• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

I won't be picking this up since I don't have a X1 or PC so I'm trying to find a streamer that will be going through the story.

rrc1594

Has anyone brought it from Singapore.? I want to buy right now but it's saying it's release is the 10th for UE.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to playing this tomorrow!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Some more clips I've gif'd.
Looks like Carmine is in.

KqWSI89.gif

uVlZGQY.gif

s9GhpFg.gif

do u think it will never come to pc? if i buy it here, can i play on pc and not with the console?

http://www.abcdkey.com/Xbox-Live/Ge...m&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=allkeyshop

Don't buy that. It's for an account, the owner could revoke your access any time.

Can someone please test if you can do co-op with one copy on both PC and X1?

I know split screen is there but I have a gaming PC and X1, so if you can have one copy played on both systems at once, I'd do it it that way.

Some people seemed to think it would be possible last week possibly.

I doubt it. FH3 allows me to play one version at the time. I doubt that Gears, or any other XPA game for that matter, will be different.

There was a thread last week where people were discussing how you could do some sort of home sharing thing to get around it possibly?

Caayn

There was a thread last week where people were discussing how you could do some sort of home sharing thing to get around it possibly?
Holy crap. That works.

When I start the game on my PC and start it with another account on my (home) XB1 it'll start on both machines without a problem.

Holy crap. That works.

When I start the game on my PC and start it with another account on my (home) XB1 it'll start on both machines without a problem.

So it's possible? Can you try a co-op campaign with it quickly?

And if that works would you mind doing a step by step guide for me? I've never done any of this sharing stuff before.

My partner and I would be muchos grateful :)

robatw

Holy crap. That works.

the thing is. if you want to play coop then. do you need a seperate xbox gold membership for that new profile on the one?

asked that before but nobody answered

Zedox

User A: Buy game digitally.
User A: Home Xbox has Gears installed
User A: Signs in and plays Gears on PC.
User B: Signs in on Home Xbox that has Gears installed and plays Gears on Xbox.

Co-op through Xbox Live.

So hyped! The hardest part is deciding what mode to play first. Champaign, Warzone, Horde. I'm torn!
GT: LuvOfThaGame
Club: MaDWorLD

User A: Buy game digitally.
User A: Home Xbox has Gears installed
User A: Signs in and plays Gears on PC.
User B: Signs in on Home Xbox that has Gears installed and plays Gears on Xbox.

Co-op through Xbox Live.

How do you assign an Xbox One as a "home" console?

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
I doubt it. FH3 allows me to play one version at the time. I doubt that Gears, or any other XPA game for that matter, will be different.

With FH3 if my son logs me into an xbox then switches to his account he can play FH3 while I play it on PC. It only becomes an issue if he tries to play using my account on the XB1 at the same time. I would imagine GOW4 works the same way
if someone wants to buy it for me I'll test it out :D.

Technically 3 people could play with one game purchase:

1 on PC
1 on XB1 with my a/c logged in but using someone else's account.
1 on XB1 which is set to my home XB1, my account does not need to be logged in, anyone can play games I own on that console.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
the thing is. if you want to play coop then. do you need a seperate xbox gold membership for that new profile on the one?

asked that before but nobody answered

I'm not entirely sure how it works but I think if the Xbox is set to Home and it has an account on the console which has Gold then any other accounts can take advantage of the Gold benefits.

Settings - Personalisation - My home Xbox

(You can only do this 3 times a year so don't go deactivating it and stuff)

Zedox

Turn on Xbox.
Sign into your account.
Go to Settings -> Personalization -> My Home Xbox
Click "Make this my Home Xbox"
------------------------------------------------------

JoJo UK said:
1 on PC
1 on XB1 with my a/c logged in but using someone else's account.
1 on XB1 which is set to my home XB1, my account does not need to be logged in, anyone can play games I own on that console

That's correct. I'm not sure if you start playing that it logs you out of Xbox console if you start playing on PC, I don't think it does but yes, you are correct.

Flux

And to add what the other post stated, our first Xbox One is probably already set to home by default. The home Xbox has all the priviledges as your Main Xbox Live account (Gold, and other subscriptions like EA acces, etc)

And don't go messing around flipping between your set home console. I did it stupidly and ended up physically rearranging the consoles to my liking.

hwalker84

So it's possible? Can you try a co-op campaign with it quickly?

And if that works would you mind doing a step by step guide for me? I've never done any of this sharing stuff before.

My partner and I would be muchos grateful :)

Here's how game sharing works.

sammyCYBORG has a Xbox and PC
sammyCYBORG is the owner/Home Xbox and Signed into the PC as sammyCYBORG
sammyCYBORG buys Gears
sammyCYBORG now owns Gears on Xbox, PC, and ANY account signed into the Home Xbox now has access to Gears
sammyCYBORG signed into Xbox Live and Gears on Xbox and PC at the same time should be no bueno
sammyCYBORG on PC then ANY other account on the Xbox not named sammyCYBORG should be able to play no issue.

Theorry

Watching a stream for a little bit. And holy crap Act 1 end is a great idea.

Horde mode in the Campaign.

Turn on Xbox.
Sign into your account.

That's correct. I'm not sure if you start playing that it logs you out of Xbox console if you start playing on PC, I don't think it does but yes, you are correct.

And to add what the other post stated, our first Xbox One is probably already set to home by default. The home Xbox has all the priviledges as your Main Xbox Live account (Gold, and other subscriptions like EA acces, etc)

And don't go messing around flipping between your set home console. I did it stupidly and ended up physically rearranging the consoles to my liking.

Here's how game sharing works.

sammyCYBORG has a Xbox and PC
sammyCYBORG is the owner/Home Xbox and Signed into the PC as sammyCYBORG
sammyCYBORG buys Gears
sammyCYBORG now owns Gears on Xbox, PC, and ANY account signed into the Home Xbox now has access to Gears
sammyCYBORG signed into Xbox Live and Gears on Xbox and PC at the same time should be no bueno
sammyCYBORG on PC then ANY other account on the Xbox not named sammyCYBORG should be able to play no issue.
Thank you all :)

Zedox

I have enjoyed all of Microsoft's 1st party AAA titles this year that I bought, I doubt that I'll be disappointed in Gears. I haven't bought Forza Horizon 3, but I am enjoying FH through BC and GWG.

Only one more game left for me this year, Titanfall 2. So I gotta Gears myself out until then.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Turn on Xbox.
Sign into your account.

When I tested it didn't log me out of the console however it would throw up an error if I tried to launch FH3 on the console while running on PC 'you are logged in elsewhere' or something like that. It looks like PC 'trumps' console however as IIRC you could launch the game on PC and it would close the game on XB1.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The game is so impressive, even if it wasn't a first brand new effort from the team. So much put into this first title, especially Horde 3.0 which I honestly didn't expext until the next title. They get the fundamentals of Gears, and they get the fundamentals of excellent multiplayer too. Right down to their microtransactions, where MP games can go wrong, they nailed it. We can all get exactly what we want for free with scrap, and can choose to spend actual money if we wanted to. No one who just plays online has to buy the maps, only the hardcore like me that will play privately. Twenty four maps is a hell of a lot of content, not even the new weapon skins and characters that will surely come.

They got this release versiob to where it is with community feedback and will continue to do so. I have no worries with weapon balance and map rotation online due to their stance on this. All that is left is the community to buy, play and support the game, The Coalition did their part in my book.

People back then were saying that they didn't like that the game was based on Gears 3. For me, right along with the bews of Rod coming back, this was the best news as it was all I wanted. Gears 3 nailed the gameplay, and I just wanted Gears 4 to grow off of that base.

Gears is back, and it feels good. All I need is an Elite controller and I'm good.

In Rod We Trust

hkjKJVN.png

Oh that's good, hahaha!

Zedox

When I tested it didn't log me out of the console however it would throw up an error if I tried to launch FH3 on the console while running on PC 'you are logged in elsewhere' or something like that. It looks like PC 'trumps' console however as IIRC you could launch the game on PC and it would close the game on XB1.

Yea, you can't play the same game in two places as yourself. But because u have access to your library when signed in, others can play your games.

Hobiologe

I bought the Ultimate Edition in the Hong Kong store for - converted - 80 USD and will be able to play it in less than 3 hours.

tumblr_mkxnewxFa11qzfjkho1_400.gif

Caprica Orange

Neo Member
No way to let my PC think its in the NZ zone? Like setting my account location to NZ? Or maybe in combination with a VPN through NZ? Just hoping I could play the game today, got a loooooong work day tomorrow and I'm actually a bit hyped, first time in years!

B00TE

Taking care of my dad who just got home from surgery to remove some cancer they caught really early (luckily) and the first thing he asks when he sees me is what time can we play Gears tonight, lol.

Theorry

No way to let my PC think its in the NZ zone? Like setting my account location to NZ? Or maybe in combination with a VPN through NZ? Just hoping I could play the game today, got a loooooong work day tomorrow and I'm actually a bit hyped, first time in years!

Nah doesnt work. Its a linked towards wich store you bought it on. :)

Top Bottom