• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop Conference: God of War 1 & 2 Collection on Blu Ray this Fall w/ Trophies $40

Massa said:
And it's a Sony game, so they can do pretty much whatever they want. See Wipeout HD for further explanation.

I dont see your point. Since when did Wipeout get a 2nd platinum?

Sony or not means zilch.

highluxury said:
take a look a Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena for further explanation.

Elaborate.

EDIT: Nevermind, I wikipedia'd it.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, I still think it'll be 2 platinums.

Massa

highluxury said:
I dont see your point. Since when did Wipeout get a 2nd platinum?

Sony or not means zilch.

Wipeout is a PSN-exclusive with one platinum when PSN games normally don't have a single one.

AranhaHunter said:
Elaborate.

EDIT: Nevermind, I wikipedia'd it.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, I still think it'll be 2 platinums.

I believe all developers that implement trophies, all follow the same guide lines. Just cause its Sony doesnt mean they will bend the rules. It wouldnt make sense or be fair to those games made by 3rd parties.

Tom Penny

I wonder if they used the PS2 code and used the PS3 engine to remake the game. It seems more logical then emulating 2 games. On the flip side that would kill any speculation of an emulator that would enhance remakes of other PS2 titles. I don't see how they could use all the old assets.

DCX

DCX
I loved the first, missed the second and played the hell out of Chains...i welcome this and the price is soooo right! GOW3 demo and it can have my babbies!

DCX

carlosp

Banned
for Sony it is à Test Case ofcourse. if we buy +1mio. copies we will See more stuff like this. i will Support it. what we could get:

-Team ico Games bundle
- Sly Games
- Jack
- ratchet (for the ones who Enter now)

we already got gt hd As well. if you want more, buy this.

theJwac

If they would release Shadows of the Colossus for the PS3, with or without graphical refinements, and with the announcement of this, I would definitely get a PS3.

Zeliard

theJwac said:
If they would release Shadows of the Colossus for the PS3, with or without graphical refinements, and with the announcement of this, I would definitely get a PS3.

You heard him, Sony. Ball's in your court.

Raistlin

Massa said:
Wipeout is a PSN-exclusive with one platinum when PSN games normally don't have a single one.

Sony originally stated PSN games can have a Platinum trophy. It based on the length/complexity of the game.

In other words, something like Tetris is not going to have a Platinum, a large-scale game however can.

I will not purchase this for $40.

However, the inclusion of trophies has made this a must buy for me. The games are fun enough to play again, certainly, and this is more than enough incentive...eventually. I'm in no rush.

You know, I'd repurchase a lot of older games if they included trophies, most notably the Ratchet games. I love them so dearly.

SolidSnakex said:
It appears that people think that Sony dumped BC so that they could re-release OS2 games on BR and charge gamers for them.

I don't think it makes sense to read Garrett's statement as implying that goofy theory rather than just reading it as "this announcement semi-confirms that Sony is not working on a firmware-based BC solution," which I think is a pretty fair conclusion to draw.

gogogow said:
Because it's not a remake.

Er, right? I don't see much call for great excitement because this is the exact same game rendered at a higher res. It's cool but not mindblowing; the NPC Wii stuff are pretty minor announcements too. All the "OMG BEST ANNOUNCEMENT EVER INAPPROPRIATE SEXUAL METAPHOR" stuff seems kinda... weird to me.

(This reminds me that I have an unopened GoW2 sitting on my shelf still waiting to be played, though. I should really get to that...)

CrayzeeCarl said:
He was referring to the gameplay, not the graphics, so...I don't know how the gameplay wouldn't "hold up." Gameplay is pretty timeless, I think. :|

It's conceivable that a game from, like, fifteen years ago could fail to incorporate design or interface improvements that have become standard now and therefore, in a sense, "not hold up" in comparison to more polished games of today, but I was mostly making fun of him for the idea that a two-year-old game is not one of the "games of today."

charlequin said:
(This reminds me that I have an unopened GoW2 sitting on my shelf still waiting to be played, though. I should really get to that...)
Or you should just wait and buy this. It's the best annoucment ever, it's like having sex with a rainbow.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I just started replaying the second game but it looks like I won't bother finishing it again until this is released.

Wow, this is amazing, and more so for a person who has never played the series (like me). I've been a DMC and NG fanboy through the years, and I've always wanted to dive into the GoW franchise. This is a brilliant move by SCE to appease old fans while bringing in the new. I can't wait.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
-Griffo- said:
So glad Sony are listening. That survey they did was actually useful.
Everyone who voted for this thought it would be part of a GoW3 LE, not a standalone package.

TheFallen

Mmmm... not sure if I would doubledip unless this was insanely cheap. I've already got both of them on PS2 and a BC capable PS3.

Corto

charlequin said:
Er, right? I don't see much call for great excitement because this is the exact same game rendered at a higher res. It's cool but not mindblowing; the NPC Wii stuff are pretty minor announcements too. All the "OMG BEST ANNOUNCEMENT EVER INAPPROPRIATE SEXUAL METAPHOR" stuff seems kinda... weird to me.

I wish to change my statement of wanting to give digital oral pleasure to Sony for this announcement to an analogue kiss.... with tongue.... followed by some spooning.

Yes! :D

Somewhat surprised its not 1080p (dosen't sound unreasonable for a PS2 game on PS3) but that may be since GOWIII won't run at 1080p. I'm guessing 720p 2xAA (which is what GOWIII is running at currently correct?).

Day 1.

freitax

Loudninja said:
It was suppose to be,but I think this is a better idea.
yeah it certainly makes more sense, it builds hype for gowIII and besides if you haven't played any of the other games you are not going to buy all three at the same time:/

Top Bottom