• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games With Gold: July 2014 - Guess the games

Footos22

I'm seriously hoping Ryse is free. I've always wanted to play it, but it doesn't sound like a game I would feel comfortable paying over about 10 bucks for.

I borrowed it off a friend and i definitely glad i did. Its a good game but has zero replay value though, the coop multiplayer is boring as hell.

Def worth a rent though. Its quite short as well but thats not a bad thing seeming how repetitive it is. the last thing you do in the game is a 20+ input QTE which always goes down well for an epic final encounter which never turns up.

They should skip Lococycle because they know nobody want's it. Putting crappy games on GWG is not a thing MS needs to be doing. I know there isn't much to choose from right now but they can do better than that.

Be brave MS and give us something good!

Castef

Banned
I want Super Time Force. We'll get Lococycle.

Too soon for Super Time Force, I'd say.

Also, I have to admit that somehow i had fun reviewing LocoCycle.

It is a mess on so many levels, yet it is... uh... fun.

And the live-action scenes are good. I mean... "I need a similar weapon..." :D

They should skip Lococycle because they know nobody want's it. Putting crappy games on GWG is not a thing MS needs to be doing. I know there isn't much to choose from right now but they can do better than that.

Be brave MS and give us something good!

Jog on. Loco isn't crappy. It's a surprisingly good game.

DedValve

Banned
They would be great candidates for the GwG though... Most people may not want to pay for them, but if they get to play them for "free", they may discover that they're not so bad for that price.

I think Crimson Dragon would be a good choice (although I already own it :( ) .
I'd be delighted if they chose Lego Marvel, I intend to play it at one point, but not at the current price.

Fighter Within is worth no price. Unless your drunk and there are better drunk games to play.

Hopefully 360 will get a co-op game or something. Or anarchy reigns. That game is the poster child for PS+ and GWG.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
LocoCycle and Zoo Tycoon have not been on sale recently. So one of those.

Everything else feels a little too new.

I could theoretically see Rayman. DR because its no longer exclusive and I could see MS wanted to get a boost from giving away a big name game.

Either of those would have me thrilled.

So.. basically lococycle and meltdowns.

Too soon for Super Time Force, I'd say.

Also, I have to admit that somehow i had fun reviewing LocoCycle.

It is a mess on so many levels, yet it is... uh... fun.

And the live-action scenes are good. I mean... "I need a similar weapon..." :D

I think it will be too early as well. I'll have probably already purchased it by the time it is on GWG.

I wouldn't mind Zoo Tycoon though.

Caayn

I don't think that Strider or Crimson Dragon will appear, both of them just had a sale this month.

I'm fine with any game that I don't own yet.

Sony has time and time again dropped a free game on PS+ a month or two after it was on a major sale...

Think about it. It's a great way to squeeze additional revenue out of a title. You sure as fuck don't want to put it on sale AFTER it was free...

Sony has time and time again dropped a free game on PS+ a month or two after it was on a major sale...

Think about it. It's a great way to squeeze additional revenue out of a title. You sure as fuck don't want to put it on sale AFTER it was free...

I agree to a certain extent. However, not 1-2 weeks after it was on sale, that would be a bit naughty. As you say a month or two would be fair.

ryan299

MS is going to get so much bad press if its only one X1 game a month. It's going to be Crimson Dragon and Lococycle.

What about PowerStar Golf? I bought it at launch and its a cool game. Didn't they change the way you pay for that game though?

Maybe it wouldn't be a good fit for the GWG? I don't know how they changed the monitization model.

MS is going to get so much bad press if its only one X1 game a month. It's going to be Crimson Dragon and Lococycle.

Wasn't it only two games for that month as it was the anniversary of Gold ?

Let's be realistic here, the platform hasn't even been out a year, how much content do you expect them to provide for free a month ? Be reasonable , the 360 has a massive back catalog, the Xbox One doesn't .

I agree to a certain extent. However, not 1-2 weeks after it was on sale, that would be a bit naughty. As you say a month or two would be fair.

"Next month" can mean anything from 0-3 weeks the way PS+ works.

I'm sure there will be some salt in the future. Never assume that a PS+/GWG half-off sale assures that said game won't be free very, very soon.

Is the xbox one definitely getting new games each month? I hope so, but I'm sure I read somewhere that the current two are there until August :-/

If they end up doing two games for July then I'd imagine Lococycle is pretty much a lock. As for the other game I'd guess Zoo Tycoon or Rayman Legends with possibly Thief as a longshot. It seems like everything else that is even remotely noteworthy has been on sale recently. Maybe they could throw Strike Suit Zero in there.

If they only do one game next month and it ends up being Lococycle then they're going to be getting a lot of hate, and rightfully so. Surely they aren't that dumb.

Yup, it's a really underrated game. The entire end sequence is just mind blowing awesome.

I think a lot of people would be surprised by how good it is.

Its weird... I think the way i'd describe it is "WTF?"

I don't think I enjoyed it, but its compelling-ish, I felt like I wanted to continue playing it, weird game....

Scanna

So Guacamelee Xbox One + Max remaining a couple of weeks longer
and Battleblock Theater + Gotham city imposters for X360.
I mean, two good games, but not so enticing after all

chrizzz09

Coming up in July, Xbox Live Gold members can look forward to three new free games on Xbox One and Xbox 360. Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition will debut on Xbox One as a free download, replacing June’s Xbox One Games with Gold title Halo: Spartan Assault (so be sure to grab it now if you haven’t already). Max: The Curse of Brotherhood will remain available for Xbox Live Gold members to download for Xbox One.

On Xbox 360, starting Tuesday, July 1st, Gotham City Imposters (normally US $14.99) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through July 15th.
Then on July 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download two titles, BattleBlock Theater (normally US $14.99) for free through July 31st.

http://majornelson.com/2014/06/26/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-july-2014/?linkId=8635920

Well, nothing really exciting for July... except Guacamelee, for those who haven't played it yet.

I have a feeling that after the June games (Dark Souls etc) MS is going to give the 360 a slow death in regards to the "Games with Gold" program.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Those are all excellent choices that I actually don't have any of again.

I have the other XBL games from the BattleBlock devs except for BattleBlock itself so it would complete that collection for me.

Great choices this month - wouldn't have guessed any of those, especially Guacamelee debuting for free on XB1.

Top Bottom