• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Trade-in 6 Games 60% (+10% for Pro Members) Bonus 8/21-9/3

I am thinking of trading in the last of my 3DS games, but I'll wait and see if they get any bump. If not I'll hold onto them for a while longer.

Call it a hunch, but I wouldn't be surprised if GS has another B2G1 starting this week going into Labor Day. And, if we're lucky, trade bumps will occur around then as well. GameStop has shown a somewhat consistent track record with positioning B2G1 sales around 3 day weekends/holidays.

Hopefully. That would mean that the bumps would happen next week with the small chance of B2G1. Even if it doesn't occur then at least we can squeeze a bit more credit by waiting a week.

So I presume from the lack of traffic in this thread there isn't a point to try to exploit the deal if I don't already have games to trade in?
There's not much and too little to really take advantage of. I spent $64 to make $59 in profit.

Speaking of, any good way to convert it to Amazon credit? I got credit in a trade card. Would it just be best to get the cards and swipe it as if I was paying with a credit card?

There's not much and too little to really take advantage of. I spent $64 to make $59 in profit.

Speaking of, any good way to convert it to Amazon credit? I got credit in a trade card. Would it just be best to get the cards and swipe it as if I was paying with a credit card?

You'll need to buy a GameStop gift card with your trade card first. Then use the gift card to buy Amazon Cash or an Amazon gift card.

Also, you'll need to get the Amazon gift card from a different GameStop from the one you got the gift card from.

Meffer

I'm curious myself. I'm thinking of trading in some games and using the credit over to Amazon to pay some upcoming games.

You'll need to buy a GameStop gift card with your trade card first. Then use the gift card to buy Amazon Cash or an Amazon gift card.

Also, you'll need to get the Amazon gift card from a different GameStop from the one you got the gift card from.

Thanks! I'll have to try that out tomorrow.

Would getting a digital Gamestop gift card be okay or would I have to get a physical one?

reKon

Banned
these values are trash, but I think it's a bad idea to waste my 2x Buy 2 Get One 1 deals.

Any suggestions on what do to here? It looks like I would need to wait til Monday see if values change.

Thanks! I'll have to try that out tomorrow.

Would getting a digital Gamestop gift card be okay or would I have to get a physical one?

Just as a heads up YMMV. Also don't ask them if you are allowed to do it. Just ask for whatever amount you want on the Amazon gift card and then swipe the GS gift card. If you ask, they will probably tell you that you aren't allowed, but the system will allow the transaction to go through.

Kusagari

Call it a hunch, but I wouldn't be surprised if GS has another B2G1 starting this week going into Labor Day. And, if we're lucky, trade bumps will occur around then as well. GameStop has shown a somewhat consistent track record with positioning B2G1 sales around 3 day weekends/holidays.

I read somewhere else that the bump last year happened on that weekend.

No reason not to just wait it out at this point.

I read somewhere else that the bump last year happened on that weekend.

No reason not to just wait it out at this point.

Yup was hoping it was today but hopefully next weekend.

these values are trash, but I think it's a bad idea to waste my 2x Buy 2 Get One 1 deals.

Any suggestions on what do to here? It looks like I would need to wait til Monday see if values change.

Make sure you check the expiration date. My coupons expire next month so i'm pretty set on using mine. Just need to figure out whats most profitable for B2G1, meaning keep an eye out for games whose purchase value = trade-in value.

Meffer

So I'm trading in 12 games which in total now adds up to $71. I'm also trading an extra dualshock I'm not using anymore which is $28 in value. My Pro Membership expired but I'll likely renew it tommorrow. I'm bad at math so with 60% bonus how much will I get with the $71?

WiiU0706

In July when they last did this, i used my gamestop credit to become a pro member, yet i don't have the coupons everyone here said they got on their rewards account

autoduelist

So I'm trading in 12 games which in total now adds up to $71. I'm also trading an extra dualshock I'm not using anymore which is $28 in value. My Pro Membership expired but I'll likely renew it tommorrow. I'm bad at math so with 60% bonus how much will I get with the $71?

easy way to do math is simplify it.

60 percent is just 6 out of 10.
That means if you get a 60 percent bonus, you're getting 6 bucks on every $10.
$71 is seven 10s.

so... 7 x 6 = $42

there's actually an extra dollar ($71)... and 60% of a dollar is 60 cents, just like 60% of 100 = 60.

So that's 42.60. Add that to your $71... and again, if you struggle with math and don't need an exact answer, just simplify it. $70 + 40 = 110, then if you want, add the change (2.60+1 = 3.60), so you get $113.60.

Or... just google 71*.6 to find out the [same] answer.

Meffer

easy way to do math is simplify it.

60 percent is just 6 out of 10.
That means if you get a 60 percent bonus, you're getting 6 bucks on every $10.
$71 is seven 10s.

so... 7 x 6 = $42

there's actually an extra dollar ($71)... and 60% of a dollar is 60 cents, just like 60% of 100 = 60.

