• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers Top 10 Shopkeepers

jett

D-Member
WHATDYA BUYIN'

WHATDYA SELLIN'

STRANGER!

THANK YE

AH, I'LL BUY IT A HIGH PRICE!

This was rigged. Tom Nook can suck deez nuts.

mattp

fuck this list
re4 merchant is #1
this isn't up for debate

also, the people who made this list clearly never played crypt of the necrodancer

R0bc51o.png

Suffer not the shopkeeper to live...

Patches is missing from the list.

See? Missed two killable asshole shopkeepers. This is what the list misses: VENGEANCE.

gelf

RE4 merchant is number 1 for me. If he was in 5 and 6 I might have bothered to play them by now just for him.

2nd would be Stan, the perfect caricature of a slimy salesman.

Gundy2010

" I see you have an eye for things, guns's not just 'bout shootin', it's 'bout reloadin'. You'll know what I'm talkin' 'bout!"

STFU N TAKE MY MONEY!!!

fred

Has to be The Merchant from RE4 for me. I thought he was a right dodgy looking fucker the first time I saw him so I shot him in the head lmfao. Needless to say I had to restart the game when I realised I couldn't buy fuck all without him lol

Tom Nook, introducing children to a culture of debt for over ten years.

Specifically the traveling moogle in FF IX was my favourite.

sgjackson

spelunky dude and link's awakening murderer are definitely oversights. also i haven't played recettear but when people mentioned recette i was like "yeah, shit, she beats half the people on the list"

Grizzo

Still my favorite. He kills you and then calls you a thief for the rest of eternity. That Koholint village shopkeeper doesn't play around.

More than that, he immediately lets the world know what you did and every character in the game then proceeds to call you that.

Plus it looks like they're yelling whenever they're calling you "THIEF", as if they wanted to remind you how much of a scum you are.

UrbanRats

THEY'RE MASTERWORKS ALL, YOU CAN'T GO WRONG!
Worst merchant of last gen.

TP-DK

"No interest, eh? Can tell you're not going to last long here"

"What's the hurry? Where are you off to? Have you any manners?"

"Have you lost your Wretched senses? I'm Boldwin dammit and I'm not going down without a fight"

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
1uspsme.png

It's Chudley from Twilight Princess...dude gets bought out by Malo Mart, and so he goes totally bizarre and starts playing this song Malo Mart while dressed like an idiot.

This quest was optional, so I imagine a lot of people skipped over it, especially since no one visits shops in Zelda.

The list made me realize that almost every Zelda game has at least one great shopkeeper. Especially the ones in Skyward Sword are all memorable.

Gold_Loot

Stay tuned for next week "top ten blue sneakers worn by an antagonist" followed by "top ten desert rocks covered in dirt!"

Top Bottom