• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop Conference: God of War 1 & 2 Collection on Blu Ray this Fall w/ Trophies $40

Tom Penny

Blast Factor devs are doing the port? I need screen shots to prove the awesomeness of this news or for them to confirm GOW III demo is included :D

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
elostyle said:
What do you mean even WITH? That's 100% more sensible.

I meant Nintendo took games that you could play with BC and re-released them anyway with updated controls. Sony doing the same and upgrading visuals, framrates, etc shouldn't be a surprise at all.

Just hoping it becomes a trend.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This page depresses me... cut SotC colossus :(

Anyway, I'm really wondering how the trophies will work for this game.

OokieSpookie said:
Um DUH?
No really... DUH?
Why is this a conspiracy?
They are in a business to make money, not allow people to run and give gamestop money for used games.
At least they are not releasing straight ports with no enhancements.

You really think Sony took out the ps2 chips just so they could resell enhanced versions of best selling ps2 games on ps3? Because I don't remember Sony disabling ps1 disc playback as soon as they started selling psone classics on the store.

Half of me rages at the idea of one generation old remakes for the old MSRP, the other recognizes how awesome PS2 games on a better system would be. I... am conflicted.

H_Prestige said:
You really think Sony took out the ps2 chips just so they could resell enhanced versions of best selling ps2 games on ps3? Because I don't remember Sony disabling ps1 disc playback as soon as they started selling psone classics on the store.
Uh, that's been a widespread conspiracy theory since forever.

Some of you are making the most stupidest comments. Sony took out BC so they can release GOW Collection on PS3? Now that is funny as shit.

They are releasing this cause people demanded it. No other reason.

Corto

720p, AA, 60 fps of pure sex... AND trophies support? Sony deserves a digital fellatio... can someone please do the honours?

shagg_187 said:
Last I checked, this also contains GoW3 demo so... :)
Where did you check to see / read such a thing? All I have seen is everyone and their Greek-loving grandma asking for it.

mckmas8808 said:
Will buy. Does anybody know what this "COULD" look like at 720p with 2xAA?
Why would it only have 2xAA?

jett

D-Member
Bad_Boy said:
I mean if they already have the assets on a computer somewhere, why can't they just encode the cut scenes again at a higher resolution? It's not like they have to start from scratch.

They'd still have to re-render them, and that's costly. NM that Sony probably outsourced that part of GoWs, so it's even more costly. :p

H_Prestige said:

No, I think they took it out for cost purposes.
I just do not think that they are in any hurry to put extra r&d into a fully workable software solution right now and that they will fully explore digital releases as well as this type of thing that they are doing with GoW.
I definitely do not think that they took it out just to try and sell games, that is asinine.
I think that if they had a fully 100% working software solution they would have added it by now and would/will add it in the future because it would be a selling point.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Already played the first one back when it was new, but then sold it.

Bought the second one about a year ago, but haven't played it yet.

Will probably grab this collection, depending a little on my money situation and a LOT on what my backlog still looks like at that point.

beermonkey@tehbias said:
You would skip this if there were no trophies? :lol

Hell no, but it sure helps to seal the deal. I just think some people don't understand the allure of trophies/achievements. To dismiss achievements is no different than dismissing points, leaderboards, easter eggs, secret rooms, collectibles, and game specific challenges.

Done right, trophies can save a game from its own flaws.

Hmmm I'm tempted now. I own/finished/loved the PS2 games. They were my repsected games of the year for those years. I didn't think I'd be even contemplating buying them again, but I just somehow feel I have to.

Meh, gives me a chance to play through em again before the 3rd one. :D

Moobabe

Mr. Wonderful said:
My VERY first thought when I saw this news!

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus at 720p 60FPS YES PLEASE.

HOLY SHIT. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO.

I would have a rib removed and try shit on my own face in excitement.

DrPirate

Banned
Corto said:
720p, AA, 60 fps of pure sex... AND trophies support? Sony deserves a digital fellatio... can someone please do the honours?

The thread was already closed. No digital fellation until later haha

Zen said:
I say keep Ico at it's weird resolution since that was something done intentionally, but SotC at 60FPS? Yes please.

That weird resolution was to take advantage of how CRT SD tvs looked. Those are now pretty much dead and gone. I say bump it up to 1080p, and if you like the old fuzzy look, let Ueda can come up with a post processing filter.

This Sony conspiracy talk is absurd. How dare they release something fans are excited about!

MrPliskin

Banned
I wonder if both GoW1 and GoW2 will have their own individual trophies (i.e. Platinum) or if this will have 1 platinum? I'd assume it'll just be 1, with trophies split between both games.

jett

D-Member
mckmas8808 said:
Does anybody know what this "COULD" look like at 720p with 2xAA?

Like a painting

God_of_War_2_second.jpg

Seriously, probably along the lines of this:

god-of-war-ii-ss-13.jpg

colossus0005.jpg

Never got around to playing the GoW games. I've still got games in the the R&C and Sly series I need to beat. Good thing I waited, because I'll definitely get this collection.

I know Im late to the orgy, but HOLY FUCK YES. Now THIS is how you the hype the anticipation for GOWIII even further. Well done Sony.

....and zOMG I orgasmed like a fountain to the trophies bit. I feel like Im getting baptised in my own semen.

Son of Godzilla said:
Well that and it's easy money.

Not really. How is it easy money to port two complete titles from one system to another with completely different infrastructure?

Unless you are talking about the fact that people will buy it.

Well, the other reason they are releasing it is that they don't want people who haven't played GoW1/2 to be left out when they play GoW3.

Every company wants to release a collection set when a big sequel releases and this is one of that case.

Az

Amir0x said:
Good fucking time to get a PS3, holy fuck

Fucking amazing collection!

check out that dell deal... ps3 slim $250

I cant fucking wait for this. Almost bought a ps2 and the games just to prepare for GOW3

pr0cs

This is really great news, my biggest worry was that I would never get to GOW2 considering the PS2 I had access crapped out and I didn't want to go buy another for a single game (since I had only finished GOW1)
Now I can play all 3 games on one system.

Top Bottom