• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games with Mine cart levels

Mesijs said:
I love this game! It's a fantastic 2D action-adventure.

I think when I replayed it I could play with my lives until the mine cart level, then died. :(

Also, LBP.
You missed the big twist ending then!

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Guerrilla War

I AM JOHN! said:
nz21ac.gif

9t27o3.gif

Sonic the Hedgehog 4™: Coming soon to a Digital Download service near you!
Holy shit! I can't believe how bad this looks. OMG! :lol :lol :lol

BadSanta

MightyHedgehog said:
image-6D93_4BBFC242.jpg

Not necessarily a dedicated mine cart level, but it is the first game I can think of with mine carts...the first Bagman arcade game from '82, I think. Hard as hell, though you gotta love the money bag attacks on the inclines.

Really hard one but really fun as well.

DrXym

Lego Indiana Jones. Bought it for my kid and he must have played that mine level about 10 times now. The save system in that game is really confusing.

remz

beelzebozo said:
the one from RESIDENT EVIL 4 is bad ass specifically because it's all about blasting motherfuckers and not about making the stupid cart jump over shit. the game's mechanics were so boss that not even the mighty shittiness of a mine cart level could make it anything less than excellent.
shit yes! such an awesome moment I don't even think of it as a shitty minecart level, just an awesome section in an awesome game

random minecart section: Grandia!

zallaaa

SovanJedi said:
It wasn't exactly a minecart I don't think, but there were minerail-riding bits in Young Merlin.

The second of which was uncalled for and horrible. I hated it.

In fact, I didn't like a lot of that game. The funniest bits happened in the first 10 minutes then the game got boring.

Fuck you Young Merlin. :mad:

You're wrong, it was plainly awesome. Plus, the music was serious business.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
chuckddd said:
Cart will not push self!

10hnm1f.jpg

Payload is the only way to play Team Fortress 2 as far as I'm concerned.

BiggNife

EatChildren said:
Payload is the only way to play Team Fortress 2 as far as I'm concerned.
Payload is great. Payload Race, though? Euuugh.

But yeah, DKC1 and 2 are definitely the best in my eyes. I prefer 2 because of the awesome funk music in those levels.

LQX said:
Shadow Comlex
500px-SC_screen14.jpg

You're in that mine cart for all of 2 seconds. Hardly comprises enough time to consider it a 'mine cart level'.

Also, the DKC mine cart level was more annoying that most of you clearly remember it to be.

Top Bottom