• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gang Beasts can't commit to XB1 release due to parity clause, considering Switch

00ich

Mate, let's stop with the whole Schrodinger's parity clause discussion. You believe that it's still fully in effect, and I don't believe that we have evidence either way. Unless someone opens that box we won't know if the parity clause is really still a thing or not. That's all I'm saying.

They are well connected developers. I don't think they assume things that are fundamentally wrong.

Rymuth

Mate, let's stop with the whole Schrodinger's parity clause discussion. You believe that it's still fully in effect, and I don't believe that we have evidence either way. Unless someone opens that box we won't know if the parity clause is really still a thing or not. That's all I'm saying.
I did my own research on the subject. Without naming sources, here is some:

I don't want to say we have any hostility toward Microsoft. But the treatment indies receive, both our experience and other reported experiences, have caused us to steer toward different waters. If not forever, then at least until the situation improves.

There's a lack of transparency in their current ID@XBOX policies, and the recent Xbox Live Indie Games payments problem left a bad taste in quite a few mouths. When the other platforms are making it easier and more convenient to put your games out in clear terms that are beneficial for the developer, it's hard to trust a company who won't plainly state how things work to developers without signing an NDA, and finds themselves without an answer for quite some time when payments stop for developers on an active service.

The Schrodinger isnt meant to be a snarky fallacy. It really is what is happening. You have no idea what MS may or may not ask of you UNTIL you sign up with them by then, you are pretty much screwed over and you can't even talk about it.

It's a catch-22.

Kayant

If you can't see the first statement as evidence of it showing it being in effect then I don't know.

Justified

Well thats because of NDA, no one can come out and flat out describe their experience.

However their is enough "evidence" and anonymous commentary in the wild to prove its real

I did my own research on the subject. Without naming sources, here is some:

The Schrodinger isnt meant to be a snarky fallacy. It really is what is happening. You have no idea what MS may or may not ask of you UNTIL you sign up with them by then, you are pretty much screwed over and you can't even talk about it.

It's a catch-22.

I'm replying to your post because I'm extremely grateful that you took the time to research/clarify this! As I stated numerous times, the post in OP really didn't seem to make things clear and other posters didn't really seem to have more examples. What you posted really helped me understand this more! On that subject, dear lord is that a crock of you know what for indie devs. I really don't know what Microsoft is hoping to achieve with policies like that.

Kagey K

Banned
Not a game for me, but nice to see it finally release and all this nonsense end.

Limited time 20% discount also.

Top Bottom