• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop Power Saver Sale April 1st-24th

MechaX

Hm... That Wii list is absolutely abysmal. I'll probably end up biting for Castlevania Lords of Shadow since I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Either that, or Borderlands GOTY/Just Cause 2. Leaning more towards Just Cause simply because I've already played the demo well over a dozen times.

Flunkie

Banned
Oh wow, that DJ Hero 2 deal is almost like stealing. I might bite, even though I wasn't holding my breath on this for a good deal. I've also been eying Majin and Enslaved.. hmm.

Manus

Lol, came into work saw this thread and since I work in a mall with a Gamestop went right over and bought DJ Hero 2. Cannot beat that price.

Instead of bumping the Assassins Creed 2 thread to the first page, I was hoping someone could answer a quick question for me.

How necessary is it to have played / finished part 1? I found the first one to be super boring, and couldn't bother to finish it, but all I've heard is rave reviews in regards to the second game. Would a few youtube videos and Wikipedia suffice to get in on the story?

Mr. Hyde said:
Is DJ Hero fun? I like rhythm games but I never looked much into it.

I thought the first one was a blast. I'm not even really a fan of the music represented in the game, but the mashups are pretty great. As far as music games go, I think it's criminally underrated, and a steal at that price.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Got Enslaved.

How's Singularity and the Majin game? I might pick up one of those. Give me feedback GAF! =P

RPGCrazied

Relix said:
the Majin game?

2 hours in, its pretty fun. The Majin is utterly annoying, think barney in a video game. Other than the horrendous screen tearing, though I hear its better on the 360 version, I'm having fun. :(

I really really hate screen tearing though, lol

bozeman

Got Borderlands GOTY, Fallout 3 GOTY, and Majin, all for PS3, and Sam & Max for Wii. Also picked up a pretty sweet Darth Vader Wii Sensor Bar holder for $15. I'm usually smart enough to avoid pointless accessories, but the box had nice weight to it and it's actually pretty solid and not a piece of plastic junk.

Might go back when the B2G2 starts and may still bite on DJ Hero 2.

That Tron CE should be $20, tops. It even has a ticket inside to see the movie which isn't in theaters anymore.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I think I'll be grabbing Sam and Max Season 2. $10 is pretty awesome. I don't even think it's been that cheap on Steam before.

Im thinking of grabbing Shattered Dimensions for $30....hmmmm! My GS by work don't have Enslaved in stock or I'd grab that too.

I'm not 100% sold on Spiderman though..

Some of the copies they were selling were used and a few bucks cheaper. I got enslaved, Majion and Sigma 2 for $45. good day.

RedNumberFive said:
Instead of bumping the Assassins Creed 2 thread to the first page, I was hoping someone could answer a quick question for me.

How necessary is it to have played / finished part 1? I found the first one to be super boring, and couldn't bother to finish it, but all I've heard is rave reviews in regards to the second game. Would a few youtube videos and Wikipedia suffice to get in on the story?
I never played the first one and didn't miss a bit with the second one. Just read a wiki or YouTube the cutscenes and you should be fine.

@ Relix: singularity is a great shooter. It's like a cross between resistance and bioshock. I bought it for ~$20 and it was well worth it.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Got Borderlands GOTY, Batman Arkham asylum GOTY, Fallout 3 GOTY, and the Saints Row double pack. I had bought Batman Used for the same price just yesterday so I traded it in for a new GOTY today. I was tempted to buy Rapstar, but I knew it would sit and collect dust.

Last week I took advantage of the 40% bonus on 360 trade-ins and had over $150 in store credit.

RPGCrazied said:
2 hours in, its pretty fun. The Majin is utterly annoying, think barney in a video game. Other than the horrendous screen tearing, though I hear its better on the 360 version, I'm having fun. :(

I really really hate screen tearing though, lol

Yeah, he has the WORST voice acting.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Oh shit...going to get Borderlands GOTY.

Also, if anyone hasn't played Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom...but it. It was so fun. It was also hard to find---so good luck being able to find it anywhere.

Shadybiz

Didn't realize when I first saw this that Just Cause 2 was on sale for $20. ...I now have Just Cause 2. Played the demo and loved it, so I look forward to trying the full version!

Nelo Ice

Banned
picked up dj hero turntable+dj hero 1 used

figured i'll wait for dj hero 2 standalone to drop in price

also fyi check ur gs for the fallout new vegas CE its $30 across all platforms
picked up a pc CE myself :D

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Well amazon didn't PM some of these so I went to Gamestop and got:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Enslaved
Majin
Just Cause 2

All for about 70 bucks after tax. Not too shabby.

If I could get DJ Hero 2 with a white turntable I'd be all over that, but as it is I just feel as though the disc will be available at $20 retail eventually.

Cypher

Picked up:

* Borderlands: GOTY (360) - $20
* Fallout: New Vegas - Collector's Edition (360) - $30
* Tron: Evolution - Collector's Edition (360) - $80
* Killzone 3: Helghast Edition (PS3) - $80

Happy day for first day of April!

Cypher said:
Picked up:

* Borderlands: GOTY (360) - $20
* Fallout: New Vegas - Collector's Edition (360) - $30
* Tron: Evolution - Collector's Edition (360) - $80
* Killzone 3: Helghast Edition (PS3) - $80

Happy day for first day of April!

I'd be all over than Tron CE if I had a place to put the light cycle.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Fucking GameStop, always starting awesome sales the day after the one I leave the country.

I swear to God.

Had a power up rewards $5 off coupon, so I got Borderlands for $14.99!!!

pretty awesome sale. I want the B2G1 to happen because Enslaved is now $12.99 used and Fallout New Vegas is $17.99 used.

whoops, i mean, fuck gamestop, i kicked over teh magazine rack, am i doin it rite?

Well I thought I had will power =(
2nss6l5.jpg

Square Triangle said:
Well I thought I had will power =(
you aint the only one bro, i went in only expecting to get Castlevania, then i end up with the limited edition, spiderman: shattered dimensions, call of duty 4, and enslaved:(

and im going back for majin, james bond and maybe something else...

NightHawk17 said:
you aint the only one bro, i went in only expecting to get Castlevania, then i end up with the limited edition, spiderman: shattered dimensions, call of duty 4, and enslaved:(

and im going back for majin, james bond and maybe something else...

I might go back for blur or Fallout 3 GOTY. Gamestop actually has some damn good deals this time, caught me off guard.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
RedNumberFive said:

Zero. It's mentioned within the first five minutes before you're thrown into Ass Creed 2's story.

Anyway, picked up Fallout 3 GotY PS3 (mostly to finish the DLC trophies that lowered my 100% >:|), and Blur PS3. Fallout 3 is still a buggy POS on consoles, but my kick-ass-take-names (litereally, one-headshot, perk for AP refill if this done in VADS regives AP. Go back into VADS, headshot...) is breezing through the DLC. It's taking me a while due to the slow speed/nature of the game but meh.

I'll probably return it within the week if I finish the non Ancorage DLC expansions as fast as I did Ancorage. I have no use holding onto it after I get the trophies. If possible I'll exchange it for Just Cause 2, but given I bought it used I doubt JC2 is going to be 16.02 (with gamestop pro card) like Blur and Fallout 3 were. :/

I'm def. going to hold onto Blur. Won my first race online in the learner playlist and it's just as fun as the demo was. Too bad no one is barely playing it online anymore. :(

Top Bottom