• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Gold Member
Aww yea boys, I got in!

EsKVWf4.jpg

Pretty hyped to try it out, can't lie.

*edit*

Game's up, first 10 pull:
tvsa8PK.jpg

Damn that's 3 50/50s in a row that I've won. Things are looking good for my plans. Don't have time to play more right now but that's a good start.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Saw a video that makes her seem pretty viable as a main DPS, even at C0 using Widsith. I think you'll be happy to try that, Pejo Pejo .
You got a link? I'm highly interested.

I did the trials once each and pissed around with an un-ascended (due to the Chenyue Vale mats) CR, and I have to say she's really really fun. I slotted her in my Shenhe/Chongus/Furina team, replacing Jean, and I have been having a blast just beating up Hilichurls outside of Mondstadt. She doesn't max Furina's stacks as quickly as Jean does, but who cares. The plunge attacks actually give me something to do on Shenhe to reapply the VV effect and they do more damage than her charge attacks with all of the buffs combined. If only I didn't have to stay in Chongus' circle for the imbue. At any rate, it's never gonna be a meta comp, but it shakes up the moment to moment gameplay enough to have me excited. Also her traversal (even without C1 yet) feels fantastic and fluid. I just wish they'd let me use her skill while she's already in the air like Kaz, but I'm fairly certain she gets more distance and height than him, so it's kinda a fair trade without completely making him strictly inferior for traversal. It feels VERY fast to get from point A to point B now, regardless of the terrain, which is very cool. I might put Yelan back into the team comp replacing Furina again to see how that fares. Less freeze but more burst damage. I wish we had a 2nd Cryo imbue that wasn't Chongus' circle. Something that just imbues for the duration like Candace's Hydro infusion.

As loathe as I am to admit it, I also found Gaming's trial to be pretty fun. I bet a bunch of Xiao players are mad that they managed to find a way to make plunge characters actually fun to play. I'm not gonna rush out to build him or anything, but he's on my list now to eventually mess around with.

I also noticed that CR's splash isn't strictly a blowback. I don't know how to describe it right now. It definitely doesn't succ, but it doesn't send enemies flying away from each other either. I've had it knock surrounding hilichurls towards the one that the divebomb auto-targeted, so in honesty I'm not sure how the fuck it actually works. I was pleased to see it wasn't like Lisa's burst though, constantly pushing shit away.

Anyways, good shit so far. I hope they have some good stuff planned for Lantern Rite. I ignored the leaks about the story/event this year (and I didn't watch the special program), so I don't know what's coming. Gonna dig in to Chenyu Vale tonight to start getting CR mats.

2 reminders -

1. They added 5 more party slots, up to a total of 15 now. You go into the party menu and click the list view and then there's a way to add more team slots, they don't just put them in by default.
2. They added dynamic character model resolutions in this patch. It smooths out details and gives character models a some more polygons, but older machines apparently take a performance hit with it.
You can see an example of #2 here, it doesn't do a whole lot but look at Kirara's tails and how they're less hexagonal.
V4erXEn.jpeg

*edit*

08pt06m6aqfc1.jpeg

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Wait, the game is up already? I tried booting up the game and it was stuck on update, didn't even started.

I thought the game was down for that reason. Weird.

jonnyXx

Gold Member
The plunge attacks actually give me something to do on Shenhe to reapply the VV effect and they do more damage than her charge attacks with all of the buffs combined.
The VV user has to be on field to apply the effect, so Shenhe's plunge will trigger swirls but not the VV effect.
They added dynamic character model resolutions in this patch. It smooths out details and gives character models a some more polygons, but older machines apparently take a performance hit with it.
You can see an example of #2 here, it doesn't do a whole lot but look at Kirara's tails and how they're less hexagonal.
Yea this breaks all character skin mods but you can turn it off in the graphics settings.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
So I guess it's YaoYao's polearm then?
Looks like it would work well on Chevreuse too. But yeah, it's extremely similar to the craftable polearm.

She's also confirmed split scaling between ATK/DEF in her current form, so uh... oh boy.
That doesn't have to be bad. Means she can benefit from the many ATK buffs in the game. Noelle technically has split scaling too and she's semi-busted.

You got a link? I'm highly interested.

There's other examples out there too. Probably works best with Furina and Marechaussee Hunter, and of course Faruzan and Bennett are thrown in as well.

As loathe as I am to admit it, I also found Gaming's trial to be pretty fun.
Me too. Just pisses me off that the one time they release a fun to play 4-star with synergy with a new 5-star, they waste it on this ugly twink. I'm still holding on to my autistic obsession with waifus though.

I tried CR in the trial but couldn't get a good feel for her. The teams I'd want to run her in would be completely different. But I am pondering if I should try to get her anyway. I have so many primos and there's so few Anemo waifus in the game that she might still be a decent addition. I could try and turn her into a main DPS type thing and it'd probably be pretty fun. Would give me a reason to use Faruzan too. I noticed I had a boatload of CR's talent books just sitting around, so she'd be pretty cheap to build for me as well. I might go until pity and see if I can win the 50/50.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Had to do 83 pulls in my guaranteed pull in order to get her.

Then the weapon banner shafted me so fucking hard too.
That's my experience with this game in general. I keep reading that it takes 105 wishes on average to get a single copy of a 5-star. My account must be the exception then.

I caved and tried pulling for CR but lost to Qiqi at 83 wishes. Did a couple more ten pulls to see if I'd get an early 5-star but of course not. It got me so frustrated that I brute-forced it. Ended up costing a total ~160 wishes. There go my savings.

Initially I wasn't even happy that I got her, but my feelings of frustration have submerged. It's fun to jump all over the place so for exploration I'd say she's worth it. Still not sure how to use her in a team, but I'll figure something out.

Kinda annoying that I couldn't pre-farm so she's only level 70 right now. Those jade ores are pretty hard to get.

Pejo

Gold Member
The VV user has to be on field to apply the effect, so Shenhe's plunge will trigger swirls but not the VV effect.
Damn really? So Faruzan's Burst also doesn't reapply it? I've been using her completely wrong...
Yea this breaks all character skin mods but you can turn it off in the graphics settings.
Yea, sadly I saw that it breaks them too. Ah well, I think the characters look fine without it. Not worth the loss of mods if you use them.

Looks like it would work well on Chevreuse too. But yeah, it's extremely similar to the craftable polearm.
I think Favonius would probably still be better on Chev because her Burst kinda sucks (imo) so it's better to create particles for the rest of the party. Maybe they're making another Polearm healer for Natlan or something. Since we finally got to use that Enkanomiya event Catalyst for budget support Cloud Retainer.
That doesn't have to be bad. Means she can benefit from the many ATK buffs in the game. Noelle technically has split scaling too and she's semi-busted.
I suppose. Let's hope the multipliers are there for it, since it's split.

Yea I don't hate that at all. I'm not super happy about it being locked into Xiao-tier toilet plunging, but those are respectable numbers. Wonder what I could do to replace Bennett. Maybe Zhongli for the omnishred?
Me too. Just pisses me off that the one time they release a fun to play 4-star with synergy with a new 5-star, they waste it on this ugly twink. I'm still holding on to my autistic obsession with waifus though.
I feel the same, no worries. At least it's better than releasing another Freminet who was released into a pretty terrible niche with an awful design and promptly forgotten by everybody.

Had to do 83 pulls in my guaranteed pull in order to get her.

Then the weapon banner shafted me so fucking hard too.

After this I don't even have the desire to play the game now.

Guess this is my queue to leave Genshin for a long period and just focus on Star Rail.
Sorry to hear about your luck, it does indeed feel terrible when RNG is against you.

I caved and tried pulling for CR but lost to Qiqi at 83 wishes. Did a couple more ten pulls to see if I'd get an early 5-star but of course not. It got me so frustrated that I brute-forced it. Ended up costing a total ~160 wishes. There go my savings.
Man that's how I felt last banner trying to get Chevreuse cons. I got to a point where I clearly should have stopped but got into rage pulling from all the Bennett dupes and shitty weapons. I deeply regret it now, but them's the breaks.
Initially I wasn't even happy that I got her, but my feelings of frustration have submerged. It's fun to jump all over the place so for exploration I'd say she's worth it. Still not sure how to use her in a team, but I'll figure something out.
Yea her and Yelan in the same team, I unlocked all of the visible teleport spots in Chenyu Vale in like 40 mins. It was actually really fun zipping around. I like those fish teleporters too, wish there were more of them spread around.
Kinda annoying that I couldn't pre-farm so she's only level 70 right now. Those jade ores are pretty hard to get.
Bro... I didn't look it up last night and found them first on the backs of those turtles, so I thought for like 90% of the night that they only spawned on turtles and I could only find like 5 of those fuckers.

Then I found a river basin that had ore just lining the river and felt like a huge dumbass.

When does the 4 star selector happen? Pretty sure I’m gonna pick Gaming just for his jump move lol he’ll be an over world character. Of course Xianyun would be better but damn, is she worth the grind? Pretty sure I have enough gems left in the game to go for her, just C0 but other then world/map stuff I don’t know…

Pejo

Gold Member
When does the 4 star selector happen? Pretty sure I’m gonna pick Gaming just for his jump move lol he’ll be an over world character. Of course Xianyun would be better but damn, is she worth the grind? Pretty sure I have enough gems left in the game to go for her, just C0 but other then world/map stuff I don’t know…
Chinese New year is in a few days, but then they usually progress lock it to having done most of the event first, so probably a week after CNY.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I think Favonius would probably still be better on Chev because her Burst kinda sucks (imo) so it's better to create particles for the rest of the party. Maybe they're making another Polearm healer for Natlan or something. Since we finally got to use that Enkanomiya event Catalyst for budget support Cloud Retainer.
Yeah her burst sucks, but at low cons you can only really use her as a support with Noblesse, so I have to use it for the ATK bonus.

Yea I don't hate that at all. I'm not super happy about it being locked into Xiao-tier toilet plunging, but those are respectable numbers. Wonder what I could do to replace Bennett. Maybe Zhongli for the omnishred?
Yelan's DMG bonus might also help. Or maybe any catalyst user with TTDS.

Man that's how I felt last banner trying to get Chevreuse cons. I got to a point where I clearly should have stopped but got into rage pulling from all the Bennett dupes and shitty weapons. I deeply regret it now, but them's the breaks.
Yeah that's rough. That one moment of weakness has some grave consequences. 4-stars are a trap. In that sense I got off relatively scot-free. I actually got a random Chev con in this pulling session. Not that C1 is that good.

Bro... I didn't look it up last night and found them first on the backs of those turtles, so I thought for like 90% of the night that they only spawned on turtles and I could only find like 5 of those fuckers.

Then I found a river basin that had ore just lining the river and felt like a huge dumbass.
Hah! Poor guy. From the pictures I'd seen, I thought they were lotus plants. Got a bit annoyed that I had to put a claymore char in my team to collect them. Pretty cute that some are embedded on the turtle shells though. Did you find the giant turtle at the northern tip of this region? You can get a couple there.

Chiori animations:
Gotta admit, that's pretty darn good. Probably one of the flashiest characters yet. Looks like those puppets are stationary. I imagined them to look more like creepy featureless mannequins.

I think I finally have my Raiden at decent level for now. Going to take a break and get a few other characters up to speed. She could be better, but this has been ripping enemies apart just fine lol

EMQSz0G.jpg

Electro DMG bonus 118.4%
4pc EoSF
C2 R1 she’s amazing.

I do wonder sometimes if Attack Goblet would be better, but the electro goblet gives 46% electro on its own and has better sub stats.

