• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop Power Saver Sale April 1st-24th

RPGCrazied said:
I would, but my Gamestop's always has the most god awful PS2 selection. None of them have the cover art or manual either, and sometimes its just the disc.

I've got Zone of the Enders 2, Shadow of the Colossus, Ico (little beat up) and Mega X Collection ready for this sale to come. All have their cases, booklets and art. You just have to do some digging =)

Grisby

Wow, nice choices. Eying DJ Hero 2 pretty hard.

Singularity is also really good for that price guys. Very nice and lengthy campaign. Also, does anyone have a pulse on Blur's online on the 360? A lot of people still on?

DJ Hero 2 finally hit that magic price for me.

I think I'm also going to finally grab Borderlands and Ass Creed 2.

Also, like the above poster said, Singularity is awesome. I highly recommend it.

Bizzyb

Banned
Raxus said:
I am getting Just Cause 2. Why? JUST CAUSE. DOH'HOHOHOHOHO.

Insanely fun game imo. Everyone needs to grab this one as well.

Definitely the best game no one played of 2010

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
apana said:
So for buy 2 get 2 free, its the two cheapest ones that are free?

yes. when i was in middle school i did not understand this concept. i tried to buy two five dollar games and get the $40 game for free.

listen, it didn't work.

apana

beelzebozo said:
yes. when i was in middle school i did not understand this concept. i tried to buy two five dollar games and get the $40 game for free.

listen, it didn't work.

I always ask this question when this kind of deal shows up, hoping one day that the world will change.

RickA238

Warcraft III Battle Chest for $10 is awesome, considering it's usually $30 and Warcraft 4 probably isn't coming out before 2015. I'm definitely getting it.

RPGCrazied

just got home from GS, and got Majin for $15! Apparently they are trying to offload some of these and Enslaved, they had quite a few new shrinked-wrapped copies of both.

tim.mbp

Is Fallout 3 GOTY (PS3) still kind of buggy? I know people complained about the DLC slowing the game to a crawl.

woolley

Not sure if I should go for Enslaved or the DJ hero turn table....or maybe try to find a few more dollars and get Borderlands.

Tough decision.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
"Buy 2 Get 2 Free on All Pre-Owned PS2/GBA/GC games (valid 4/18-4/24 only)"

Now that sounds nice. I still have some gift credit, I can surely pick something up.

frogg609

I have the Gamestop PowerUp coupon for buy 2 get 1 free at any time. Wonder if there's a way to get buy 2 get 3 free haha.

tim.mbp said:
Is Fallout 3 GOTY (PS3) still kind of buggy? I know people complained about the DLC slowing the game to a crawl.

They haven't released any patches for it, and probably won't, so it's still as buggy as it was when it was released.

lljride

Enslaved for $15 almost got me to bite, but I just checked and Amazon's also got it for $15.87. I assume that's a coincidence and not a price match deal. I'll probably just hold off if that $15 price holds on Amazon.

W1SSY

Supposedly New Vegas is $20 new and $17 used according to what people are saying on CAG. Trying hard to not get it because I know they will release a version with all the DLC at some point.

Not sure if it's Gamestop.com only but the Killzone 3 Helghast edition is now $79.99 and the New Vegas CE for both systems is $29.99.

Just got 999. And thank you to the GameStop employee for not pushing the Pro Rewards membership down my throat. I hope you do not get fired for politely taking "no" for an answer, once.

W1SSY said:
Supposedly New Vegas is $20 new and $17 used according to what people are saying on CAG. Trying hard to not get it because I know they will release a version with all the DLC at some point.

It is. Shit, is that a sale price and not a permanent drop? I reeeally almost picked it up too but it wasn't listed as part of the sale so I figured I could just get it whenever. If it's part of the sale I'm gonna have to go back and get it.

larvi

Not seeing much I'm interested in, would definitely jump on the Borderlands with the DLC included on disc if I hadn't already bought the download code version.

The B2G2 might be worth checking out but the last few used PS2 games I bought from Gamestop all had disc read problems seems like they've been resurfaced a few too many times. And I'm sure there are some GBA games that I'm interested in but finding 4 I want in the same store is pretty much impossible. It might work if it's good online though.

Got the last PS3 copy of DJ Hero 2, as well as Ass Creed 2. I'm planning on stopping by a different store tomorrow in the hopes of finding Borderlands GOTY.

tim.mbp said:

The theory is that as your save file gets bigger the buggier the game gets. Here's my experience with the game, taken from the F3 thread:

So, I just Platinum'd this game and have Operation Anchorage done. Gotta say, this game gets crazy buggy the further one gets. I don't know if its the Broken Steel expansion or what. There were times where my game straight froze for about a minute or two before unfreezing.

It gets really janky and messed up, man. I can no longer enter Paradise Falls or the Super Duper Mart because the game hangs when trying to load those areas. Lucky for me I still had one more working option left for the Nukacola Challenge. Now I'm kind of dreading the idea of playing the last 4 DLC packs that I have left.

If you're going to get this then heed this bit of advice: SAVE FREQUENTLY!

Owzers

Ordered DJ Hero 2 for ps3 with one of those long-forgotten gamestop credits when i bought Mario Galaxy 2. Might get Blazblue if they have a complete copy.

B.K.

Square Triangle said:
Buy 2 Get 2 Free on All Pre-Owned PS2/GBA/GC games (valid 4/18-4/24 only)

I wish that every Gamestop I go to hadn't thrown away the cases and instructions for every preowned PS2 game they have and put them into paper sleeves.

Top Bottom