• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop PS4 midnight launch details

Reule

Wow, actually sounds fairly organized. Can't wait to see how much of a cluster fuck Best Buy will potentially have. Midnight game launches go pretty smoothly at mine though, so maybe not!

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
6pm??!! ... awesome. This means I can run over on my lunch break.. get my spot in line (hopefully) waaaaay early and then come back when i'm off swing shift and Cwalk my way towards the front of the line!! Baller.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Killthee is a PlayStation MVP to me.
acn0ru12.gif

LOL

Loakum

Banned
It sounds pretty organize...unless they only have a limited number of PS4s they're giving away at launch (at certain gamestops). Then it will become a instant clusterfuck, due to folks who haven't pre ordered one will try to rush to the front of the line.

DoctorZ

I'll show up at 6pm and then go do something else until midnight I guess. I hope that they actually do organize the line or just call out numbers a midnight. My girlfriend has thursday and friday off so I'm making her go with me. She's all excited. Didn't have the heart to tell her what is actually going on, but in the end I bet this goes more smoothly than I expect.

I had some issues with my preorder so I hope they are resolved. The cashier put in my deposit as cash and they couldn't remove just the cast part and let me use my credit like I wanted. So they said higher ups will need to go into my account and manually remove the cash. Glad I got a backup at Amazon, but I'd rather get it at midnight with my GS credit.

When I was there I was told that they had extra PS4s coming, 10, but that they would only go on sale the next day as usual so not to worry about people coming in trying to buy one without a preorder.

FaintDeftone

I get off of work at 4:30 that day. I'll head home, get dressed, go grab a bite to eat and head on over at 6:00 to get in line.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Grrr.. Seems a pain in the ass. Guess I'll go around 6pm and see what's up.. :/

Moosehole

This is great news... I can show up at 6, get my number, then go chill and stroll back up just before midnight and still have my place in line.

MUCH better than standing outside in the cold for hours on end.

-PXG-

Thank goodness they're doing the number thing. They did it for the GTAV launch. It went very well. I will get there ASAP.

Earz62801

Neo Member
Confirmed with a Best Buy manager....

"We will absolutely have two separate lines. I cannot go into details on how many extra consoles we have received. However, I can say that it's a decent amount."

Confirmed with a Target manager.....

"Our store will have no more than 50 extra PS4's. Our doors will open 1 hour early on Nov. 15th".

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

"We will absolutely have two separate lines. I cannot go into details on how many extra consoles we have received. However, I can say that it's a decent amount."

"Our store will have no more than 50 extra PS4's. Our doors will open 1 hour early on Nov. 15th"
No lines? Sounds like a bloodbath.

inwwLrMrx9n2b.gif

SRTtoZ

Ok so my plan is to arrive at 6, finalize everything, get a LOW #, bring my ipad, chill out and browse Gaf until midnight. BOOM.

"Our store will have no more than 50 extra PS4's. Our doors will open 1 hour early on Nov. 15th"

The target near me just opened and didn't even take preorders. Wonder how many they will get.

whogottricked

Neo Member
Are you in US or Canada?

As far as I know all stores in US are getting their pre-orders filled and extra.

Sorry, should've specified. I'm in Canada (Greater Toronto Area). It's a store in a pretty busy plaza. Figured they'd get more but I guess not.

FaintDeftone

I talked to my Gamestop's manager today and he assured me all preorders will be covered for launch, and that they even have a few extras to sell to walk-ins. Whew.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
My gamestop said they had 2 extra and might get more the day before. I making sure that Im number one out of that 2. Getting there 7AM thursday.

That's a good idea. I'm definitely going to ask them about their stock come the little event they're having this sunday. Maybe I can convince them after pre-ordering more games ;)

BPoole

I'm still undecided if I want to buy my PS4 and sell it, or just keep it. There's literally nothing for me to play at launch, but I'd buy one when Infamous comes out anyway.

Canada here. Apparently pre-orders are separated into first shipment and second shipment. They don't know when that second shipment will arrive. They also said they will be making phone calls to the people who are guaranteed a console at launch. I missed the guaranteed date so I most likely won't be getting one next week.

Aesthet1c

Awesome. Gonna go at 6 to get my spot in line then come back just before midnight. I really like this approach they are doing.

I'm still undecided if I want to buy my PS4 and sell it, or just keep it. There's literally nothing for me to play at launch, but I'd buy one when Infamous comes out anyway.

Apparently it's anyone who preordered before August 25th.

Edit: for some reason it quoted the wrong person. Oops lol

whogottricked

Neo Member
I'm wondering if its all because you fully paid it off, or to do with the date you first put money down.

I believe it's from when I first put the money down. I pre-ordered during/around E3 when the price was announced. I just don't know when the cut-off date was between "shipments."

Joeki11a

Banned
I can get it in the morning righf?

they will hold my fully paid since June PS4 right?

never been a midnight Launch type

redhot_

I believe it's from when I first put the money down. I pre-ordered during/around E3 when the price was announced. I just don't know when the cut-off date was between "shipments."

Hmm i'll have to make sure about this when I go in next week to pay the rest off. The guy at my EB Games said the end of August was the cut off for launch day units... I put money down early that month. So I hope i don't miss out, even though i was told on 2 occasions I would be alright.

MilkBeard

Doesn't seem like Gamestop in Seattle is participating in the midnight launch. There is one in Northgate mall nearby, but the ones in the malls never have midnight launch as far as I know.

Around here, the Best Buy is always the one to go to. That's where I got my WiiU, and that's where I'm getting the PS4. Gonna drop by shortly after work and get in line before 12.

CronoShot

I've had mine preordered since June, so hopefully I can just waltz in the next morning and pick it up.

I do get off at 9 on Thursday, so I suppose I could go at midnight. But then I have to work at noon the next day.

Decisions, decisions...

Just received a call from a nice associate from GS. Told me about the event tomorrow to trade in games, accessories, tablets, systems, etc.

Also confirmed again that they will do a midnight and at 6pm you can go and pay it in full or before that. On your paid in full receipt you will have a serial number that is attached to your PS4. The serial number will be used for your number to be called at midnight, so for example they will call about 5 or so people at a time to enter and get your PS4 and be on your way. The serial number will be on your receipt, example serial number 123, etc. enter store now.

Was told that they also have extra for non pre order and open at 8am on Friday if you don't want to attend the midnight, however be cautious as you will have people that waited all night in line and also people that did not go to midnight launch, so I was told it would be better to get in on midnight and get out quickly.

NOTE: Bring a drivers license with you is what I was told to identify yourself.

Games will and are avail now, and also Tuesday the rest will be ready to go.

ReaperXL7

I dont do midnight launches, and already have mine preordered through best buy. I was curious though, can someone who has not preordered go to these midnight launches anr just purchase a system if the store gets any that are not pre order units, or do they hold those to sell on a first come basis the next morning?

I dont even want to think about how difficult its going to be trying to find a PS4 over the next few weeks.

isual

I called my local gamestop and they said they'll be pre-selling to walk ins at 6pm on the 14th (limited stock of course, and they don't know who'll be getting one).

I'll most definitely head over after school and just see if I can pre buy one. I even asked if they'll be telling the 'walk ins' if there are any available so as to not waste time.c

Cancelled both my amazon orders because I just want the 399.99 system and BF4.

Top Bottom