So that's 42.60. Add that to your $71... and again, if you struggle with math and don't need an exact answer, just simplify it. $70 + 40 = 110, then if you want, add the change (2.60+1 = 3.60), so you get $113.60.

Or... just google 71*.6 to find out the [same] answer.

Thanks! I'll renew my membership it'll certainly add more and if I can transfer my credit to Amazon Cash it'll cover my games I ordered there and with my Prime savings I get a even better deal.

Meffer

Went and traded in my games and renewed my membership to get the extra 10%. Came out at $137.87 trade-in credit. Then put it all on a GS giftcard then in the next transaction applied that to my Amazon Cash balance. All of it. I didn't have to go to a different store to do this. And the manager was elated on knowing how to do the Amazon Cash stuff with no problems.
So the way to do it is:
Trade in stuff, get trade-in credit.
Put it in GS giftcard.
Use giftcard in new transaction to you Amazon Cash balance or a Amazon giftcard.

I used my Amazon balance to pay off MHStories, Metroid, M&L SSS and .Hack GU.

Went and traded in my games and renewed my membership to get the extra 10%. Came out at $137.87 trade-in credit. Then put it all on a GS giftcard then in the next transaction applied that to my Amazon Cash balance. All of it. I didn't have to go to a different store to do this. And the manager was elated on knowing how to do the Amazon Cash stuff with no problems.
So the way to do it is:
Trade in stuff, get trade-in credit.
Put it in GS giftcard.
Use giftcard in new transaction to you Amazon Cash balance or a Amazon giftcard.

I used my Amazon balance to pay off MHStories, Metroid, M&L SSS and .Hack GU.

I have a feeling this won't be the case in most GS stores...

Meffer

I have a feeling this won't be the case in most GS stores...

It should work, the manager even called the company to make sure it would work. You do have to put the credit in the gift card then use that to put the money in the Amazon balance. They have to do it.

It should work, the manager even called the company to make sure it would work. You do have to put the credit in the gift card then use that to put the money in the Amazon balance. They have to do it.

They can refuse to do it if they want. GameStop managers can do whatever they want at their discretion with regards to trades, purchases/etc

My GameStop wouldn't do it. I didn't even ask but they always ask how I'll be paying before bringing up the total

Your store is an outlier. Most stores will deny the transaction if you try and do everything all in one go, even if the system accepts it.

Well, it wasn't all done in one transaction. It was done in two.

Yeah that's what I mean. When you go back up to use the gift card to buy the Amazon Cash, most stores deny it even though the system allows it. It's why it's best in general to go to multiple stores to do it. Glad it worked for you though! :)

kirblar

There's nothing in the transaction system preventing the credit->Amazon.

They're just not supposed to do it per policy for obvious reasons.

I'm about Tom head to gamestop but I only have 3 games to trade. Are there 3 good games I could pick up at Best Buy to flip for a couple more dollars??

woodypop

GameStop gives you the same amount for just the game disc as for the complete game w/manual and case, right?

EDIT: v thx, Arthos!

Spoit

So the b2g1 coupon from getting PUR last month expires in a couple days. Is the general consensus that there's just nothing really worth flipping with it?

Ah, this is great. I usually don't like spending too much on entertainment for myself, yet I need that DB FighterZ Collector's Edition in my life, so it's the perfect storm. 😎

Does anyone here think that the trade promotion for Destiny 2 will stack with this promotion? Destiny 2 has a 30% trade increase towards the preorder.

So Did trade In values increase since its the end of the month?

Someone mentioned that this time last year, trade prices didn't increase until labor day weekend (next weekend). Also apparently Gamestop has a track record for doing B2G1 deals on that weekend, so hopefully we get both of those before the deal ends.

So people mentioned this late august promo back during the last trade in 6 get 60% bonus promo, so I'm curious, is there another one of these that normally comes before the end of the year?

Someone mentioned that this time last year, trade prices didn't increase until labor day weekend (next weekend). Also apparently Gamestop has a track record for doing B2G1 deals on that weekend, so hopefully we get both of those before the deal ends.

That could possibly be the case. The boost went into July 4th.

That sucks for people whose coupons expire at the end of this month though.

There is a gamble if they buy something B2G1 now and then wait for the TIVs to boost to trade-in

rj118

Details!!

They did!!!!

I don't remember what all the values were before but I know there were only a few games above the $17 mark yesterday. Now there are several that are $20+ in TIV. One example for sure is M&L Paper Jam for 3DS that was $14 and is now $20

Kusagari

There was definitely a bump but it's noticeably neutered compared to past bumps.

I wonder if they're finally nerfing it.

teaveee

Overwatch is a decent flip from Best Buy if you have GCU. $32 at BB plus a code for 10 free loot boxes. Trades for $42.50 with six games

Calisupra2nr

Neo Member
Post more flips! I only have like 3 games available to trade right now and need to grab a few more :)

EDIT: can you trade in multiple overwatch/ezio collections??

Top Bottom