• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop Black Friday ad

Soup Bar

PS+ for 30 is pretty good, but there isn't really anything on there that would make me go to Gamestop at 3 am. I bought Forza Horizon during last years black friday for $15 at Walmart.

My fiancee accidentally broke the 3D slider on my blue XL the day before the ALBW XL was revealed...so now I can justify buying it! Woohoo!

L~A

Xenoblade and metroid drops are too good to pass up. I'm guessing their retro classics initiative didnt work like they expected.

Yup, it sure came back to bite them in the *ss. 90$ for a used game really is insane, and good thing nobody paid that much.

$30 PS+ year sub, $20 Deadpool, $30 LEGO Marvel Super Heroes. If no one else is offering these deals, then I'm going to Gamestop on Black Friday.

Oh! Don't you worry about stacking years of membership.

BER9veP.jpg

Oh damn. If that's the case...maybe 4 cards.

isual

cancelling BF4 for that price then, and probably picking up 2 1 year ps plus subs, and a ps4 too. xillia maybe even

I prefer the standard console over those damn bundles.

Something of note;

Game price wise, if the last 5 or so years of Black Friday tradition continues, Gamestop's prices are probably 5$ higher than what everyone else will charge.

Not for everything though. But I expect 35 on the EA Sports games and 25 for Battlefield 4 elsewhere. Maybe 20 on Blacklist.

Oh, and the bundles they show here are the Black Friday bundles for everyone. So that nice PS3 bundle for 200, the purple PS3, and the 3DS bundles are going to be all over the place.

Yep, PS+ sub is a must have.

I knew I should have sold my Metroid Prime Trilogy for $100 on eBay before this happened. Dammit.

Otherwise, Amazon and Best Buy I found to have the better game deals on Black Friday.

mattp

hows the ps+ stuff work?
is gamestop just gonna have a limited number of physical cards with codes? or do they just generate and sell codes in the store?

cuz im not gonna rush out at 5am and wait in a line for one of those cards, but if i can stroll into the store any time of the day and be guaranteed a ps+ code, i'd do that

The hot tub is finally warm enough to jump in on a Wii U but there's not even an attempt at a deal.

Amazon set the bar way too high way that assassin's creed vita deal last year.

So glad I waited to buy Xillia, will be picking that up on BF as well as another PS+ card and probably Metroid Prime Trilogy. TWD on Vita is also kind of tempting.

I'd buy the Zelda 3DSXL bundle if I was in the market for another one, but I'm good with Pikachu.

Would be great if because the ad is for so far in the future, they looked into their crystal ball and decided which titles needed a bomba price cut around that time.

squall211

...Fuck...

And I'm anti-hyped for ALBW, too, so this really hurts me.

I am absolutely caving in and finally get a 3DS this holiday. There are too many games for it that I want for me to put off a purchase any longer. That Zelda 3DS looks absolutely amazin, but like you, I have no interest in the Zelda game. If I could get the 3DS separately, I'd be in heaven.

So I called gamestop, asking about the zelda 3ds, and he said if its in their black Friday ad, you pobably can't preorder. He also mentioned, when its gone, its gone FOREVER.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
PS+ cards on deck.

2 at the minimum. No need to get much more than that, I'm sure there will be another black friday deal like this again in the next 2 years.

Owzers

So I called gamestop, asking about the zelda 3ds, and he said if its in their black Friday ad, you pobably can't preorder. He also mentioned, when its gone, its gone FOREVER.

that seems iffy though, if the ad didn't say it was gamestop exclusive or black friday exclusive, i'm guessing it will be at other retailers and isn't up for pre-order because nintendo didn't announce it yet and it's just in a leaked ad.

Originally thought I would just go for Ragman Wii U but then saw the Xenoblade and Metro is Prime Trilogy prices. Arggg decisions. Regardless, this holiday season will be great!

georly

Why can't you preorder? Are we unable to for this hardware, or is it against your principles?

Black friday sales are typically not preorderable AT ALL. If they take preorders, they'll have none left for black friday, so putting it in the flyer would be a bad idea as it would upset customers coming to the store at 4 AM looking for one only to be told they should have preordered it. It's the way it worked every year for all the limited black friday bundles. I had to camp out for my normal zelda 3ds, as well as my DS. I also worked at gamestop for a while and that was the policy. First come, first served ON black friday.

graywolf323

some really good deals to be had

I wonder if the ad will change before Black Friday though because right now both Watch Dogs and DriveClub are pictured

Well shit. Looks like I'll be dropping a crapload of money at GameStop this year.

Wants:

Xillia, NNK, PSN+, FFXIV: ARR (PS3)

Will probably buy Beyond and LoU for my friend's Christmas present this year.

Top Bottom