Now the plan is finish Thoma (C6) so him and Wrio and be best buds, then finish Jean and Bennett for Sunfire.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Yeah her burst sucks, but at low cons you can only really use her as a support with Noblesse, so I have to use it for the ATK bonus.
Good point. I have just been using her as a generic healer with Pyro application, which isn't her best use, admittedly. Boy was it nice to use those Maiden Beloved artifacts on SOMETHING though.
Yelan's DMG bonus might also help. Or maybe any catalyst user with TTDS.
Yea I have a lot of playing around to do with that team. I would LOVE to get rid of Chongus, but he's the only thing that allows for Shenhe to actually do respectable DPS to begin with. As a physical DPS character, she's worse than Rosaria/Razor (and probably Femininet), so she absolutely needs that imbue. Shame her C6 doesn't give her imbue on skill usage. I feel like a modern designed Shenhe would definitely have that as her C6.
Hah! Poor guy. From the pictures I'd seen, I thought they were lotus plants. Got a bit annoyed that I had to put a claymore char in my team to collect them. Pretty cute that some are embedded on the turtle shells though. Did you find the giant turtle at the northern tip of this region? You can get a couple there.
I got CR to 60 tonight. I probably need to use the interactive map to find all of the ore to ascend her. I did find the turtle you were talking about after you mentioned it, though. Cool easter egg. If you touch his head, he leads you to a Luxurious chest. I still can't find a good source of those ore on my own. I hate using guides/maps, but for something as mundane as farming for materials, I can make an exception.

Also, Eula absolutely obliterates that new dragon/cat boss for CR's materials. Sometimes I can even beat him before he imbues water if I get lucky on a crit. I'm always happy when there's a boss I can use her on. Furina's bubbleman material boss was pretty good for her too, when he wasn't warping around and moving out of the way of her burst bomb.
Gotta admit, that's pretty darn good. Probably one of the flashiest characters yet. Looks like those puppets are stationary. I imagined them to look more like creepy featureless mannequins.
Yea, I'm taking losses against MHY twice today, once on Gaming, once on Chiori. Her animations look fantastic. She's very much Geo Alhaitham, but with pets. Regardless, yea, I like her and I'll be at least rolling 1 copy. Still kinda pissed you gotta C2 her to make her universal though.

*edit*

yd53mGm.gif

Last edited:

jonnyXx

Gold Member
I think I finally have my Raiden at decent level for now. Going to take a break and get a few other characters up to speed. She could be better, but this has been ripping enemies apart just fine lol

EMQSz0G.jpg

Electro DMG bonus 118.4%
4pc EoSF
C2 R1 she’s amazing.

I do wonder sometimes if Attack Goblet would be better, but the electro goblet gives 46% electro on its own and has better sub stats.

Now the plan is finish Thoma (C6) so him and Wrio and be best buds, then finish Jean and Bennett for Sunfire.
Damn you managed a fairly good crit ratio for such high ER.

Pejo

Gold Member
Kinda wish they'd have left the little cloth hooks below the neck on the chest part. It's swappable though.
65bbe20ddbbe8.jpg

65bb78368c0e3.jpg

*edit*

Genshin still not able to be beat in revenue.
eWS9RWt.jpg

I mean we all know why it did so well in January though. Yoimillions of dollars.
FIJndaGUUAQjY65.jpg

Last edited:

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Seems the calls for boycotting Genshin went nowhere:

bSpK3L3.png

Xianyun and Nahida's banners have achieved highest revenue ever for day one. You might think most players spend their wishes on Nahida's banner, but apparently even that isn't true. Of course this data is limited and perhaps not fully trustworthy, and it's been only a single day, but it sends a message to MHY that they can do whatever they want and they'll be rewarded for it.

Pejo

Gold Member
Seems the calls for boycotting Genshin went nowhere:
I didn't even know there was a boycott. But yea, CNY patch with 2 very popular (female) characters and 2 higher effort skins, of course it was gonna do gangbusters. People like us that follow leaks and betas and kits are an absolute minority compared to the playerbase at large. I've played Co-Op enough to know that reducing Cloud Retainer's gather in the beta has at no point been near their brains. And when they see 3 wishes, they're like "oh cool" and move on.
Xianyun and Nahida's banners have achieved highest revenue ever for day one. You might think most players spend their wishes on Nahida's banner, but apparently even that isn't true. Of course this data is limited and perhaps not fully trustworthy, and it's been only a single day, but it sends a message to MHY that they can do whatever they want and they'll be rewarded for it.
Yea, Genshin somehow created the perfect customer. They will fight tooth and nail for MHY, for free, against their own benefit.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I didn't even know there was a boycott.
It was mostly a YT thing, with some content creators calling for players to stop spending until their complaints were addressed. Probably wouldn't have an effect on CN sales, but apparently they were pissed too.

