• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you remember, names you don't

A couple of PS1 games I would like the names of:

-This one 2D (I think RPG?) game involved you breeding certain animals. They kind of reminded me of Gremlins at the time.

-A PS1 racer where you were attached to this purple line. It was futuristic like WipEout, but you played as specific characters, too. I remember one character's description being that he was over 100 years old.

-A PS1 racer where you were attached to this purple line. It was futuristic like WipEout, but you played as specific characters, too. I remember one character's description being that he was over 100 years old.

My guess is Cyberspeed. Matches up pretty well with what you're saying, especially the character with an age over 100 and purple line.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
A couple of PS1 games I would like the names of:

-This one 2D (I think RPG?) game involved you breeding certain animals. They kind of reminded me of Gremlins at the time.

I thought the first one was going to look like something nice like Azure Dreams.

The fuck is that.

Pantz

Sounds like Vigilance, although it's a third person shooter.

Ah yeah! Thanks! It was a pretty fun game. As a teenager, I bought it based on the artwork. I'd still buy it based on the artwork today.

TFpJR50.jpg

DrkSage

This reminds me a lot of Micro Machines V3, but i don't remember the underwater part.

EDIT: Looking at some vids, i'm not so sure now, but it could be one of the other MM games

Searched around as micro machines and Found it around the images. It's called circuit breakers
36681-Circuit_Breakers_[U]-1.jpg

Not sure if this counts because I already found out but as a kid, maybe 18 years ago, I played a portable version of Rampage (monsters smashing up cities) on one of my brother's devices. Until a few days ago I thought it was a dream and it simply didn't exist and then I stumbled upon the Atari Lynx...

Wondering if anyone could comment on the quality of the game/system? Would it be worth getting one for nostalgia? I was too young to remember details

Not sure if this counts because I already found out but as a kid, maybe 18 years ago, I played a portable version of Rampage (monsters smashing up cities) on one of my brother's devices. Until a few days ago I thought it was a dream and it simply didn't exist and then I stumbled upon the Atari Lynx...

Wondering if anyone could comment on the quality of the game/system? Would it be worth getting one for nostalgia? I was too young to remember details

I only played it once, but I remember there was serious lag and ghosting to the point where it wasn't any fun. I remember thinking that the old x86 version was much better.

That having been said, I'm going back a few years so I could be wrong.

Edit: Holy shit. 27 years. I'm old.

Aceofspades

Banned
PS1 game:

3rd person camera, protagonist is fighting giant bugs and insects. He uses different types of guns (this part is vague in my mind)

I remember the game to be Japanese, made by Konami.

The game was action oriented with good sountrack.

I just couldn't remember it at all, thanks in advance for any help.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
PS1 game:

3rd person camera, protagonist is fighting giant bugs and insects. He uses different types of guns (this part is vague in my mind)

Broken Helix perhaps?

I bet no one will get this one. Obscure PS1 game. Very Japanese. All I remember is playing as a dude in an office building and trying to run (?) from something (?). I think it was a rhythm game or at least this first level had a rhythm component to it. That's all I remember.

PS1 game:

I can picture a spread for this game in OPM (or maybe a similar game). I can also remember that it got a really low review score.

A rare early 90s Chase hq style game that isn't SCI or Lucky & Wild, not sure if behind car or in car view. Despite sprite based graphics I'm sure I remember it had a deluxe 3-screen sit down cabinet, which is all I saw of it.
I've found the name in the past but forgotten it again 😫
The
Edit: aha!
https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9371
Round Up 5 Super Delta Force!
Ok it was late 80’s not 90's.

Apologies to eso76 as you'd have probably got it, noticed you posted screens in another thread.

A rare early 90s Chase hq style game that isn't SCI or Lucky & Wild, not sure if behind car or in car view. Despite sprite based graphics I'm sure I remember it had a deluxe 3-screen sit down cabinet, which is all I saw of it.
I've found the name in the past but forgotten it again 😫

There's a third game in the Chase H.Q. series called Super Chase: Criminal Termination, not sure about the 3-screen cabinet though.

There's a third game in the Chase H.Q. series called Super Chase: Criminal Termination, not sure about the 3-screen cabinet though.

Thanks I'd forgotten about that one, I feel like it wasn't that but my memory is all over the place, and I could be totally wrong about the 3 screens.

Edit: found it! See above.
11812421571246js0w.jpg

Meant to be super rare but I don't remember where I even saw it, probably on holiday somewhere.

Aceofspades

Banned
Broken Helix perhaps?

No..I remember most game levels were outdoors during the day. I wish I could remember more of it really.

I just looked it up in 2 hours YT video that show every US PS1 game with no luck.

It might have been an EU/JP release only? Im not really sure :/

Its a Konami game, its infuriating that I just couldn't remember much about it.

mclem

No..I remember most game levels were outdoors during the day. I wish I could remember more of it really.

As an outside chance (because it's on the assumption that you've got the PS1-ness and the Konami-ness wrong), could it be Body Harvest on the N64?

cZ38esK.png

That's at least insecty, during the day (although raining there) and I think there's a jetpack.

Wood Man

A Lemming spin off for the PS1. It's a 2D platformer similar to Rayman where you play as some Lemming hero character. I remember it being very colorful and crisp.

