• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 Announced. November. 360 Exclusive.

tha_con

Banned
Seriously it's 360 Exclusive? I hoped to god I would see this on PS3 and Wii...guess I'll have to wait for great Waggle Cover :(

steve

Banned
Not that I'm doubting for an instant that Gears 2 won't be on 360, and most likely exclusive, and hell, it may even hit in November. But this isn't official PR I'm seeing here in the OP, this looks like a blurb from a website, pretty much anyone could have written it.

Let's see soemthing official before starting the hype train, shall we?

Tieno

steve said:
Not that I'm doubting for an instant that Gears 2 won't be on 360, and most likely exclusive, and hell, it may even hit in November. But this isn't official PR I'm seeing here in the OP, this looks like a blurb from a website, pretty much anyone could have written it.

It's from the italian MS press release, so don't you worry.

Borys

Banned
:lol @ the SDF brigade saying stuff like:

"this isn't official"

"I could write that PR"

"probably on PC next year"

"how's that exclusive?"

DeadGzuz

Banned
I like Gears. I hope they make the campaign more varied and longer though. They also need to work on the AI, Uncharted puts it to shame. They just jumped over their cover into your gun fire. I would also like good boss fights, and not the QTE type they used.

More color and less one dimensional chars would be welcome too.

DC R1D3R said:
raptorjesus.gif

Jacked from the NG2 thread for more positive vibes.

This is Gears Of War 2 FFS!!

Remember kids, Next-Gen started when EPIC said so!

LMAO!! I hadn't seen that animated .gif until today. Made me spit my coffee. But I digress!!

So where are the details?! I've been in meetings all morning! Don't just drop this on me and cut out?!

GhaleonEB

Gears in co-op was goooood. Four player in Gears 2 is expected now, given what Halo 3 did and Resistance 2 is doing. If Epic delivers...mmmm. My juices are flowing.

dTau

Banned
Borys said:

"this isn't official"

"I could write that PR"

"how's that exclusive?"

1 person questioned the source in the op. I think you're trying to stir up some shit.

DeadGzuz said:
I like Gears. I hope they make the campaign more varied and longer though. They also need to work on the AI, Uncharted puts it to shame. They just jumped over their cover into your gun fire. I would also like good boss fights, and not the QTE type they used.

More color and less one dimensional chars would be welcome too.

Definitely. Needs less repetitiveness, more variety, a huge boost in AI (especially team mate), and an upgrade to the story. I'll be there day one if they fix these problems.

Xater

steve said:

How about you try to keep up huh?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242134

AppleMIX

Apharmd Battler said:
LMAO!! I hadn't seen that animated .gif until today. Made me spit my coffee. But I digress!!

So where are the details?! I've been in meetings all morning! Don't just drop this on me and cut out?!

The conference hasn't even started yet, details are scarce.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I have a inside source and they say its not exclusive!

......it will come out on vista 1 year after release :lol

tha_con

Banned
Borys said:

"this isn't official"

"I could write that PR"

"how's that exclusive?"

Thanks for killing the thread. Now you've invited the legions of forces here to derail it.

Oh, and I hardly think the 2 or 3 members here who are crying bloody murder over Gears 2 are the "SDF Brigade". Honestly? We're not past that yet GAF? There are children who post on the internetz, if you ignore them, they find other forums to go to.

OOOOOH SNAP

......it will come out on vista 1 year after release
So fucking what, it stays Microsoft exclusive, people are just trying to get excuses now and play this AWESOMENESS down. Fuck em, its fucking Gears 2...LOOK AT ALL THAT JUICE 2

WrikaWrek

Banned
If it doesn't look much better than the 1st and has a decent story, i won't give a shit.

It's like Vegas 2, fuck that kind of sequel. That's an expansion pack.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
360 exclusive, no way?! Overall: Great news :)!

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Awesome, please have a longer campaign, co-op was great fun.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
commariodore64 said:
120 player multiplayer, 30 player coop and 345 campaigns confirmed!
:D

It would of been funny as hell if they at least tried to multiply their numbers. :D

Aladuf

Banned
Deacan said:
Awesome, please have a longer campaign, co-op was great fun.

co-op was so much fun in Gears, I played that campaign so many times with friends. The longer the campaign, and more players the better imo.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
bluheim said:
WHAT A SURPRISE !!! :lol

Anyway, too little, too late.
I think we should do a ratio of stupidly laughing smileys / number of posts for you, I'm pretty sure you'd be in the top tier.
At least you'd have this to brag about.

fernoca

As great as the first game was..
Why would anyone be surprised/shocked by the announcement of the sequel?
I mean..
They have been saying that they planned it as a trilogy since before the release of the first game..so, be either this year, next or in 2010..a sequel was coming anyway.

TheDuce22

Banned
Since when does a game appearing on PC mean its not exclusive. I guess FF7 wasnt a playstation exclusive. Make sure you post 1000 emoticons next time someone says it was.

Aske

Aladuf23 said:
:lol Hell Yeah! Baird was indeed an asshole and thats what made him amusing as hell to listen to while playing.

Exactly right. Baird should have his own game. In fact, the new game should be called Baird of War, and all the whole squad should be comprised of original Baird plus three Baird clones.

Blimblim said:
I think we should do a ratio of stupidly laughing smileys / number of posts for you, I'm pretty sure you'd be in the top tier.
At least you'd have this to brag about.

Oh god, please do this. It will help for my Research Initiative on The ProSonent LOL Epidemic.

Top Bottom