• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop PS4 midnight launch details

Sweep14

I'll show up at 6pm and then go do something else until midnight I guess. I hope that they actually do organize the line or just call out numbers a midnight. My girlfriend has thursday and friday off so I'm making her go with me. She's all excited. Didn't have the heart to tell her what is actually going on , but in the end I bet this goes more smoothly than I expect.

I had some issues with my preorder so I hope they are resolved. The cashier put in my deposit as cash and they couldn't remove just the cast part and let me use my credit like I wanted. So they said higher ups will need to go into my account and manually remove the cash. Glad I got a backup at Amazon, but I'd rather get it at midnight with my GS credit.

When I was there I was told that they had extra PS4s coming, 10, but that they would only go on sale the next day as usual so not to worry about people coming in trying to buy one without a preorder.

You're in for some bad moments if she thinks that you've prepared her a nice romantic surprise weekend...

I called my local gamestop and they said they'll be pre-selling to walk ins at 6pm on the 14th (limited stock of course, and they don't know who'll be getting one).

I'll most definitely head over after school and just see if I can pre buy one. I even asked if they'll be telling the 'walk ins' if there are any available so as to not waste time.c

Cancelled both my amazon orders because I just want the 399.99 system and BF4.
Better skip school dude

Saganator

For people looking for a place pick up a PS4 "walk-in", hit up Costco if you live near one and have a membership. No midnight release but if you get there at opening I'm willing to bet you'll get a system.

isual

For people looking for a place pick up a PS4 "walk-in", hit up Costco if you live near one and have a membership. No midnight release but if you get there at opening I'm willing to bet you'll get a system.

this makes sense. but I doubt they'll be selling just the consoles.

Saganator

Right now Costco is selling Ghosts for PS4/Xbone. The Costco PS4 bundle includes an extra controller and I think a PSN sub (not sure how long). Its $489.

edit:

Just found out Costco is getting a pretty limited supply of PS4s for launch. You'll definitely want to call ahead and find out for sure.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'll show up at 6pm and then go do something else until midnight I guess. I hope that they actually do organize the line or just call out numbers a midnight. My girlfriend has thursday and friday off so I'm making her go with me. She's all excited. Didn't have the heart to tell her what is actually going on, but in the end I bet this goes more smoothly than I expect.

So Good. The Gamestop directly across the street from the Best Buy where I am getting mine at Midnight will be doing a Midnight Launch. It will be great to see the drama across the street, while I am in the middle of it at Best Buy.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
So Good. The Gamestop directly across the street from the Best Buy where I am getting mine at Midnight will be doing a Midnight Launch. It will be great to see the drama across the street, while I am in the middle of it at Best Buy.

The best buy and Gamestop that are holding midnight releases are both on the same street, and there is a target and toys are us in the middle. Will be fun to see the lines.

kamicowzi

Banned
I am pondering driving my kid down by the local GS to see how big the lines are. I didn't do a midnight launch for last gen so I want to see how the lines are. I want to dodge all of that stuff so I pre-ordered off of Amazon and just get them to redirect the package to the distro center.

Quick Warning about Costco\

I've heard from a few employees now that employees buying new products that launch at Costco before doors open is a big problem. If you guys run into it please call corporate and they'll resolve it for you. I've already been informed they'll mail a replacement console to me if they have to as a remedy to the situation.

DoctorZ

Go before 6.

You'll be waiting forever if you don't get assigned a number

How many preorders does the store you're going to have?

Mine has 80 and I don't expect all 80 to show up. Even if all 80 show up and I'm number 50 since 49 people showed up at noon and I showed up at 6pm, how long could that even be? Not going to stress out too much over this. Plus I got a backup at Amazon, just not payed for with credit as my GS one is.

If they start "pre-selling" them that's another story.

You're in for some bad moments if she thinks that you've prepared her a nice romantic surprise weekend...

She knows that its for the PS4 launch, she is excited for that. She just doesn't understand how crazy people get over the console launches as she wasn't really aware of the 360/ps3/wii launches even happening. She thinks we are just going to go wait in line for a bit and buy the PS4. Its hard to explain what is going on here to a layman.

inner-G

Banned
How many preorders does the store you're going to have?

Mine has 80 and I don't expect all 80 to show up. Even if all 80 show up and I'm number 50 since 49 people showed up at noon and I showed up at 6pm, how long could that even be? Not going to stress out too much over this. Plus I got a backup at Amazon, just not payed for with credit as my GS one is.
If they have 80 preorders and 50 people show up, they're not going to sell those other 30 consoles. They wait 24-48 hours and hold them for the people who preordered.

Top Bottom