• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 Beta |OT| Hello Chainsaw My Old Friend, I've Come To Rev You Up Again

The Ummah

Banned
Why didn't they just let people get in the beta through playing Gears UE disc. Sort of like what crackdown did with Halo 3 beta.

That would have been easier and less complicated. Don't like this nonsense of you getting a code later than everyone else despite buying the game.

I agree with you. I'm assuming so they can send the codes in "waves" until it finally opens up to the masses.

nOoblet16

6pm tomorrow for EU ? is this some kind of joke ? Nothing really change from Epic to Coalition I see and it's sad, their disrespect for their EU fanbase is shameful.
This is a beta meant to test out the game, servers and fix any issues, why the fuck would they launch it during hours when not only they aren't at work but also asleep ? If you have an issue then blame the earth for being round and having time zones.

If anything you should be glad that it doesn't start until EU working hours are finished, afterall it is Monday tomorrow.

This is a beta meant to test out the game, servers and fix any issues, why the fuck would they launch it during hours when not only they aren't at work but also asleep ? If you have an issue then blame the earth for being round and having time zones.

If anything you should be glad that it doesn't start until EU working hours are finished, afterall it is Monday tomorrow.

I got my gears BC codes like 5am at EU time. So not sure what your point is. I doubt somebody in the coalition office is sitting there launching these codes literally. They are automated.

Madness

6pm tomorrow for EU ? is this some kind of joke ? Nothing really change from Epic to Coalition I see and it's sad, their disrespect for their EU fanbase is shameful.

You're right. Those Vancouver BC based devs should totally launch the beta for their game when they're all sleeping at 1 AM just so you don't feel disrespected.

Damn. Do you ever stop to think they want to launch the beta for their game at the start of their work week monday morning so that they are prepared for any issues?

aBarreras

You're right. Those Vancouver BC based devs should totally launch the beta for their game when they're all sleeping at 1 AM just so you don't feel disrespected.

Damn. Do you ever stop to think they want to launch the beta for their game at the start of their work week monday morning so that they are prepared for any issues?

it is really baffling that people are this entitled, but if the beta launches and there are issues and none to fix them, they would be like "lazy devs" and shit, beta needs to launch when The Coalition is ready to affront any issues that will definitely come with this beta

nOoblet16

I got my gears BC codes like 5am at EU time. So not sure what your point is. I doubt somebody in the coalition office is sitting there launching these codes literally. They are automated.
Which Gears BC? I'm not even going to address the timing issue of them launching the beta during their working hours.

But as for pre loading and the codes, I'm not sure what you point is when they have specifically mentioned why they are not allowing preload and sending the codes out in waves, i.e. so as that they can make sure that they can handle the server load.

giphy.gif

pizzacat

Banned
I played digital at midnight so I'm expecting 12:00pm est release for me.

Just don't let this be a gears BC codes situation

Maps looking great, like they really understood what made Gears maps when they were making them. I only hope we do get one or two asymmetrical maps to mix things up. Maybe an Escalation remake, even though I'm seemingly the only one that likes that map.

So, UK account here, first day owner of Ultimate Edition, I played the game before april 12. Am I supposed to receive an email with the download code for the beta? Nothing received yet.
Any UK players out there that have received the email? Or is it supposed to be a message on my console?

Eos

So, UK account here, first day owner of Ultimate Edition, I played the game before april 12. Am I supposed to receive an email with the download code for the beta? Nothing received yet.
Any UK players out there that have received the email? Or is it supposed to be a message on my console?

they'll be sending xbox messages

Strootman

They will start sending codes at 5pm in UK.

leeh

never understood why. if you're getting melee'd it's your own damn fault.
I don't think its the point of being melee'd rather the fact of that you have no time to re-act. Due to when you stumble and the opposing player can gib you straight away.

nOoblet16

never understood why. if you're getting melee'd it's your own damn fault.

Yea and as such they lose most of their health if they get melee'd, and isn't that enough ? The very fact that you can put in a few random bullets and then melee to down them makes melee very powerful as it is.

But stun locking a full health enemy, so that you can get a free shot after a melee now that is a bit too much. 2 piece stun lock was removed from Gears 2 itself, you've had 8 years to accommodate yourself with it.

Strootman

Didn't they announce this a week or so ago with the catch that the new maps would be on a rotation, knocking others out of play? And that you need to buy them for use in private matches? Seemed pretty dumb and questionable.

I still don't get how this rotation works.

German Gears Fans going berserk because of the Beta Code issue.
Well done Xbox Germany...

In what way? That Xbox Germany cant read the Clock?

Besides that nobody could complain about a code because no one so far got one.

But i know what you mean. German Page said Midnight, and still nothing up to this time lol...

SwolBro

Banned
I don't think its the point of being melee'd rather the fact of that you have no time to re-act. Due to when you stumble and the opposing player can gib you straight away.

well, they could have balanced it more.... i mean, they left in that ridiculous grenade wall tag

you've had 8 years to accommodate yourself with it.

Not about that. 2 piecing was an art, and it was enjoyable. They could have continued with it in a form where it wasn't overpowered with server connections (2 piecing was never a certainty on P2P) and made it another form of a dual.

nOoblet16

well, they could have balanced it more.... i mean, they left in that ridiculous grenade wall tag

Not about that. 2 piecing was an art, and it was enjoyable. They could have continued with it in a form where it wasn't overpowered with server connections (2 piecing was never a certainty on P2P) and made it another form of a dual.
Art what? You are certainly in the extreme minority if you think two piecing was enjoyable.

The very fact that you got stun locked and couldn't even move is why two piecing was a problem in Gears 1. It was always a certainty in Gears 1, even with lag. I used to play Gears 1 from India with 250-300ms of latency (almost always 1 bar connections) and the only reason why I was still able to get kills outside of the random hits was two piecing which worked every single time, it was the only way for me to play a game because how ridiculously easy it was to get kills in that manner than doing anything else despite the high latency. Infact, you had to be quite terrible to miss two piecing in Gears 1 despite the lag.

You can still melee and shotgun someone, you've always been able to even in Gears 2, Gears 3 and Judgement. The only difference is that your enemy doesn't gets stun locked for you to land a free shot. You wanna use your art go ahead, but you don't get a free shot just because you landed a melee hit. If it really was suppose to work that way then melee would have been a one hit kill.

Top Bottom