• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers to close after 13 years

VNIgiKT.gif

Tankard

Oh no, that sucks so much.

It was bound to happen though, I mean, the climate there after the last layoffs was always tense.

I'm assuming they knew this was about to happen and had a plan, I would hate to see this bunch completely split up, they were creating some really good content together.

Edit: Apparently not =(

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Retrospectives...
The Countdowns...
The E3 converage...
Bosman
Huber

Maaaaaaaaaaaan, this sucks!

Kouichi

Aw man Gametrailers has always been one of my favorite gaming sites. Best review site.

I'll miss them :( It's been a great ride.

Sevyne

Didn't they just move into a new building or something recently too?

This is terrible news. They're some of the best folks in that line of work. :(

Hip Hop

Wow, just like that?

My first forum. Then the infamous "update" pretty much killed what was left of it years ago.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Wow, this is a shock. Will definitely be following the crew wherever they go, best of luck dudes. I had just started to regularly listen to GT Time as well...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
To think they were joking about it on last week's episode of GT Time. I wonder if they knew at that point. Probably, I guess.

The_R3medy_

Neo Member
Jesus Christ this was out of nowhere. This is horrible. No notice must have been given to them as they made no mentions or allusions to this in any form. Fuck. They were honestly my favorite gaming site ever. I am beyond devastated right now.

Just.....fuck.

edit: And Bloodworth is on his fucking honeymoon man. Fuck.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wow. This sucks, GameTrailers had a monopoly on good video reviews seemingly since they emerged. :(

Zyrox

WHAT? NOOOOO! I loved their stuff. They are my favorite games media site. Watching stuff like Huber Hype, Final Bosman and especially GT Time has become like a weekly ritual to me. Was always looking forward to new episodes. Man this sucks.
Hope everyone lands on their feet.

The man who narrated all the video reviews is always stuck in my head. God speed gametrailers! You were ahead of the times but now with youtube, etc... it was only inevitable.

TheXbox

They've been putting out some good stuff recently, too. I can definitely see those guys getting together and starting their own offshoot like Greg Miller.

Nibel

This sucks ass.

End of an era. And it seems like everybody is going their own way?

Wished they would stick together and do a Kinda Funny thing

Skux

RIP :(

They were THE site to go to for trailers and reviews.

Also loved their Retrospectives, Final Bosman, Pach Attack, and Bonus Round.

I used to download their Bonus Round episode and watch them on the train. Keighley, Pachter, Satterfield, Beer, Bloodworth...

The more I think about it, the more I'm going to miss them.

Top Bottom