• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 Beta |OT| Hello Chainsaw My Old Friend, I've Come To Rev You Up Again

This is from Gears mod team

"Please keep in mind that's a pre-alpha build, the beta is not a marketing demo. The Beta's purpose is to test the MP and gather feedback. The beta will likely be rough around the edges – mechanically & graphically. It is not a finished product, the games full release is 6 months away.

Please keep threads constructive - 'it looks like gears 3' simply isnt. Feel free to use the sticky at the top (features thread) to discuss today's info release.

Please don't keep opening threads that have been already closed..

Locking, multiple threads of same topic."

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums...-3/e437727e-c70c-4e21-8e1d-36c65e7df6de/posts

Still, they should know that most people will criticize the graphics regardless, even knowing that its an "actual" beta.

Still, they should know that most people will criticize the graphics regardless, even knowing that its an "actual" beta.

I seriously question people on forums who can't figure this type of stuff out. I can understand your every day customer questioning it, but people who visit forums everyday on the other hand should be a little more aware.....

Regardless, Im very passionate about Gears and I want to actually help make the launch as good as it possibly can be with balance and tweaks. With every Gears game, we have to fight and argue on the forums to get them to tweak certain things. Example being Smoke stun granades in Gears 2, or the Sawed-Off in Gears 3. Right now i think the hot topic will be the new Active Reload system as I dont see that making it to final release. Ill be very surprised if the Gears community accepts it.

Loomba

Regardless, Im very passionate about Gears and I want to actually help make the launch as good as it possibly can be with balance and tweaks. With every Gears game, we have to fight and argue on the forums to get them to tweak certain things. Example being Smoke stun granades in Gears 2, or the Sawed-Off in Gears 3. Right now i think the hot topic will be the new Active Reload system as I dont see that making it to final release. Ill be very surprised if the Gears community accepts it.

Their justification was "It's silly watching players shoot into walls for active".

And their solution was to make the whole clip an active instead, mind boggling.

They should take it out - along with the wall tagging and screen blood splatter.

aBarreras

Their justification was "It's silly watching players shoot into walls for active".

And their solution was to make the whole clip an active instead, mind boggling.

They should take it out - along with the wall tagging and screen blood splatter.

if you active reload and you didnt shoot any of you active bullets you cant active reload for about 10 to 15 seconds, this gonna make players save the active reload for they gonna fight, instead of having it "just in case"

bakeray

Hoping I get my code today, I could binge on some Gears. I remember the GoW 3 Beta fiasco where you could get in with the unsigned app via USB. I downloaded that shit to usb immediately and distributed to all my friends and we had a crew pwning for days lol.

I seriously question people on forums who can't figure this type of stuff out. I can understand your every day customer questioning it, but people who visit forums everyday on the other hand should be a little more aware.....

I agree but in their defense, a lot of "betas" come out and we're always told the same story that its not final and such and then most of the games end up looking very much like those betas. I know this case might be different with it being 6 months before release and not the normal beta/demo 2 weeks. I can understand why people jump to conclusions quickly.

I just want some hammerburst impressions.

Hammerburst was really good in Gears1 though it was probably the most unused gun in the game. The three round burst with hip fire + the danger of melee was very good. It was also very good in active.

Very glad to see them go back to 3 round burst personally as i liked it more than the semi-auto.

very interested to see it in Gears4 later today (hopefully)

Moofers

I'm not sure why I'm even anticipating my invite so much. I'm a horde player, not really PvP. I played a shit ton of PvP in the Gears 1 days but once Horde came around I discovered my true calling. lol

Plus I didn't buy/play UE until March so I'm probably getting an invite the day before it goes open to all. Oh well. Still hyped and excited to at least see what the next Gears will feel like. :)

Hammerburst was really good in Gears1 though it was probably the most unused gun in the game. The three round burst with hip fire + the danger of melee was very good. It was also very good in active.

Very glad to see them go back to 3 round burst personally as i liked it more than the semi-auto.

very interested to see it in Gears4 later today (hopefully)

The Gears 1 HB was a two-piece machine. It just wasn't all that powerful for it's slower ROF. We already know it's going to be a Gnasher fest so with the reduction in stopping power I'm hoping they give the Gears 4 HB some power.

Luq

It plays the same, looks the same as previous entries.

It's not a bad thing, since 60 fps is really stable for me, but there will be tons of people complaning

The Gears 1 HB was a two-piece machine. It just wasn't all that powerful for it's slower ROF. We already know it's going to be a Gnasher fest so with the reduction in stopping power I'm hoping they give the Gears 4 HB some power.

Assault Rifles are suppose to be better than Gears1 right? Like a mix between Gears 1 and 3?

Im fine with that, as long as it isnt brain dead rushdown running through everything like Gears1.

It plays the same, looks the same as previous entries.

It's not a bad thing, since 60 fps is really stable for me, but there will be tons of people complaning

It does definitely not play the same. It might look like it does on the surface, but the new features will really change things up.

Assault Rifles are suppose to be better than Gears1 right? Like a mix between Gears 1 and 3?

Im fine with that, as long as it isnt brain dead rushdown running through everything like Gears1.

That works for me. In Gears 3 I almost felt sorry for people on Sandbar if you captured the top portion. You could just mow everyone down while they scurried for power weapons out on the beach.

I just don't want it reverting back to the Gears 1 days when you had to have at least 3 of you focus fire on someone going for a power weapon because the rifles were so weak and the opponent was probably weapon sliding it anyway.

IT'S A BETA, FOR FUCKS SAKE!

They want to test their new game mode and see how it's accepted!

you wanna calm down there? am i not meant to be surprised that the game mode that defined gears of war is not in gears of war beta?

TDM and Dodgeball only. For the beta that is. Execution/Warzone are modes that have declined big time since TDM was introduced in Gears 3. The new Dodgeball mode should hopefully change that.

Yeah sucks this is the case on UE aswell, hope dodgeball is good

That works for me. In Gears 3 I almost felt sorry for people on Sandbar if you captured the top portion. You could just mow everyone down while they scurried for power weapons out on the beach.

I just don't want it reverting back to the Gears 1 days when you had to have at least 3 of you focus fire on someone going for a power weapon because the rifles were so weak and the opponent was probably weapon sliding it anyway.

Yeah, they just need to find the right balance for it. In my opinion Gears3 was much better than Gears1 though.

From what my friend told me, the assault rifles work a little different in this game. Headshots do more damage, but if you shoot them in the legs while roadie running it does less damage but gives more stopping power. Or something like that.

Yeah, they just need to find the right balance for it. In my opinion Gears3 was much better than Gears1 though.

From what my friend told me, the assault rifles work a little different in this game. Headshots do more damage, but if you shoot them in the legs while roadie running it does less damage but gives more stopping power. Or something like that.

I dig that. I'd love more strategy when it comes to shot placement like that.

Huh, I haven't heard that before. Sounds like a good compromise.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Bet I will have to wait till the 24th because my first game was in March =(...I only have time to play during the week and am going to have wait till the open beta next week aren't I?...I hate waves.

Just sitting here ... snips

image.php

Top Bottom