• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 Beta |OT| Hello Chainsaw My Old Friend, I've Come To Rev You Up Again

Harbor is Depths upside-down!

latest

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I just bought a month of gold - forgot mine had expired. Last game I played on XBL was Gears UE, so revving up the Xbox for this beta is only right!

Can't wait. Even though I'm a Gears 1 Junkie - I was super happy that they gave us classic Gears fans a bone by giving us UE. That said, I am totally ready for what Gears 4 will offer. Expecting great shit.

Can't find a beta streamer using the hammerburst to save my life. Does it suck or do people really just prefer the Lancer/too lazy to switch their load out because they're just going to use the Gnasher the whole time anyway?

Can't find a beta streamer using the hammerburst to save my life. Does it suck or do people really just prefer the Lancer/too lazy to switch their load out because they're just going to use the Gnasher the whole time anyway?

From what I've seen, the Hammerburst is a 4-shot down without a Perfect Active and a 3-shot down with a Perfect Active. I think many people may switch to it during the Beta.

I played UE at midnight on launch day. Hopefully I'll get a code shortly after getting home from work today but knowing my luck I won't.

5pm here in the UK I believe. I should finish my shift at 3pm but in my profession (journalist) I'll be lucky to get back for 5pm!

Excited to get my hands on it.

Hopefully by time off work tomorrow. I had a digital pre order that I launched asap.

Same, preordered digitally and played right at midnight on launch. Hopefully get my code in the first wave tomorrow afternoon.

What are these odds of this coming to PC?

I'd give odds to about a 90% chance. A bit lower for day 1 with the Xbox One version. But very likely it will be on PC.

JimiNutz

Banned
If ultimate was any indication, it should be buttery smooth.

Don't know if it's a netcode thing or just an inherent flaw whith the hit detection but the Gnasher is still prone to random shit in MP.
You can point it right in someone's back from behind at point blank and it doesn't always seem to register.

It's not as inconsistent as it was back in the day on 360 and its definitely much improved, but it's still inconsistent at times.

A consistent Gnasher is all I'm really hoping for in Gears 4 MP. It's the best gun in the game and it should be flawlessly consistent.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Just missed this. Finally ordered GoWU on the 12th. Didn't play it until like the 15th.

Wish I would've known. Oh well. Got tons to play as always. I can wait.

Angel_DvA

6pm tomorrow for EU ? is this some kind of joke ? Nothing really change from Epic to Coalition I see and it's sad, their disrespect for their EU fanbase is shameful.

Man this code distribution sounds suspect.

I already see people getting screwed. I don't like how they're doing this. With as janky as the roll out was for the backwards compatible Gears games i have little confidence in this going smoothly.

There will be a flood of people on Monday who claim they played Day 1 and didn't get a code. Book it.

Kordelle

So the german Code registration was supposed to start at 00.01, but its still nothing there... I shouldnt believe their lies...

Why didn't they just let people get in the beta through playing Gears UE disc. Sort of like what crackdown did with Halo 3 beta.

That would have been easier and less complicated. Don't like this nonsense of you getting a code later than everyone else despite buying the game.

Top Bottom