for the Amiga. It was really graphic for it's time and you could decapitate your enemies and so on.

moonstone-a-hard-days-knight-amiga-012_m.jpg

Nah, played it. Moonstone is probably my favorite Amiga game of all time! :)

To contribute: whenever we have threads like these I always need to bring up and Disciples II: The Dark Prophecy. I've never met anyone else who'd played this game, which is a real shame. It's a turn-based strategy game similar in gameplay to the Heroes of Might and Magic series, but much better in my opinion.

What I absolutely loved about this game is its beautiful graphics and music, which lend it a majestic, slightly melancholic dark fantasy tone. The closest thing (loosely) in atmosphere and presentation I can think of in recent times is Demons Souls and Dark Souls.

There are different races, lots of magic, different heroes to choose from and level up, and the story isn't too bad either. If you're even remotely interested in turn based strategy games, give it a shot!

928105_20050809_640screen003.jpg

Attack Retrieve Capture, AKA ARC. Made by two of the founders of Popcap like 20 years ago. Top Down multiplayer online CTF game.

shattered-galaxy-aliens.jpg

Shattered Galaxy, made by Nexon 13-ish years ago.

200597-netwits-windows-screenshot-netwits-game-switcheroo-s.png

Netwits, Online faux-TV game show on the MSN Zone 15-ish years ago.

Kagami

Also this, maybe:

53790-Card_Captor_Sakura_-_Clowcard_Magic_(Japan)-1.jpg

http://www.mondemul.net/screens/rom...ory 1 Card Captor Sakura CD2-PSX-NTSC-JAP.jpg

I don't remember much about it other than I beat it in less than three hours.
I'll see your Playstation CCS and raise you the Dreamcast one.

ibk5NsXEfVsrk6.JPG

It comes in this ridiculous huge box containing a body pillow cover, a clock, and a friggin' pancake utensil set with a fork, spoon, plate, and plate holder. Oh and there's a game in there somewhere.

iPkL96FZi4j0q.JPG

iYOpMmBuyC8Bt.jpg

You don't play as Sakura, but rather as Tomoyo recording Sakura with a video camera.

LeBoef

Op posts battle zone... Wtf? Why do you think you re the only one playing this?! Come on, its an activision game which was reviewed by every magazine at its time

Vampire (C64)
piVdBIBl.jpg

bHG5Nz4l.gif

Milk Race (C64)
XD3Wntvl.jpg

2SZg3kJl.gif

Slurpy (C64)
JJ4USJNl.jpg

WBVIXF9l.png

ZUB (C64)
rQWpb3Bl.jpg

3agFfBil.gif

CJ's Elephant Antics (C64)
B1dWUOIl.jpg

Em2l3HGl.gif

Action Biker (C64)
nxVjnOMl.png

xbMFWt0l.gif

Granny's Garden (BBC Micro)
EyFx5aAl.gif

Hoi (Amiga)
G05FGdDl.jpg

EgjDq1xl.gif

Network Q RAC Rally Championship (PC)
mN0O2mvl.jpg

K3envKxl.png

Dizasterblaster (C64)
UqVZeZTl.jpg

kHmxTTHl.png

And.. it seems... :( ...

Monty on the Run (C64)
T7tjaHHl.png

RXTcHpMl.jpg

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I made a text adventure in MS BASIC once. I didn't even play it myself!

I love this thread. Some of these titles feel really alien to me. Particularly most of the older euro and US computer releases like c64, Atari ST, Amiga, etc. it's like some bizarro gaming childhood I never got to experience.

Spazznid

I can't think of anything I've played that was that obscure. Best I can do is this stupid flash game I spent most of my college IT class playing called Nanaca Crash:

99_image_1

Basically you decide the angle and power with which you get him by some girl on a bike, then you try and stay it motion as long as possible to set distance records. It might be my favourite game. Also it's flash.

I hate you for that new bookmark of mine....

CSX

I remember playing some sort of japanese strip rock-paper-scissors game on my cousin's saturn many years ago. Don't know the name though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I remember playing some sort of japanese strip rock-paper-scissors game on my cousin's saturn many years ago. Don't know the name though.

Yakyuken Special for the Saturn.

Oh god why do I know this. Oh wait, that's right, I know this because of Seanbaby. Carry on.

CSX

Yakyuken Special for the Saturn.

Oh god why do I know this. Oh wait, that's right, I know this because of Seanbaby. Carry on.

Google imaged (nsfw) the name. Yep that's it. I played this game when i was 3-4 yrs old . I recognize those face icons and those creepy hands. Not gonna lie, judging from these pics popping up on google, you gotta be desperate to hunt down and play this game lol.

EDIT: heres a pic of the cover. thankfully sfw

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
ACTION MAX!

Yep, had that as a kid also.

Afterlife (cool sim game)

LucasArts PC game in the early 90s? Pretty sure plenty on GAF would've played that. I know I did.

Looks like one other person also played Begin, so my post didn't hold up. Only other game I can possibly think of that might qualify for the topic (and isn't a cancelled game I worked on while in development) is Project: Space Station. That game still amazes me in how much content they crammed in.

HXNLX7K.png
IcnuGxK.png

Nvzo4jW.png
aJL9kfl.png

VeOI9aY.png
fUy6Ozy.png

E8bjASJ.png
KEJpwv4.png

GWkEvIW.png

muWiRJ3.png
0y61p9n.png

FH3gcwT.png
Ca0aaax.png

LoGm1Sx.png

uSBaZqt.png
KsXNCqx.png

OfboDD5.png

pMbssMh.png
6YFm8Xt.png

Billen

Banned
For my first computer, a Texas TI99/4A, you could buy games from ads in a computer magazine. The games arrived on paper, and you had to enter the code yourself before you could play it.

There are so many games posted here that I remember fondly, and some that I hate. Mostly though, the nostalgic feeling tends to overwhelm you and everything looks fine in retrospect. Good times.

I was gonna post Auf Wiedersehen Monty but then I remembered that there is a guy with a monty avatar here :p

Mms8zEUl.jpg

aZHCSmwl.png

SDqR2qml.jpg

Auf Wiedersehen Monty was fucking awesome. And it has the absolute best title music of any game ever. And WAY WAY ahead of its time.

If anyone wants to know just how incredible the C64 SID chip is, then listen to this beauty:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfkES0NsH4o

Yes, that was really coming out of a computer released in 1982, 31 years ago!!

Arthea

There are so many games in here that I never heard about!
And a few I played, Disciples II for example (not better than HoMM, no), Ring of Red, Picross 3D.
OK lemme try mine:
ASCII Enterprise game (no pics for obvious reasons) from era when there were no games with graphics.
Stars! Cant find any pics either...
Never see Majesty games mentioned on gaf either.
Majesty-mac-boxart.jpg

Conqueror - A.D. 1086

i think this one is forgotten. nobody talks about it anywhere.

ecCJIiw.png

a DOS/Win 95 game. game had variety, that's what pulled me in originally.

stNpAiT.png

build your castle, and strategic gameplay.

KuA0DtF.png

real time castle invasion. battle 100something knights on your way to the top. very simplistic battle system. the mechanics get old after two battles, but it was cool to play, because you had knights fighting. that's the story of real time combat for most of pc gaming at that time.

X2UqNwx.png

boXpCUu.png

you can waifu the girls. casual emblem awakening is just a knock-off. they don't look that bad for pixels, which was surprising.

CXA3VV0.png

let's not talk about the jousting. terrible, terrible, terrible controls and just random.

all of this combined made a fun game somehow. not AAA+ BBQ quality, but you kept coming back for more.

bonus track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc4bHWFkjEs

Darkangus

To contribute: whenever we have threads like these I always need to bring up and Disciples II: The Dark Prophecy. I've never met anyone else who'd played this game, which is a real shame. It's a turn-based strategy game similar in gameplay to the Heroes of Might and Magic series, but much better in my opinion.

What I absolutely loved about this game is its beautiful graphics and music, which lend it a majestic, slightly melancholic dark fantasy tone. The closest thing (loosely) in atmosphere and presentation I can think of in recent times is Demons Souls and Dark Souls.

There are different races, lots of magic, different heroes to choose from and level up, and the story isn't too bad either. If you're even remotely interested in turn based strategy games, give it a shot!

I played Disciples II almost daily for a full year... great game!!! =)

Mr Nash

square pies = communism

I love Disciples II. Played it like crazy when it came out. I remember seeing people get into arguments back then as to which they liked better, this or HoMM 3. :p

I bet no one played Evil Zone on PS1.

Really cool fighting game with over the top attacks.

Evil_Zone_Pal.jpg

Oh Titus! Whenever I saw that logo on a game I avoided it like the plague. I don't think they developed/published a single good game ever. Maybe this was an exception.

XiaNaphryz

Pretty sure there's a core group of faithful Disciples fans on GAF. Most of the threads are several years old though.

Dennis

Banned
Yep, had that as a kid also.

LucasArts PC game in the early 90s? Pretty sure plenty on GAF would've played that. I know I did.

Looks like one other person also played Begin, so my post didn't hold up. Only other game I can possibly think of that might qualify for the topic (and isn't a cancelled game I worked on while in development) is Project: Space Station. That game still amazes me in how much content they crammed in.

HXNLX7K.png
IcnuGxK.png

Nvzo4jW.png
aJL9kfl.png

VeOI9aY.png
fUy6Ozy.png

E8bjASJ.png
KEJpwv4.png

GWkEvIW.png

muWiRJ3.png
0y61p9n.png

FH3gcwT.png
Ca0aaax.png

LoGm1Sx.png

uSBaZqt.png
KsXNCqx.png

OfboDD5.png

pMbssMh.png
6YFm8Xt.png

OMG that looks absolutely amazing. Would have loved having that game as a kid.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
No one seemed to have played Panther on the C64. Huh.

Hunter, probably the first 3d game with different vehicles and an open world to explore:

hunter.jpg

Played! Great game. I think Midwinter was around that time, right?

I was hooked to this at one point.

3_cannonfodder_cover.jpg

Played and completed. Skidoos for the win!

Okay, how about this?

I must admit, I didn't quite understand what I was doing at the time, but I enjoyed it anyway.

...or have you played...

...how about this...

...and what about this bad boy, the singularly amazing...

XiaNaphryz

OMG that looks absolutely amazing. Would have loved having that game as a kid.

Man, I spent countless hours in that game growing up...some of it just reading through all the text descriptions.

...or have you played...

...how about this...

...and what about this bad boy, the singularly amazing...
I played all of those!

For some reason seeing Midwinter II again also brings up PowerMonger to mind.

Top Bottom