• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears Of War: Judgment (People Can Fly + Epic) Revealed

derFeef

I really hope they make it a litte crazier, and maybe faster too? Not sure, but gunplay needs a little spice-up.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I haven't played 3 yet but I liked Baird the most out of the squad in 1&2. With this being developed by People Can Fly I'm very interested. Hope there's a 360 price drop at E3 so I can finally nab one.

Most likely Fall 2013

Xbox 360 Swan Song The console started with gears when you think about it and it would be a great way to end it.

If this looks like Gears 3 it will be breath taking.

Halo 4 and Gears J really pushing the console hardware as its kicked out the door.

-PXG-

This the Halo Reach of Gears, except people won't be pissed off at the devs for throwing in the kitchen sink and fucking things up.

Epic/ PCF will do it right. They'll bring in new ideas correctly and still stay true to the DNA of Gears.

Believe.

I suspect it will be on UE3, but on both the 360 and 720 if it's Fall 2013.

Then Epic will focus on selling a UE4 game from Raleigh on 720 in Fall 2014.

I was thinking the same thing actually. 360 version on the latest UE3 and Durango version on UE4. But that would be such a bitch to develop. They would literally be making two games at once. It's not like they'd be porting it. This isn't like the Wii versus the Gamecube. Putting Twlight Princess on both systems probably wasn't that hard. But 360 versus the Durango and two different engines. Good lord...

I doubt it though. Then again, it would be nice. Seeing Gears on a new engine would be incredible.

TheOddOne

This the Halo Reach of Gears, except people won't be pissed off at the devs for throwing in the kitchen sink and fucking things up.

Epic/ PCF will do it right. They'll bring in new ideas correctly and still stay true to the DNA of Gears.

Believe.
Geez, don't jinx this already bro.

-PXG-

Geez, don't jinx this already bro.

Armor locks and jet packs son.

Seriously...what was Bungie thinking? It's like they just threw in every idea they've ever come up with, but never put in the previous Halo games. Things get scrapped and pushed aside for a reason...

Epic better not do something equally as ridiculous.

I want this to be the ODST of Gears, aka my favourite Halo :)

You sure are not happy with anything MS does.

YES!

YES! This.

2San

My body is not ready. :O I was honestly thinking the next Gears would be Next Gen.

I'll take it if the Gnasher and the wall sliding/canceling mechanics are still in the game.

A new Gears that stars my two favorite characters?

It's like a dream come true.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot People Can Fly are developing it. Even better.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I was thinking the same thing actually. 360 version on the latest UE3 and Durango version on UE4. But that would be such a bitch to develop. They would literally be making two games at once. It's not like they'd be porting it. This isn't like the Wii versus the Gamecube. Putting Twlight Princess on both systems probably wasn't that hard. But 360 versus the Durango and two different engines. Good lord...

I doubt it though. Then again, it would be nice. Seeing Gears on a new engine would be incredible.

Oh no, sorry, I meant that the 720 version would also be UE3 for this game, just turned up visually a la Samaritan, whereas Epic's new IP is UE4 from the ground up for the new system.

-PXG-

My body is not ready. :O I was honestly thinking the next Gears would be Next Gen.

I'll take it if the Gnasher and the wall sliding/canceling mechanics are still in the game.

Better be still in it. About time Epic embraced it in Gears 3.

Oh no, sorry, I meant that the 720 version would also be UE3 for this game, just turned up visually a la Samaritan, whereas Epic's new IP is UE4 from the ground up for the new system.

About to say. No way there would be a UE4 version of this game. That's an unrealistic undertaking.

2San

Better be still in it. About time Epic embraced it in Gears 3.
Should be fine, especially with PCF developing it, they seem to prefer the more speedy skill based gameplay.
cross platform MP would be megaton. multiplat doesn't seem too surprising at this point.
Would love this honestly, Gears is the only reason I'm still so loyal to MS. Though I really like Halo too, but I'm sure Bungie's new title can fill that void.

If this is fall 2013 for Xbox 360, well, that would make a real awkward Xbox 720(or whatever the fuck) launch... It's got to be sooner....

April?

EDIT: Or the next Xbox even further off then 2013.

-PXG-

cross platform MP would be megaton. multiplat doesn't seem too surprising at this point.

I wonder if Epic's exclusive publishing contract (if there is one) expired yet for the Gears franchise. If such a thing existed, did they renew it? If not...oh damn...

Then again, MS is probably offering too much money for Epic to turn down.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, what an awesome bait and switch. Well done, Game Informer.

I want this to be the ODST of Gears, aka my favourite Halo :).

This guy gets it. Hope it's open world, doubt it is but I'll keep hoping until confirmed otherwise.

Slightly disappointed it doesn'ttake place during Emergence day, thought that would make for a great game. See event unfolds from different characters perspectives, similar to ODST.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
My guess is after the two-game deal Microsoft went ahead and made a more robust contract for future games.

I would say a lot of it also revolves around giving Epic more influence on what the next Xbox is like.

Epic makes Microsoft's second biggest franchise, powers about ~50% of their games next-gen judging by job postings, and is of course extremely widely used across the industry, so they get a ton of influence by sitting in this position.

I imagine this is part of why Crytek signed up for Ryse as well, even though it ended up with a studio falling of a cliff in the process.

TheOddOne

I would say a lot of it also revolves around giving Epic more influence on what the next Xbox is like.

Epic makes Microsoft's second biggest franchise, powers about ~50% of their games next-gen judging by job postings, and is of course extremely widely used across the industry, so they get a ton of influence by sitting in this position.

I imagine this is part of why Crytek signed up for Ryse as well, even though it ended up with a studio falling of a cliff in the process.
Yeah, agree that played/plays a big role too – A beneficial long term relationship indeed.

Top Bottom