• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games With Gold: July 2014 - Guess the games

It won't be Ryse on Xbox One, that is on sale at the moment. Same goes for Stryder.

LocoCycle & Fighter Within are almost too bad to give away, surely.

Power Star Golf has recently changed its pricing model, so, doubt that.

Peggle 2 will be eventually, but that was on sale last month.

Any title that still has Season Pass content to come I doubt will be free until the "season" is over.

I doubt any 3rd party triple A titles will go free just yet (AC, NFS, COD, BF4).

None of the EA Sports franchises, surely.

And games like Super Time force, Child of Light, and more recent indies would surprise me.

So, looking at the options of games that came out 5-7 months ago, leaves:

Crimson Dragon
Angry Birds Star Wars
Lego Games
Zoo Tycoon
Zumba
Just Dance
NBA 2K14
Strike Suit Zero

My prediction? Crimson Dragon and Strike Suit Zero.

Would be nice to get NBA tho (or even Zoo Tycoon/Just Dance, so I can get rid of my discs for these games!)

EdgeXL

I strongly doubt Fighter Within is a contender for two reasons-

It is absolutely terrible. Phil Spencer wouldn't do that.

As far as I can remember, a Kinect-only game has never been given as a GwG title.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

As far as I can remember, a Kinect-only game has never been given as a GwG title.
lol yeah Fighter Within would be hilarious if happens to be the game.

jond76

Banned

Ya know, I have a lot of fun with Fighter Within. It's not the best, but it tracks well when you don't flail like wet chicken. In fact, Fighter Within (strangely) has some of the most views of all my upload clips.

I like it, so there.

SOLIDDDD

Banned
I wish Nuts and Bolts would be a free choice, I've been waiting for that or Viva Pinata to go on sale or be one of the chosen games forever.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Ya know, I have a lot of fun with Fighter Within. It's not the best, but it tracks well when you don't flail like wet chicken. In fact, Fighter Within (strangely) has some of the most views of all my upload clips.

I like it, so there.
Did you ever play fighters uncaged? Wondering how it is in comparison.

flkraven

I wish Nuts and Bolts would be a free choice, I've been waiting for that or Viva Pinata to go on sale or be one of the chosen games forever.

Microsoft released a greatest hits pack that has Viva Pinata and Nuts & Bolts, and you can find it at most places for less than $15...

Orca

I'd like to see it be something I'm interested in but wouldn't buy - like Zoo Tycoon and Fighter Within.

More likely it'll be Lococycle and Strike Suit Zero. Have SSZ already but I'd give Lococycle a shot.

blakep267

crimson dragon just had a sale so it won't be that.

that leaves

Lococycle
fighter within
Strike suit
Ground zeroes
trials
child of light
nutjitsu

Those games are all under $30 and have release more than a month or so ago.

Id say a match of loco cycle and either strike suit or fighter within.

but hey, they might throw a curve ball and do zoo tycoon, 2k14 or plants vs zombies. Doubt it tho

I could see something like this happening...

Xbox One
-Zoo Tycoon
-Lococycle

Xbox 360
-Zoo Tycoon
-Lococycle

I'd be okay with that.

I'll believe there is an outside chance of Ryse but Forza no way.

For Forza, its been packed in a lot and MS mentioned its attach rate so I dont think it makes much sense I guess. Ryse would be a good one and i'd like that but I dont see it happening yet

Bgamer90

Banned
It won't be Ryse on Xbox One, that is on sale at the moment. Same goes for Stryder.

Power Star Golf has recently changed its pricing model, so, doubt that.

Peggle 2 will be eventually, but that was on sale last month.

Any title that still has Season Pass content to come I doubt will be free until the "season" is over.

I doubt any 3rd party triple A titles will go free just yet (AC, NFS, COD, BF4).

None of the EA Sports franchises, surely.

And games like Super Time force, Child of Light, and more recent indies would surprise me.

So, looking at the options of games that came out 5-7 months ago, leaves:

Crimson Dragon
Angry Birds Star Wars
Lego Games
Zoo Tycoon
Zumba
Just Dance
NBA 2K14
Strike Suit Zero

My prediction? Crimson Dragon and Strike Suit Zero.

Would be nice to get NBA tho (or even Zoo Tycoon/Just Dance, so I can get rid of my discs for these games!)

Good deductive reasoning. Think you may be right.

Too early for Titanfall? Surely anyone who was planning on buying that already has, plus they can shift a few DLC packs giving it away to Gold subscribers

royox

Question: If I "buy" the free Xbox ONE game with my Xboxlive Account but I still don't own a XboxOne (I have a 360), will I own that game when I buy a Xbone?

I get the Halo Spartan Assault but I dunno if it will work.

mike4001_

Question: If I "buy" the free Xbox ONE game with my Xboxlive Account but I still don't own a XboxOne (I have a 360), will I own that game when I buy a Xbone?

I get the Halo Spartan Assault but I dunno if it will work.

Yes, you can "buy" the games for € 0,00 even if you do not have an xbox one.

store.xbox.com

I'm 72.4% sure one of the games will be LocoCycle.

That wouldn't be a bad thing either. It's a good game, the more people that play it, the better.

mike4001_

Do you really think we get a retail game ?

I bet they will release one (maybe new) indie game + one older arcade game per month.

I'd like to see Microsoft take the lead here and give out a free full retail title (such as Ryse). They shouldn't need to wait for Sony to do so first.

I'd hope they don't squander some of that post-E3 goodwill and give out poorly-received games like Lococycle. That would sting a bit right now.

fwpx

I'm seriously hoping Ryse is free. I've always wanted to play it, but it doesn't sound like a game I would feel comfortable paying over about 10 bucks for.

mike4001_

Problem is if they start with a retail game now, they basically have to give one out every month - otherwise peope get angry ;)

I can not see it being Ryse, certainly not yet, for a number of reasons.

- It was an exclusive launch title and it feels too soon. Maybe in the future, as the library increases, you will see top games "free" within 6 months of release. Now though, I just don't see it.
- It is on sale at the moment (some big FU to the people who buy it, then suddenly it becomes free a week or so later)
- Crytek's financial position (they need all the sales they can get!)

Alx

They would be great candidates for the GwG though... Most people may not want to pay for them, but if they get to play them for "free", they may discover that they're not so bad for that price.

Crimson Dragon
Angry Birds Star Wars
Lego Games
Zoo Tycoon
Zumba
Just Dance
NBA 2K14
Strike Suit Zero

I think Crimson Dragon would be a good choice (although I already own it :( ) .
I'd be delighted if they chose Lego Marvel, I intend to play it at one point, but not at the current price.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Problem is if they start with a retail game now, they basically have to give one out every month - otherwise peope get angry ;)

Thats a good point. Retail game this month or any other month would by default increases everyone's expectation for the month after that even more. And since there are only handful of games right now in the market, this is a problem for Sony and MS both.

Top Bottom