• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 April 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korez

cliffybkilledasixpack.jpg

Shit Microsoft.

Poor Cliff's probably sleeping right now, dreaming of his big reveal Monday, envisioning the reactions here on Gaf to his amazing teaser trailer and first announced details.

Mad_Ban

Dead Man Typing said:
Poor Cliff's probably sleeping right now, dreaming of his big reveal Monday, envisioning the reactions here on Gaf to his amazing teaser trailer and first announced details.
Probably woken up into a blind rage by late-nighters at Epic phoning in the news. :(

Good riddance, I say! Fuck the announcement of announcement of announcements! Sadly, Gears of War has a bad track record of getting announced a few days before the actual announcement! :lol :lol :lol

EDIT: CliffyB's announcement on the show is NOT a new game and this was the announcement? SMH if true... :/

adelante

shagg_187 said:
Good riddance, I say! Fuck the announcement of announcement of announcements! Sadly, Gears of War has a bad track record of getting announced a few days before the actual announcement! :lol :lol :lol
Internet's chockfull of (emergence) holes

Feindflug

[Nintex] said:
That leaves some room for Perfect Dark 2 in november

BELIEVE

Well that sounds too good to be true...I guess there's still hope for an announcement at E3 right? :(

BTW LOL at the early GoW3 announcement! Cliffy must be mad! :lol

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
john tv said:
Nice of Kotaku to credit GAF for the find...

They've been decent about crediting GAF in the past. In fairness their picture looks different than 'ours'. It's quite possible they saw it independently (as I'm sure many others have). The article was only posted a minute after this thread...that'd be some trick if they were just going off of GAF (I mean, to write the article, take their own picture etc. and post within a minute of this thread).

gofreak said:
They've been decent about crediting GAF in the past. In fairness their picture looks different than 'ours'. It's quite possible they saw it independently (as I'm sure many others have). The article was only posted a minute after this thread...that'd be some trick if they were just going off of GAF (I mean, to write the article, take their own picture etc. and post within a minute of this thread).

21m54yw.jpg

gofreak said:

The Kotaku picture IS different. Their pic says '1 of 12' beneath the Gears ad, GAFs says '1 of 13'.

Hypertrooper said:
I want a mix of Gears 1 and 2. Okay i only want a really hard last boss like General Raam!
That fight was so boring. The end of Gears 2 may not have been different, but it was a fucking amazing spectacle and fits the tone of the game better.

I'm very anti-bosses, though, so yeah.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if this was a deliberate "leak". After all, the dashboard tab points to no content, somebody would surely notice.

As for the announcement itself, all I can say is...

20ggz5u.jpg

Saty

Edge fricking nailed it. What a butched announcment, for the sake of E3 let's hope they keep their cards closer.

john tv

Ah I wasn't saying they took the pic. :) I just figured they saw the news here like everyone else did. No biggie, just busting balls. :p

Pooya

Looks like Microsoft pulled it, can't wait for the "We don't comment on rumors and speculations" response :lol .

TheOddOne

Saty said:
Edge fricking nailed it. What a butched announcment, for the sake of E3 let's hope they keep their cards closer.
Gears 2 was leaked weeks before, Forza 3 was leaked months before and now this leak. Till E3 expect a lot of leaks.

NHale

I still can't understand why would Microsoft announce this 2 months before E3?

Unless they have a lineup full of exclusives ready to be announced at E3, I can't understand the reasoning behind this early announcement.

I fear this is a sign that Microsoft E3 press conference will be 75% Natal - 25% Non-Natal.

NHale said:
I still can't understand why would Microsoft announce this 2 months before E3?

Unless they have a lineup full of exclusives ready to be announced at E3, I can't understand the reasoning behind this early announcement.

I fear this is a sign that Microsoft E3 press conference will be 75% Natal - 25% Non-Natal.

Do what Ninten-does. Announce a game/peripheral 2 months before E3 and show NOTHING. NOTHING!

Hype the crowd and at E3, kick some serious ass!

The decision to purchase this game or not will most definitely be GAF-fueled. I trust you guys more than any cabal of reviewers looking for ad revenue.

TheOddOne

ConradCervantes said:
The decision to purchase this game or not will most definitely be GAF-fueled. I trust you guys more than any cabal of reviewers looking for ad revenue.
So you never buy games?

No_Style

I feel like I've seen this confirmed by nearly everyone, but Epic Games themselves. Wouldn't be too shocked to see Sony confirm it as well. :lol

Poor Epic.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The rumors were spot-on, hot damn!

And seeing how an announcement campaign of a Gears 3 caliber is so huge, that the TV announcement had to be really last minute to mess up on delaying certain things except for the ad block - that's too bad Cliff...

But I'm so glad otherwise! Gears is my favorite new IP this gen, right above Mass Effect, cannot wait to see this baby in motion, and what they plan to do is the same as what the EDGE rumors say!

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom