• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gay and Bisexual relationship thread |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lear

I think I've fallen in love with one of my fuck buddies. Shit sucks.

Yeah, that right there is a real bitch. My relationship with a friend of mine went friends => friends with benefits => (probably) unrequited love. I'm still at the latter stage and it's not fun.

Magnus

What?

If two people are clean, they can't get infected.

Listen, I know it's shitty to have a billion people in the thread come down hard on you, but this is enormously naive dude.

Imagine your dude having that attitude with someone else. And that person having the same attitude with a fourth person, and so on. All it takes is one person along that chain to lie, or even be uncertain of their sexual status, and bam, something (and not necessarily HIV but one of any number of other STDs, many asymptomatic in some cases) to get passed along.

I know some people might be wary of being overly paranoid, but I always view it as "when I sleep with a dude, I'm sleeping with everyone he's ever slept with". One good orgasm ain't worth irreversible infection.

You don't KNOW that though. People will lie to get into your pants. These are facts.

. This this this. Do you trust everyone your partner has ever trusted?

beje

Banned
Yeah, that right there is a real bitch. My relationship with a friend of mine went friends => friends with benefits => (probably) unrequited love. I'm still at the latter stage and it's not fun.

The worst part is that we know each other for like 2 years already, so we're both fuckbuddy-zoned (as in friend-zoned). Well, even if we weren't, I kinda don't want to start dating somebody 15 years older AGAIN and this time with very incompatible schedules and lifestyles (office rat vs. freelance musician). Well, I kinda DO want to be with him but... argh *headbanging on the desk* and meeting him will make things worse *keeps headbanging*

Lear

The worst part is that we know each other for like 2 years already, so we're both fuckbuddy-zoned (as in friend-zoned). Well, even if we weren't, I kinda don't want to start dating somebody 15 years older AGAIN and this time with very incompatible schedules and lifestyles (office rat vs. freelance musician). Well, I kinda DO want to be with him but... argh *headbanging on the desk* and meeting him will make things worse *keeps headbanging*

I feel your pain. :(

I've been fuckbuddy-zoned with my guy too. I think I missed my chance to make it something more. It's just a bit of a mess. He was in a long-distance open relationship when we met. He was in his final year of uni when I started. We hit it off, became friends, then fuckbuddies. But I couldn't make anything more of it at that point because I didn't want to be the home wrecking ho that ruined his 5-year relationship (turned out his douche of a bf did a pretty good job of that himself) . He and his bf broke up about a year ago and I've just been leaving it because you dont want to jump in before the body is even cold, y'know? It would never work anyway because we're both in different cities and we're at different stages of our lives - he's working, i'm going to be doing a Masters - but there's still a part of me that holds out hope that it'll all work out fine.

Emotions are a pain in the ass. :(

beje

Banned
I feel your pain. :(

I've been fuckbuddy-zoned with my guy too. I think I missed my chance to make it something more. It's just a bit of a mess. He was in a long-distance open relationship when we met. He was in his final year of uni when I started. We hit it off, became friends, then fuckbuddies. But I couldn't make anything more of it at that point because I didn't want to be the home wrecking ho that ruined his 5-year relationship (turned out his douche of a bf did a pretty good job of that himself) . He and his bf broke up about a year ago and I've just been leaving it because you dont want to jump in before the body is even cold, y'know? It would never work anyway because we're both in different cities and we're at different stages of our lives - he's working, i'm going to be doing a Masters - but there's still a part of me that holds out hope that it'll all work out fine.

Emotions are a pain in the ass. :(

Especially when you're not used to them. I've been spending this last year pretty much insensitive since my last attempt at a relationship became a trainwreck, I don't know why the fuck my brain is acting up again.

Edit: seeing him at the "recently connected" area of Gayromeo is not helping either. I need a cold shower.

You don't KNOW that though. People will lie to get into your pants. These are facts.

Listen, I know it's shitty to have a billion people in the thread come down hard on you, but this is enormously naive dude.

Imagine your dude having that attitude with someone else. And that person having the same attitude with a fourth person, and so on. All it takes is one person along that chain to lie, or even be uncertain of their sexual status, and bam, something (and not necessarily HIV but one of any number of other STDs, many asymptomatic in some cases) to get passed along.

I know some people might be wary of being overly paranoid, but I always view it as "when I sleep with a dude, I'm sleeping with everyone he's ever slept with". One good orgasm ain't worth irreversible infection.

. This this this. Do you trust everyone your partner has ever trusted?

FFS.

Listen, I appreciate the concern, but before you respond to my post, read it.

If you two people are clean, they can't infect each other.

Is this a true statement?

Yes, it's a true statement.

DR2K did not say "But you don't know if he's clean." He said: "That's not how STDs work though" If he meant "But you don't know if he's clean." then he is, of course, right, but that's not what he said.

God damn, people. This is not a lifetime special, and I am not ingenue.

Dead Man

So... anyone ever watch a tv show, see a character they thought was ugly as hell, then see the actor outside the show and think they are fine as hell?

Just watched Season 3 of Underbelly (Aus crime show) and damn, the guy that plays Danny Karam is hot. Ugly when in character though.

DR2K

Banned
DR2K did not say "But you don't know if he's clean." He said: "That's not how STDs work though" If he meant "But you don't know if he's clean." then he is, of course, right, but that's not what he said.

God damn, people. This is not a lifetime special, and I am not ingenue.

I meant that you don't know and neither does he. Just think about next time.

BeesEight

Page 6? This thread has died guys.

Well, I'm procrastinating and was reading the Marriage Last Name tradition thread and someone asked about homosexuals. So to those who are married (probably not many in here) and those who have thought about marriage - what would you do about your last name? Would you keep yours, take his, combine them, hyphenate them or get rid of them altogether?

Nohar

Before I answer : BeesEight, your avatar is grossing me out :'(

This is a highly hypothetical situation... Hmmm... I don't know. Sometimes it's better to avoid combining names. I don't know if I could let go mine... Oh well.

Masamuna

I'm technically going in for my 6 months screening next month buuuut I may delay it till August so that it'll be 6 months since me and Andy got together aka if all goes well maybe a bareback birthday would occur. We kinda talked about it last night during post sex cuddle. We're both wary about it but once we get the go ahead.....awww yeah.

Outside of situations like monogamy its very risky and discussed already in this thread. Some guy's will say ANYTHING to get into your pants and to go raw. Hell, there are a myriad of guys in ATL that have a reputation of being infected and still do without. Then there's that nice niche of guys that purposely infect others. You just can't be too careful.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Best safe sex is self-sex.

I'm so ronree ;_;

xkf8A.png

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Oh my God... OK Cupid allows me to see pretty much all the guys that I've thought were probably gay at my university. This is awesome. Now I can fantasize about any of these guys actually being interested in me. :p

Well, I'm procrastinating and was reading the Marriage Last Name tradition thread and someone asked about homosexuals. So to those who are married (probably not many in here) and those who have thought about marriage - what would you do about your last name? Would you keep yours, take his, combine them, hyphenate them or get rid of them altogether?

I would want to separate from family, so I'd probably create a new name.

daemonic

Banned
I'm not really into the whole "taking names" tradition so I would probably keep mine, he would keep his. But if having children were to come up, it would be a tough call. Not sure how I would handle that. Give them hyphenated names maybe?

Sai-kun

Banned

Hyphenation is the best! :)

Well, my husband hyphenated his last names. Its automatically done in New York but in our shithole state, we had to pay a bunch of fees and sign a bunch of documents because we're not legally married :(

T.O.P

Banned
FUCK

So i went out with this guy (friend's bro), i know him since he was 13 more or less
Two weeks ago he starts bombarding me with sms and calls like hell on earth after i talked with his sister about a concert that i was going to in June, we both love k-pop so we would just hang out and talk, we decide to have dinner together, pretty standard, he's a cute kid, we go together pretty well, he's more mature than he looks etc.

