• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 April 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma

Banned
Microsoft needs to get some communication going between the studios, all of their announcments always leak beforehand :lol

cantona222

Poor Cliffy.
Jimmy Fallon will be pissed off too. He made a big deal that his show will have gaming announcements and interviews. This is supposed to be the biggest piece of info coming exclusively from the late night show................... Fail.

cantona222 said:
Poor Cliffy.
Jimmy Fallon will be pissed off too. He made a big deal that his show will have gaming announcements and interviews. This is supposed to be the biggest piece of info coming exclusively from the late night show................... Fail.

His fault for bumping Cliffy.

I'm sure Epic would like to move along with a new property. Unreal is pretty much dead in the water at the moment, and they'll have worked on the Gears series for over six years by the time the third title releases.

Mohonky

They'd better fix the fucking multiplayer, it was completely fucked in Gears 2. Get rid of the stupid matchmaking shit, add in local filters and release a goddamn beta to fix the bugs.

I'm not buying 3 if it ends up being the same steaming dog turd 2 was.

Kajiba said:
No more gears? the tears are flowing =, (

Don't count on it, it's probably just the end of this story arc.

Second said:
April releas is good. Halo Reach madness should be cooled down by then.

And I can't help the feeling that Microsoft probably expects Killzone 3 to hit around the same time.

skyfinch

OMG Aero said:
So are we looking for Dom's kids in this one?

If I recall, the books briefly explain what happened to Dom's 2 children.

Splinter Cell in a few days, Alan Wake in a month, Natal and Reach this fall, Gears 3 next spring. Me happy!

NIGHT-

skyfinch said:
If I recall, the books briefly explain what happened to Dom's 2 children.

Splinter Cell in a few days, Alan Wake in a month, Natal and Reach this fall, Gears 3 next spring. Me happy!

Year of the 360 continues.

Karram

Unless they want to change the whole chest high wall thing I can't find a reason why they should rework on a new cover system. Also they need to add new animations to the game The characters animation in Gears 2 isn't too great.
But their biggest problem will probably be the multiplayer because when they decided to make it tactical in Gears 2 many people especially Gears 1 fans didn't like the change and some kept playing Gears 1 instead. So it will be interesting to see how will the multiplayer work in Gears 3.

skyfinch

I'm hoping they have bigger and more epic boss battles. The Corpser, and Brumak (xbox version) were a bit lame. Also, bring back the Berzerker!

Karram

skyfinch said:
I'm hoping they have bigger and more epic boss battles. The Corpser, and Brumak (xbox version) were a bit lame. Also, bring back the Berzerker!
Berserker in horde would be awesome. Also more Cole and Baird and less Dom in the singleplayer.

TheOddOne

Swittcher said:
First teaser?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtW-H6GFb18

Edit: nuts and bolts is a piece of shit.
2cgn1ph.gif

quickwhips

Sweet. Now if only it has 4-5 player coop and fix match making this game will be the best yet. Also can we get some boss fights in horde mode this time. Something fresh. :D

OMG Aero

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Came to post this.

This had the shit leaked out of it anyway, surely no one is surprised.
Was it ever meant to be a secret? I thought it was known that Gears of War would be a trilogy after the first game.

Raide

Anyone else get the feeling this was not just a mistake? All we got was a Dashboard advert and a 2011 date, genuine mistake or cunning PR prank? News at 2011.

h3ro

Raide said:
Anyone else get the feeling this was not just a mistake? All we got was a Dashboard advert and a 2011 date, genuine mistake or cunning PR prank? News at 2011.

I think the more likely scenario is that this tile on the dashboard was set via timer or something to come up after Cliff theoretically had announced the game on Fallon on April 8th. Someone just forgot to change the timer once he got bumped.

So wait...we got an announcement of an announcement, and this tile was supposed to be the post announcement announcement, but it came out early so...

It's the premature announcement of the delayed future announcement made after the announcement of an announcement?

Love me some gears 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom