• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot reviews Red Steel

Beezy

I don't think anyone expected this game to get over a 7 on GS after seeing the score that Zelda got.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I didnt think that the game would get a very good score, but i didnt expect it to be so low.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
2df5657786365fafeaeb8e1d8dd13f20.gif

Do you think we should take them seriously anymore?

Deepblue

Banned
Ark-AMN said:
Review by Greg Kasavin.

Yet another GS tool. I'll wait to hear what 1up and IGN have to say.

Kasavin is a damn good reviewer, especially when it comes to FPS'.

Except PDZ...

That was a fluke.

Armitage

Wow. Is it becoming clear now that GS simply does not understand what the Wii is? They want it to be something it's not. Maybe if those numbers go low enough a 9Ghz beast will pop out!!11!

Krowley

yikes!!! that's way lower than i expected. Kasavin is usually a pretty decent reviewer though so i'll give it a read. I've agreed with him quite a few times over the years.

Lobster

Banned
Gamespot should have a new motto..

"We gotta be badass because we have a forum called "System Wars""

WTH..6 for graphics..Its like the best looking Wii launch title.

mj1108

After seeing their live Wii coverage and them trying to play stuff, it's impossible to take any of their reviews seriously.

Or does Gamespot just want hits?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I respect Kasavin's reviews and you'd have to be blind not to have seen this one comin. Game has looked garbage day since it first was shown.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Armitage said:
Wow. Is it becoming clear now that GS simply does not understand what the Wii is? They want it to be something it's not. Maybe if those numbers go low enough a 9Ghz beast will pop out!!11!

Is this how the NDF will damage control bad reviews now?

Gamespot: "The game is rushed and buggy and the sword fighting just doesn't work."

NDF: "OMG!!! GRAPHIX WHORES!!!! DON'T UNDERSTAND THE WII PHILOSOPHY!!!!"

Armitage

Burai said:

Gamespot: "The game is rushed and buggy and the sword fighting just doesn't work."

SPECIFICALLY, the low graphics score, when it's generally regarded as a good-looking game. Read the review.

rkenshin

So if you want a launch Wii FPS.. Get CoD3 instead?

I was going to get this game, now I'm really not sure but want a FPS when I buy my Wii on Sunday

Graphics ; 6

f you're hoping that Red Steel's presentation quality helps make up for its middling gameplay, you should stop. Red Steel might have looked pretty good for the time, had it been released a few years ago. But between all the bland, blurry textures, the sluggish frame rate, and the plain-looking weapons and characters, it's decidedly below par by today's standards. There are a few decent touches here and there, such as some preposterously overdone explosion effects (you've never seen a forklift blow up like this).

You should stop? Thats not a professional review....

And newsflash guys.....the wii is essentially 5 year old technology/ Deal with it.

Burai said:

It's funny, that's almost how they described Zelda...

Heck, that's just zany-crazy-nuts that Red Steel could get so lowballed. How could anybody downgrade a great looking game like this?

932528_111706_screen003.jpg

Ummmm.

buy Metal Slug Anthology

Krowley

after reading the review, he cuts the game a new one and he backs up the score with the text. If his complaints aren't totally fictional, then this game is pure crap.

Unless somebody else i trust disagrees with him in a big way, i'm gonna trust him and forget about this game.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
sp0rsk said:
I respect Kasavin's reviews and you'd have to be blind not to have seen this one comin. Game has looked garbage day since it first was shown.

This is how I feel. I have a feeling IGN will closely mirror this review as well (maybe a bit more lenient on the graphics).

Top Bottom