Then he just went batshit crazy, he was asking to talk and hang out like everyday

Tonight was like the fifth time we did something together, he wanted me to meet his friends and i did, they were planning a trip and so i accepted when he asked me if i would go

I give a ride home to his friends then i do it with him as well

50mt from his house he says to me to stop the car, he went with something like "i donnow how to thank you" then out of fuckin nowhere he kisses me

My exact reaction was, stop him, say "come on, not right now", drive him home while blabbering about his lips and how fuckin wet they were and if he had put something on and run like a mutherfucker *facepalm*

Now i seriously donnow how to fuckin face him

Cock obviously says "go with it, NOW"
Brain "he's still a kid, he's a nice friend, i actually see his family everyday and they trust me and they let him out with me even late at night, if something leak we're seriously fucked for good, god that was more awkward than exciting"

Srsly i'm not used to this situation, i donnow what the fuck i'm supposed to do

jesus, and i usually talks shit that i can't find any gays around here

My eng is fucked up, but i'm not used to this things and i'm still kinda shocked :x

FUCK

So i went out with this guy (friend's bro), i know him since he was 13 more or less
Two weeks ago he starts bombarding me with sms and calls like hell on earth after i talked with his sister about a concert that i was going to in June, we both love k-pop so we would just hang out and talk, we decide to have dinner together, pretty standard, he's a cute kid, we go together pretty well, he's more mature than he looks etc.

Then he just went batshit crazy, he was asking to talk and hang out like everyday

Tonight was like the fifth time we did something together, he wanted me to meet his friends and i did, they were planning a trip and so i accepted when he asked me if i would go

I give a ride home to his friends then i do it with him as well

50mt from his house he says to me to stop the car, he went with something like "i donnow how to thank you" then out of fuckin nowhere he kisses me

My exact reaction was, stop him, say "come on, not right now", drive him home while blabbering about his lips and how fuckin wet they were and if he had put something on and run like a mutherfucker *facepalm*

Now i seriously donnow how to fuckin face him

Cock obviously says "go with it, NOW"
Brain "he's still a kid, he's a nice friend, i actually see his family everyday and they trust me and they let him out with me even late at night, if something leak we're seriously fucked for good, god that was more awkward than exciting"

Srsly i'm not used to this situation, i donnow what the fuck i'm supposed to do

jesus, and i usually talks shit that i can't find any gays around here

My eng is fucked up, but i'm not used to this things and i'm still kinda shocked :x

well.. how old is he and how old are you? I mean, if you just want to hook up with him, then do it but if he's very young and inexperienced then you would probably run into trouble especially since he already seems to have somewhat of a fixation on you.

You just gotta decide what's best for you and for him.

T.O.P

Banned
well.. how old is he and how old are you? I mean, if you just want to hook up with him, then do it but if he's very young and inexperienced then you would probably run into trouble especially since he already seems to have somewhat of a fixation on you.

You just gotta decide what's best for you and for him.

i'm 22 he's 17

not that big of a leap, but i'm not sure that's even the problem, i just don't feel right when i think of him outside of a friend, weird to explain, let's add that i'm unexerienced as fuck and i donnow how can i handle this, as i said if i would just think about my needs right now, it would have gone a lot different

Five years isn't a big gap in itself, but when one person is 17? Hell yes.

I agree... well.. if you just want sex then i guess it isn't but if you would like to date this person then it may be a bad idea.. Or maybe he isn't capable of differentiating the two. Quite the quandry you're in, quite the quandry, indeed.

T.O.P

Banned
So i actually did the right thing, now how should i actually face him?
i don't want to lose him as a friend either to hurt him, god i hope he doesen't call me at least a couple of days

i was quite surprised to go that well with a guy (usually i hang out with girls), there was a catch in the end

I agree... well.. if you just want sex then i guess it isn't but if you would like to date this person then it may be a bad idea.. Or maybe he isn't capable of differentiating the two. Quite the quandry you're in, quite the quandry, indeed.

i don't want either, really just i'd like to erase this night -_-

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Homophobia! Unadulterated homophobia. We want to be segregated.

The Magic thread isn't there either. It's really weird.

CHEEZMO™;37254507 said:
You know you love me really, TS.

:shh <3
DIE IN A FIRE, FURRY.

@T.O.P.: Don't. You're friends with his family and while sex is possible your worries about it coming out (because you aren't out or something?) is probably justified and your mind is telling you the correct answer. Don't. Just... don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom