• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop Black Friday ad

georly

that seems iffy though, if the ad didn't say it was gamestop exclusive or black friday exclusive, i'm guessing it will be at other retailers and isn't up for pre-order because nintendo didn't announce it yet and it's just in a leaked ad.

It's how gamestop/every US retailer handles black friday deals. They are NEVER preorderable because the point of it is to get you to come in and camp out on black friday. If all the good stuff is preordered, no one would show up because it would be held for them, and the people who DO show up will be very upset that even though they camped out all night there are none left for them.

IF YOU WANT THE ZELDA 3DS XL BE PREPARED TO CAMP OUT IN LINE

that seems iffy though, if the ad didn't say it was gamestop exclusive or black friday exclusive, i'm guessing it will be at other retailers and isn't up for pre-order because nintendo didn't announce it yet and it's just in a leaked ad.

Yeah, I'm counting on it being available at other retailers. I'll probably order from amazon or newegg. They don't have a physical store, so I don't see why they wouldn't take preorders.

Yawnier

Banned
I hope Tales of Xillia is that price on Black Friday here in Canada this year, cause that is damn nice.

Also nice price for DW8, which is the best DW game of the generation too.

Jagsrock

Banned
Pretty lame overall but things thay stood out :
Xenoblade and metroid prime trilogy for 39.99

Arkham 1 and 2 for 24.99 isnt bad if you havent played both.

Buy 2 get 1 For preowned isnt bad but not unusual.

None of these really scream "major black friday deals must go stand out side for them!"

TriGen

I want those that 12 months of PS+ and those 3 months of XBL. I usually avoid Black Friday, but I'll check it out. Hopefully a lot of people are trying to buy games and not sub cards.

Wait, the Wii U Skylanders bundle includes an 8 GB Wii U system? So that's what Nintendo is doing with all the old Basic packs. I bet it doesn't even come with the charging cradle and extra stands and all that, though I cannot tell from the picture.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
$40 Xenoblade
$30 PS+
$20 Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD
$20 Payday 2

And this is only the first Black Friday ad. Damn, I'm going to be spending a lot of money this November...

DoubleTap

Wait, the Wii U Skylanders bundle includes an 8 GB Wii U system? So that's what Nintendo is doing with all the old Basic packs. I bet it doesn't even come with the charging cradle and extra stands and all that, though I cannot tell from the picture.

Who cares, it comes with a backpack!
:p

Carl

xYq1Oqk.jpg

Add +2 Years

11/2020 Bitches!

You're basically all set until 9th gen :/

Owzers

It's how gamestop/every US retailer handles black friday deals. They are NEVER preorderable because the point of it is to get you to come in and camp out on black friday. If all the good stuff is preordered, no one would show up because it would be held for them, and the people who DO show up will be very upset that even though they camped out all night there are none left for them.

IF YOU WANT THE ZELDA 3DS XL BE PREPARED TO CAMP OUT IN LINE

I had to look it up, but i ordered the og zelda 3ds bundle from best buy online and it shipped on 11/27 to me. From that ad alone it didn't seem like the bundle was a black friday special, but just something that is coming out around black friday, but that's not for certain and i might try to get to a store semi-early to get one if i can't order it at best buy again.

Late but;
BOMBAS;
Xenoblade $40
Metroid Prime Trilogy $40
Playstation Plus $30

Otherwise these all match or are actually worse than most deals we've seen before by my estimate. I was kind of hoping for a really great PS Vita bundle, but besides PS+ I probably won't get anything else from this. I'm borrowing Xenoblade from a friend, and I already bought MPT when it came out. ;)

Actually, I might be too lazy to buy PS+ if it's in store, does anyone think it can be picked up online?
What are the chances of Amazon matching or exceeding these price cuts?

That 3DS XL Zelda bundle will be mine...in addition to the physical copy of ALBW.

I remember buying the DS Lite version way back when, so I'm assuming this bundle should be at other retailers as well.

My PS3 broke in June so I haven't got chance to play TLOU. And I'm hyped as hell for Arkham Origins.

Was going to buy the GTA V PS3 Bundle but with this offer, I will wait to see if I can pick one at my local gamestop.

Do you guys think It'll be difficult to do so considering I don't live in a big city? Maybe I'll be able to pick it up on saturday or should I go on friday?

I wonder how rare that 3DS zelda bundle will really be....

My best guess is Nintendo will ship less of the zelda 3ds then the pokemon x y 3ds. It's been about 20 days since the x y 3ds went on sale and I've been checking major retailers and a lot of their stores are sold out.

Also, take into consideration that's its black Friday, they'll go fast.

Edit: also have to factor in that the x y 3ds didn't come with an game and the zelda one does.

Meh, not a single next-gen deal. Oh well will still get the PS+ sub. Can I buy PS+ cards for less than a year? I want to purchase a month long one at launch and then just transfer over to a yearly sub with that deal, is that possible?

georly

Yeah, I'm counting on it being available at other retailers. I'll probably order from amazon or newegg. They don't have a physical store, so I don't see why they wouldn't take preorders.

If it's like every black friday ever, it'll be at target, wal-mart, gamestop, probably amazon (but only purchasable at like midnight in limited numbers), best buy, etc, but it wont be up for preorder. You have to show up at the store and it's first come first served.

Carl

Meh, not a single next-gen deal. Oh well will still get the PS+ sub. Can I buy PS+ cards for less than a year? I want to purchase a month long one at launch and then just transfer over to a yearly sub with that deal, is that possible?

You can buy 1 month on PSN (in EU anyway) but no need - PS4 comes with 14 days of PS+ out of the box. Should carry you over til Black Friday

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, not a single thing sounds appealing to me aside from the PS+ sub. I wish there were some good 3DS and Wii U sales.

Kingdom Hearts and Metroid Trilogy are what I'm looking forward to.

Love that Zelda 3DS, but I already have an XL.

EDIT: How long do PS+ cards last for? Can I hang on to it for 6 months and use it when my current subscription expires, or can I just add it right on to my current subscription right away?

bumpkin

Welp, I guess the Zelda 3DS XL has been outed/confirmed as coming to the states. Dammit. I'm already going to be broke as fuck by Black Friday courtesy of the PS4 and XB1 launches.

If it's like every black friday ever, it'll be at target, wal-mart, gamestop, probably amazon (but only purchasable at like midnight in limited numbers), best buy, etc, but it wont be up for preorder. You have to show up at the store and it's first come first served.

Ah, I see. Wellll I guess ill have the cursor ready to click buy.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Blue 3DS + Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is at the same price of a regular 3DS. That sounds good. Much better bundle than last year (there was just another Super Mario 3D Land bundle, remember?). Even better the Zelda 3DS XL.
Skylanders Wii U bundle is clever, it's undeniable. And finally, I'd say :D
Great deals for some PS3/360 games, too. Fantastic PS3 bundle deal (165 saved!)

The ad leaked more than one month before BF, wow XD

glad i waited on killzone mercenary :D $20 is what i wanted to pay and its gonna be $20 at gamestop and probably amazon

Battlefield 4 for $30 is a solid pick up too, plus i think you can do that trade up for an extra $10 with this, hmmmmmm might be an amazing deal

I'm part of the problem, im gonna pick up that "vintage" metroid prime trilogy haha

wish scribblenauts DC was discounted, also tempted by kingdom hearts 1 HD

but this is such an early leak for a black friday ad0_o

Top Bottom