• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom 2016 GAF Meet-up Thread (details inside)

Gamescom 2016 GAF Meet-up Thread

*Note this OP is not as flashy maybe but that is on deliberately to make sure mobile users who come from other countries can open the thread on mobile with out much data.*

PLEASE DON'T POST GIFS IN THIS THREAD BECAUSE OF BANDWIDTH LIMITATIONS

What: Gamescom 2016 GAF Meet-up
When: Wednesday August 17th 2016
Where: Klimperkasten Papa Joe's Biersalon
Address: Alter Markt 50-52, 50667 Köln, Duitsland
Start Time: +- 20:30

We also have a whatsapp group for GC in general and for this evening you want in on this just PM me here and I'll add you.

Q&A

Can anyone come?
YES off course if you are attending or just living in Cologne please come by and have a great time with us.
You can bring (nice :p) friends and or spouse no problem its encouraged.
You don't need to be an industry insider or anything.
You don't have to drink and or be 18/21 no problem.

Why there?
Great for everyone to get to via the trains or walking when your already inside the city.
And now that we have been doing it for a few years lot of people know where to find it.

Its a bar in a great location on one of the main squares of Köln.
Its excellent for groups small or large and we can all sit outside (like most years) they have giant outside tables and great staff.
Fine beers and open to late.
Also Right next to the Irish pub witch everyone knows.

How will I recognize the group you?
We will probably be the biggest group outside of that bar but just shout GAF if you really can't find us but we'll shout back.

Free beer/open bar?
!!!! I WISH :(:(:( !!!!!
Sadly I'm just a one man no backing from any organization so I just don't have the money to make this happen.
Last year a few gaffers picked-up the tap and payed together (with was amazing btw), just keep up with what you order and make sure you can pay for what you order.
Thank you for understanding.
Please everyone remember this because last year a few beers where not paid for when we left and that is just a pain do deal with.

We have been there many times before it has always been great.
And last year the gaffers that made it out had a fantastic time and we made great friends!

bar4uni3p.jpg

bar2aixp0.jpg

bar3tgzct.gif

Google Maps location
Official website for the bar

Easy link to pass around:
http://goo.gl/XyHgiV

Need any help have suggestions etc, just pm me here or hit me up on twitter.
https://twitter.com/TheDutchSlayer

[edit] WOW thanks mods awesome really appreciate the sticky :D <3 for the GAF EU awesome.

Dascu

Cool, I'll be coming straight from the Belgian beer café a few hours earlier.

Happy to meet up with you guys at the conference/business area as well!

lazyguy

Okay so last year was a nightmare for me. (had problems withdrawing money among other things) This year I'll try to come if i don't have to work for to long.

Okay so last year was a nightmare for me. (had problems withdrawing money among other things) This year I'll try to come if i don't have to work for to long.
Good to hear if you need any help please just ask and if you want to be part of the general whatsapp group for GC2016 just pm me your details and I'll add you.

I don't think I'll be able to come as I'll be picking up my brother at the airport :(

Any of you living in Cologne already? Just wondering, it'd be nice to meet up even if out of Gamescom.

Will try to be there, but not for too long as I will have to reach my place to sleep in Dortmund early enough to be back on Thursday morning.

I don't think I'll be able to come as I'll be picking up my brother at the airport :(
Any of you living in Cologne already? Just wondering, it'd be nice to meet up even if out of Gamescom.
That is a shame but understandable.
A few are there are plenty of meet-up thread from all around just make a thread sometime in the OT section you'll be surpirced :)

Will try to be there, but not for too long as I will have to reach my place to sleep in Dortmund early enough to be back on Thursday morning.
Sure understandable, we all need to get up early next day.

Scumcore

I might drop by if I can find the time/strength... Last year Wednesday was just so exhausting (my poor aching feet).

After some drinks at a party I ended up at a hot pot joint and got lured into several pubs afterwards.

Is gamescon also open on Saturday and Sunday? I see tickets might be sold out, is it possible to get them second hand or are they personal? I always miss this :(

Is gamescon also open on Saturday and Sunday? I see tickets might be sold out, is it possible to get them second hand or are they personal? I always miss this :(

It is, but you wanna avoid Saturday and Sunday by all chances from what I heard. Public tickets are not personal.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Ah, crap, too many people I guess, right? :/

This is from 2014, and is a comparison I took between Wednesday (press day) and Thursday, the first publicly accessible day.

This is outside the main expo halls (hall 6 and 9 in this case).

dKBLoeA.jpg

M4hBwbq.jpg

Expect worse on the Friday-Weekend days + add two years worth of population expansion.

All.public days are the same, as there is the same capacity.

And it's not too bad (you need to have some mates around for the waiting though). I've been there on all public days for four years straight now.

HA! that second picture is not even that crowded last year on Friday was like zombie outbreak and I don't even want to know what Saturday last year was like.

For those of you who are interested in some arty games stuff, the Platine Festival is really great. It's taking place from 15. to 18. August in Cologne. And it's a great opportunity for visitors to see some different corners of cologne not just the ugly "Messegelände"

Platine Festival

The PLATINE Festival offers an inspiring platform to artists and developer from all over Europe, who range between the poles of electronic art and alternative play forms. The festival creates rooms, in which you can discover new things – sometimes irritating, playful, technical, haptic, intelligent, trendsetting, analogue and digital. The PLATINE 2016 takes place in different bars, clubs and cultural sites for the sixth times. Entrance is free.

deoee

I have another request - as every year you get league of Legends skins from Riot for your entrance ticket id. As I can't go myself I would love to get those skins and I would be super happy if one of you guys could send me a picture of your ticket or the Id itself after GamesCom....
Would love to hear from you via pm and a big big thank you in advance :)

GlamFM

Banned
I have another request - as every year you get league of Legends skins from Riot for your entrance ticket id. As I can't go myself I would love to get those skins and I would be super happy if one of you guys could send me a picture of your ticket or the Id itself after GamesCom....

Will try.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

I'll check with friends what the deal is this year.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

So, Riot is not giving out skins this year.

Auctopus

Quick question: this is my first time at gamescom and I'm only there for the media day. I'm not actually media though as I was offered a wildcard. Will there still be stuff for me to do? I'm starting to worry with all these line up announcements I might have a dull day.

Quick question: this is my first time at gamescom and I'm only there for the media day. I'm not actually media though as I was offered a wildcard. Will there still be stuff for me to do? I'm starting to worry with all these line up announcements I might have a dull day.
Yes, all boths are completely setup and done, all running games.
But you will run into some boths where there is extra line for press with an appointment so they go first.
And lots of media do not have appointments so they will be in line just like you.
Lines are shorter then other days but still lining up for most stuff very very long time.

Top Bottom