• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games with Mine cart levels

Mesijs

Neuromancer said:
231462.jpeg

Looks a little doofy now but I liked it back in the day.

I love this game! It's a fantastic 2D action-adventure.

I think when I replayed it I could play with my lives until the mine cart level, then died. :(

Also, LBP.

The Great Cave Offensive in Kirby Superstar has mine cart segments between levels, and I'm pretty sure Milky Way Wishes in the same game has an actual mine cart level, but neither is particularly long.

Oh yeah... and Indiana Jones for NES (Temple of Doom) had a large section dedicated to shitty mine levels. I believe one of those angry video game nerd types does a "review" of it.

In any event, it was awful and frustrating... the way mine cart levels usually are, but in rare form.

0.jpg

Chairhome said:
temple-int_1211247127.jpg

The original... ?

What I came to post. Seeing The Temple of Doom videogame in the arcade for the first time was such an adrenaline rush. Wow those graphics looked good. I hadn't been that stoked since I'd played Star Wars at Chuck E Cheese after ROTJ came out. :lol

From what I remember, Half Life had a cool mine cart level.

Haunted

There's nary an Indy game without a minecart level, actually. :lol

Just for completion, the SNES trilogy and Infernal Machine haven't been posted yet.

indy2.jpg

ij_machine.jpg

Temple of Doom (the movie) is pretty much the template for the Action/Adventure genre of gaming. You practically spoil yourself watching that movie and playing RE4 immediately afterwards. Eh, do it anyway. There are a lot worse ways to waste an afternoon.

image-6D93_4BBFC242.jpg

Not necessarily a dedicated mine cart level, but it is the first game I can think of with mine carts...the first Bagman arcade game from '82, I think. Hard as hell, though you gotta love the money bag attacks on the inclines.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
LoneWolf296 said:
Half Life - On a Rail not officially a mine cart level, but there were some intense scenes on rails in HL1

this one, and the one from RE4 are pretty much the only ones i ever have the desire to experience again. every other time it's, "oh, wonderful, a mine cart level."

nico

Banned
The mine cart levels are the worst in dkc what the hell is wrong with you people?
And sonic 4 still looks terrible.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
the one from RESIDENT EVIL 4 is bad ass specifically because it's all about blasting motherfuckers and not about making the stupid cart jump over shit. the game's mechanics were so boss that not even the mighty shittiness of a mine cart level could make it anything less than excellent.

Chairhome

Aokage said:
Magical Truck Adventure is one long mine cart level.

magical_truck_us.jpg
I actually had the opportunity to purchase this at an arcade auction... it was only going for about $200 cause no one wanted to take that giant thing home, haha... I probably would've bought it if I had a way to transport it.

Top Bottom