• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop Power Saver Sale April 1st-24th

RPGCrazied

If you hate screen tearing, do not get the PS3 version of Majin, its plagued with it. Pity. ;/ Oh well, was only $15, lol.

FINALBOSS

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
If you hate screen tearing, do not get the PS3 version of Majin, its plagued with it. Pity. ;/ Oh well, was only $15, lol.

I played it and never had a problem...at least not a problem that I noticed.

Overreactions like this throws people off games.

RPGCrazied

Well, if you can't see it, I think you might be blind. :p But yeah, it doesn't bother some people, but to me I think it ruins the immersion.

FireCloud

Picked up Enslaved, Majin,Fallout 3 GOTY Ed., and Mortal Kombat vs DC. All of this after telling myself that I wasn't going to buy anymore games until I put a significant dent in my backlog. DAMN YOU GAMESTOP!

Still saved about $30. $64 isn't bad for four games. With the Fallout 3 pickup, the price per play hour for the lot has got to be pretty low.

Thanks for the heads up GAF. I imagine things will be picked over pretty well in the next day or so.

I kind of wanted to get Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. I may pick it up before the sale end if there are any copies to be had.

Booshka

Picking up Just Cause 2, loved the demo played it a lot, did the infinite demo time glitch and all. Looking forward to causing mayhem in that game. Pretty good deals overall. If my PC wasnt dreadfully awful, I would pick up The Witcher too.

Probably going to pick up Majin, maybe Enslaved, see what PS2 games my nearby stores have to offer. Saints Row Double Pack may be mine as well.

People have no excuse not to pick up 999 if they don't already have it.

KanZolo

El Sloth said:
Is Majin The Forsaken well reviewed? Never heard of it before, but the vids on youtube look interesting.
I am also interested in this game. 74 on metacritic for what its worth.

What I want to know is there a lot of puzzles and the difficulty of said puzzles

sleepykyo

KanZolo said:
I am also interested in this game. 74 on metacritic for what its worth.

What I want to know is there a lot of puzzles and the difficulty of said puzzles

There are some puzzles, but they are pretty simple. eg. Have Majin blow a barrel so Tepu can jump on it to cross a ledge. Or figure out how to arrange lightning rods to chain lighting to kick start a generator.

Gonna pick these up this weekend:

WII:
Blastworks - $6
Castle of Shikagami 3 - $5
Mercury Meltdown - $5
SSX Blur - $7
Ultimate Shooting Collection - $6

XBOX 360:
Culdcept Saga - $13
Lego Batman/Pure 2pack - $13
Lost Planet - $5
Qubed - $9
Raiden Fighter Aces - $13
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - $13
Table Tennis - $3

I got a Wii 2 weeks ago, so I'm using this as an opportunity to pick up some games.
Picked up Brawl, New Super Mario Bros Wii, and Mario Kart.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I didnt pick up castlevania the other day, and a few games I've been wanting to play so I'm thinking

Vanquish
Castlevania
Naruto: Ninja Storm 2

for about 60 bucks, that aint bad.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Ha ha! I managed to score a complete move bundle for under $70 because of the B2G1 free sale!

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
My order from the B2G1 sale last weekend came in today.

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Okami

Cost: $40

This was the best I could get out of what was available online (and didn't already have). I had been meaning to play ToS for a while, and MP3 and Okami were for collection purposes. I'll probably replay them sometime in the summer.

gotee12

Picked up:

PS2
Persona 4 (original case/manual/soundtrack)

Gamecube
Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition (no case/etc.)
Mario Party 5 (no case/etc.)
Mario Party 6 (no case/etc.)

For $38 (after $25 giftcard from e-rewards.com). Not too bad. I've been wanting to see what all the Persona 4 fuss is about for some time. And my wife LOVES the Mario Party games.

Moofers

Any reccomendations for PS2 games that are a bit off the radar? I already know about Final Fantasy/Persona/God of War, etc. and I'm looking for more stuff like Rule of Rose, Haunting Ground, Primal, Trapt, etc. Thanks in advance!

Boogiepop

Grr... after a decent pickup of 8 games yesterday, I was unable to find anything but Dark Cloud 2 and Rouge Galaxy out of my list of 30 or so PS2 games at what is my local GS for weekdays.
Any idea how long they'll hold games with the "pick-up at store" thing? I was thinking of spamming a ton of those at a Gamestop I won't be able to get to till Friday/Saturday.

Moofers

Mank said:
Any idea how long they'll hold games with the "pick-up at store" thing? I was thinking of spamming a ton of those at a Gamestop I won't be able to get to till Friday/Saturday.
Call ahead and make sure they have boxes/manuals if you care about that kind of thing.

picked up borderlands goty edition yesterday, almost picked it up a week ago but every copy was a "shelf" copy, and I dont buy games that claim to be new that really aren't

Select items from the PSS will be on clearance tomorrow in case anyone was wanting to get some games and forgot it ended today. Not every item will be on clearance, some are going back to normal price.

Top Bottom