• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
After finishing the campaign, dabbling in horde and doing some multi, I just wanted to stress how accurate the OP title is. If I didn't know and you told me Epic made this game, I would've believed it. I didn't think the campaign was as strong as some other entries in the series, but through and through this feels like a Gears game.

Now I'm just looking forward to playing in co-op once the game releases.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Not long now.

drSsoLI.gif

Nv3fynX.gif

h0yblV5.gif

I'd like to hear some opinions on the sound of the guns, especially the lancer and gnasher. From what I've played in the beta, they sounded really underwhelming compared to previous titles. Did that change in the final game?

So those playing on PC, are you going mouse/keyboard or controller? I can't make up my mind. I usually go with mouse/keyboard for any shooter, but I'm so damn used to playing the Gears series with a controller.

I'm going to play with a controller and not just any controller but a dual Shock 4 lol

I know people haven't gotten the game yet but how important is it for me to play the previous games? I've never played any of the GoW series and only recently got an xbox.

no need, really, the story is kind of cheesy. there are videos on YouTube summarizing the plot in few minutes.

Ah ok but will I still be able to get all the cool plot points in 4? I was gonna try to buy someone's code for 1, 2, 3 and judgment and play those first.

I don't know if I could sit through all 4 games on YouTube just watching.

vort3x

Can anyone comment on the surround sound? In the beta the surround sound was horrendous. Hearing guns across map next to you and vice versa. Also footsteps were just all over the place. Has that been improved?

robatw

"Try again later. Something happened on our end"

I cannot preload my ultimate edition. I did the wsreset and went to "my library" to load it from there. i just doesn't work.

can you guys help me?

dLMN8R

"Try again later. Something happened on our end"

I cannot preload my ultimate edition. I did the wsreset and went to "my library" to load it from there. i just doesn't work.

can you guys help me?

The specific set of steps is:

1) Load the bundle page in the store (ultimate edition bundle or standard edition preorder bundle
2) From that page, go to My Library
3) Then click download from My Library

If that doesn't work, please run wscollect from the start menu and send me the file it puts on your desktop.

robatw

I wanna play this game tomorrow on my xbox one and pc at the same time (coop with a friend). i need a different gamertag on my xbox right? (to play with the same copy)

do i need xbox live gold for that? if yes. can someone spare a code or somtheing? would appreciate that.

JimiNutz

Banned
Fuck the hype has got to me.
I'm just sitting at work refreshing this thread and reading various Gears 4 reviews.

Fucking sucks that I'm away this whole weekend otherwise I'd be playing this non stop. Tuesday seems so far away!

splattered

Mistakes in the OT...

Also why does it say the collector's edition includes the statue only? I picked the Outsider variant up from Amazon and it says it includes the steel book and season pass?

Nere

Might be a stupid question because I haven't followed the game but will affect my purchase decision. Can you play split screen horde on the same computer?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Can someone direct me on how to buy from the Singapore store and how many € will that be?

Standard http://xbox-store-checker.com/en/game/compare/Gears-of-War-4-Pre-Order/9nblggh4rq6d

Ultimate http://xbox-store-checker.com/en/game/compare/Gears-of-War-4-Ultimate-Edition-Pre-Order/9nblggh4t8z9

In Xbox store on Singapore it say it's coming on the 10. I was on the UE

Shows this for me.

"Release date: 06/10/2016, 5:00:00 PM"

Cartho

Pre ordered today, not the UE though so I'll be waiting till Tuesday. Def up for some co-op / horse with GAFers though - Xbox GT is CarthOhNoes. U.K. Time, hit me up!

Top Bottom