Aceofspades

Banned
As an outside chance (because it's on the assumption that you've got the PS1-ness and the Konami-ness wrong), could it be Body Harvest on the N64?

cZ38esK.png

That's at least insecty, during the day (although raining there) and I think there's a jetpack.

Never owned N64 :)

Thanks man for the effort but no, the game Im thinking of had the camera positioned closer to the main character (everything is really vague in my mind) it was maybe 18 or 19 years ago, never completed the game but I remember fighting large spider, large housefly ... Not sure if the game had boss fights but I remember that it had a soundtrack that plays in the background at all times. Im sure its Japanese game made by Konami..because at the time I always regarded Konami logo very highly thanks to MGS.

Uhhh .. I wish I could remember more details!

Never owned N64 :)

Thanks man for the effort but no, the game Im thinking of had the camera positioned closer to the main character (everything is really vague in my mind) it was maybe 18 or 19 years ago, never completed the game but I remember fighting large spider, large housefly ... Not sure if the game had boss fights but I remember that it had a soundtrack that plays in the background at all times. Im sure its Japanese game made by Konami..because at the time I always regarded Konami logo very highly thanks to MGS.

Uhhh .. I wish I could remember more details!

*Checks list of Konami ps1 games*
Hmm.. Gungage, big spider thing first level.

ASIS

Oh boy I have one that I vaguely remember.

It's a 6th gen game. it's a 3D fighter but the arena is a cube and the fighters are in it. I think they had wings as well but I'm not certain.

Yeah, that's all I got :/

Jucksalbe

Banned
Oh boy I have one that I vaguely remember.

It's a 6th gen game. it's a 3D fighter but the arena is a cube and the fighters are in it. I think they had wings as well but I'm not certain.

Yeah, that's all I got :/

Sounds like Psychic Force, though that was 5th gen, maybe some sequel or port.

Ndayday

Neo Member
I had a 1000-in-1 or similar cartridge, which I only learned the existence of a few years ago and had that "aha!, that's what it was!" moment. It may not have even been an NES that I played it on but can't remember the controller/console because I was pretty young. The only thing pointing me towards that is that it had Super Mario Bros. on it, different "games" would even start you off on later worlds.

In any case it was definitely on one of those sorts of compilations because I could never remember what the name or number was associated with it on the selection screen. I believe it was a tank game but it could have been a different vehicle. It may have had powerups but can't remember. It was top-down. The thing that makes it stand out in my head was it was very fun. The scene I remember was I shooting at something from the lower right of the screen. The pallet was more realistic colors. Also, it wasn't 8-bit I don't think.

did I just dream this up?

As far as I can tell it wasn't Battle Tank, Battle City, or Iron Tank.

I had a 1000-in-1 or similar cartridge, which I only learned the existence of a few years ago and had that "aha!, that's what it was!" moment. It may not have even been an NES that I played it on but can't remember the controller/console because I was pretty young. The only thing pointing me towards that is that it had Super Mario Bros. on it, different "games" would even start you off on later worlds.

In any case it was definitely on one of those sorts of compilations because I could never remember what the name or number was associated with it on the selection screen. I believe it was a tank game but it could have been a different vehicle. It may have had powerups but can't remember. It was top-down. The thing that makes it stand out in my head was it was very fun. The scene I remember was I shooting at something from the lower right of the screen. The pallet was more realistic colors. Also, it wasn't 8-bit I don't think.

did I just dream this up?

As far as I can tell it wasn't Battle Tank, Battle City, or Iron Tank.

The console sounds like a Famiclone (NES clone) so it's probably an NES game. Maybe Jackal, Vindicators or Thundercade?

EDIT:
Also maybe Field Combat?

mrlion

I was thinking about this game the other day it was a pretty fun game created for the Mac only although I think it also had a Windows version.

Its a 3D platformer where you control a bat that has no wings so it can't fly and you can bounce from platforms and such collecting cookies. It had a ton of levels too and different difficulties. It was only one developer that made it, he did other games too and I believe he started by making Bible games then I guess he switched to more 3D platformers.

I can't for the life of me find these games they were really fun too.

I was thinking about this game the other day it was a pretty fun game created for the Mac only although I think it also had a Windows version.

Its a 3D platformer where you control a bat that has no wings so it can't fly and you can bounce from platforms and such collecting cookies. It had a ton of levels too and different difficulties. It was only one developer that made it, he did other games too and I believe he started by making Bible games then I guess he switched to more 3D platformers.

I can't for the life of me find these games they were really fun too.

Could it be Macbat 64?

J-Roderton

There's a game on PC that has you hunting down dinosaurs and having to shoot them. If I remember correctly, you had to shoot the t-rex directly in the eye to get the kill. Anyone have any clue what the name of this game is? I'd like to track it down. I think I played it a lot back in 2000-2002 maybe. Not sure if it was first person or not.

Having a tough time finding any leads. ha

mclem

There's a game on PC that has you hunting down dinosaurs and having to shoot them. If I remember correctly, you had to shoot the t-rex directly in the eye to get the kill. Anyone have any clue what the name of this game is? I'd like to track it down. I think I played it a lot back in 2000-2002 maybe. Not sure if it was first person or not.

Having a tough time finding any leads. ha

Could it be Carnivores?

I think there's another dinosaur-themed hunting sim out there as well, can't quite recall the title of that one.

Edit: It looks like I got it, but just for the sake of completeness, the other dinosaur hunting sim I had in mind was Primal Prey

Top Bottom