• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Trade-in 6 Games 60% (+10% for Pro Members) Bonus 8/21-9/3

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Everyone who got a Pro membership from last time check your rewards account.

I currently have 3 B1G1 Preowned coupons

Holy shit, good looking out fam. GS doesn't open at my work but I hope I have at least too. There's a few games I'm looking to buy cheap.

U2NUMB

Before I dump a shit ton of my physical games on this deal this weekend I just want to make sure that you can in fact buy Xbox Live Cards with the GS credit?

So I've got a stack of 18 games I'm gonna bring in. Right now that's $152, without the bump. If I put it towards certain games I get a 30% bump. Do I only have to put like $5 down to get that 30% bump, and will they stack to 90%?

No promos don't stack. You get the best promo out if the two in that case, which would obviously be the 60% extra

Snookie

so if i trade it 6 games plus my halo 5 xbox one would the 60% count towards that?

oh i guess its just game trade in value?

gaiages

Banned
Before I dump a shit ton of my physical games on this deal this weekend I just want to make sure that you can in fact buy Xbox Live Cards with the GS credit?

Wondering that myself (for eShop cards) as I want to trade my physical copy of Splatoon 2 for a digital one :eek:

rj118

Wondering that myself (for eShop cards) as I want to trade my physical copy of Splatoon 2 for a digital one :eek:

You can use trade in credit for pretty much any type of gift card - including eShop, XBL, and PSN. Amazon and Visa gift cards are the only ones that are troublesome.

a couple questions that this seems as good as place as any to get answers for Gamestop

Do they still take Xbox One Kinect sensors? whats their value? I cannot find it on their app

2nd, I have a 5.00 and 10.00 in rewards from them, it says you can't use these for digital currency which would include things like steam, psn, xbox gift cards ect., but what about playstation plus? my sub recently ran out and I dont have anything else to purchase with these reward certificates right now

NeatoKuni

a couple questions that this seems as good as place as any to get answers for Gamestop

Do they still take Xbox One Kinect sensors? whats their value? I cannot find it on their app

2nd, I have a 5.00 and 10.00 in rewards from them, it says you can't use these for digital currency which would include things like steam, psn, xbox gift cards ect., but what about playstation plus? my sub recently ran out and I dont have anything else to purchase with these reward certificates right now

it has to be physical merch. use it on another game to just flip.

Yes they take Kinect for Xbox one. You get 4 dollars trade credit, or 4.40 with pro card

gaiages

Banned
You can use trade in credit for pretty much any type of gift card - including eShop, XBL, and PSN. Amazon and Visa gift cards are the only ones that are troublesome.

Awesome, thanks. I was a little worried because people were having trouble with the Amazon cards--good to know it's not an issue with other cards.

Did GS dump a bunch of of their trade in titles? I had like 4-6 games a few days ago but they are all missing from the website trade in database now.

Weebos

Banned
Traded in a modest stack for $272 (+ a random $5 the employee gave me).

Traded in Splatoon 2 and I'll buy the digital version when I get home. I play that enough to want it, plus I got it for $39 and it traded for $51.

I don't think I'll be able to scrounge up another stack next time.

4.00 for a kinect? don't get me wrong I didn't expect it to be anywhere near its retail "value" of 100.00, but i was kinda expecting at least 15.00 even with GS traditionally horrible values.

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on the trade of about 30 games. $503.74.

Would have been more but I had a last min change of heart on Pokemon Moon. (Though I also have Sun digitally, so I might boot that up this weekend and teansfer everyone over then trade it).

Guess my Classic and most upcoming Switch releases will be paid for!

ak1337azn

Neo Member
Heh, this thread isn't gaining nearly as much traction as the one earlier this summer. Kinda seems like people are still burnt out from that fiasco.

Heh, this thread isn't gaining nearly as much traction as the one earlier this summer. Kinda seems like people are still burnt out from that fiasco.
Well, the one earlier in the summer had a B2G1 deal going on concurrently which allowed for people to get endless amounts of money with little work. Also gamestop slashed the prices of the biggest money makers after the last deal. For example, Pokemon Moon could be sold for $42.50 last time after the 70% boost, but now it will only be $27-ish after the boost.

It's still a great deal if you have some games laying around though. I plan on selling a couple more stacks of games I couldn't scrounge up in time last time this deal was on, but I'm waiting to see if there is an end of the month boost in prices that people keep talking about.

Do ps1 games and stuff count towards the 6? I've got only 4 games but found a box of old ps1 games that I really dont have a use for and could use them to just pad the numbers

jwhit28

If I trade in towards a preorder for Yakuza Kiwami do I get that extra 30% added on top of the 60% and 10%?

Say a game is $20 in value, do I get

$20
+$12
+$6
+$2

I decided to check my values before going to bed, just to see if there was a bump. There was.. kinda sorta. A bunch of games that were listing with $3 trade in values now say N/A. So I take it gamestop stop taking in those titles?

I decided to check my values before going to bed, just to see if there was a bump. There was.. kinda sorta. A bunch of games that were listing with $3 trade in values now say N/A. So I take it gamestop stop taking in those titles?
Hope I don't regret not going yesterday.

From what I looked at Persona 5 had the best value if you get it from Best Buy for 31 with GCU. It'll get you at least $8-9 in profit and Watch Dogs 2 on Xbox One would be the next best with 6 and Wildlands being around 5. They're both on sale as well. (Gta 5 would be the most profit after Persona. From Best Buy and GCU obviously.

SalvaPot

Huh, Mario Kart Wii gives you 22.44 with the 70% bonus, not bad at all for a game I got for 10 bucks.

If you get it free with the B2G1 you get a 1.45 profit, lol.

U2NUMB

Well round 1 got me $317 which I converted to Xbox Credit for digital games.. might go back and do a round 2. I feel I got good value for the games I traded in.

Got some great finds at yard sales today. $24 total for these. Looking forward to trading them. Anyone else finding good deals on games to flip at yard sales/thrift stores?

ZqyVmYg.jpg

snap

Banned
So I presume from the lack of traffic in this thread there isn't a point to try to exploit the deal if I don't already have games to trade in?

Hope I don't regret not going yesterday.

From what I looked at Persona 5 had the best value if you get it from Best Buy for 31 with GCU. It'll get you at least $8-9 in profit and Watch Dogs 2 on Xbox One would be the next best with 6 and Wildlands being around 5. They're both on sale as well. (Gta 5 would be the most profit after Persona. From Best Buy and GCU obviously.

I went in and they took them at the value listed yesterday. I don't know why the app was listed as NA for value.

Call it a hunch, but I wouldn't be surprised if GS has another B2G1 starting this week going into Labor Day. And, if we're lucky, trade bumps will occur around then as well. GameStop has shown a somewhat consistent track record with positioning B2G1 sales around 3 day weekends/holidays.

Top Bottom