But yea, CNY patch with 2 very popular (female) characters and 2 higher effort skins, of course it was gonna do gangbusters. People like us that follow leaks and betas and kits are an absolute minority compared to the playerbase at large. I've played Co-Op enough to know that reducing Cloud Retainer's gather in the beta has at no point been near their brains. And when they see 3 wishes, they're like "oh cool" and move on.
Yep, most players (including myself tbh) are easily swayed when shiny toys are placed in front of them and forget about all the other stuff. And then there's the huge group of casuals who don't even understand any of the stuff people are complaining about. There's just enough ambiguity that they can keep sweeping things under the rug.

Pejo

Gold Member
Artifacts so far
EeO5o0d.jpg
You should check https://enka.network/
If you have your in game profile set to public, it will display all of your stats/artifacts for a character in your showcase in a neat graphic that you can share:
6bMVsNL.png

So InterMusketeer InterMusketeer The bit that they left out of that last event polearm leak is that the main stat is HP. New budget Zhongli spear. Probably "ok" for Candace too if you only care about her Burst.
ydwfpgwjpzfc1.jpeg

Pejo

Gold Member
Man, Chenyu Vale is so much better than the rest of Liyue, it's almost insulting. That's why I was always a bit surprised that they blew their "not-China" nation load so early in the game, before they had the coffers and the experience to really make it good. As it stands, Liyue is my least favorite nation because of how boring it was, but the underground area of Chasm and now Chenyu Vale have really brought it up to match the others. Chenyu also has stuff hidden every-fucking-where. It's very dense with activities and they start in unexpected ways sometimes. Really feels good to just explore around and check stuff out yourself. Got Cloud Retainer to 70 so far, it'll be another 2 days until I get enough ore for the rest, unless I start joining other people's world and sniping their jade.

I hope Mondstadt gets a few upgraded areas too. We know they had plans for Port Dormann or whatever, and I'm still unsure if the Dandelion Sea is an actual place or a myth/legend. I still have a theory that we're going to eventually go back in time to past Mondstadt eventually in the story, and it'll probably be similar land layouts but with all new puzzle types and improved traversal and stuff. Maybe all of the GAA islands will still be on top of the mountains before Venti yeeted them out into the ocean.

pnTYqaO.jpg

Last edited:

jonnyXx

Gold Member
Man, Chenyu Vale is so much better than the rest of Liyue, it's almost insulting. That's why I was always a bit surprised that they blew their "not-China" nation load so early in the game, before they had the coffers and the experience to really make it good. As it stands, Liyue is my least favorite nation because of how boring it was, but the underground area of Chasm and now Chenyu Vale have really brought it up to match the others. Chenyu also has stuff hidden every-fucking-where. It's very dense with activities and they start in unexpected ways sometimes. Really feels good to just explore around and check stuff out yourself. Got Cloud Retainer to 70 so far, it'll be another 2 days until I get enough ore for the rest, unless I start joining other people's world and sniping their jade.
Agreed, I'm really liking Chenyu Vale and already feel it's one of the best zones. The gorgeous vistas, the layout, all the traversal mechanics with adeptal energy, and the beautiful music. It's just been a pleasure to explore.

After the leak a while back talking about how future maps would be less like Sumeru and more like Fontaine I been afraid future zones would all be too flat and straight forward. I really hope that's not the case. Sure the Dumeru desert was a bit too labyrinthian at times but lets not overcorrect too much.

Pejo Pejo
Oh man thanks for the link, I was always wondering how people shared those images

Edit.
Had to use the site, so cool
My Wrio
btpbs3w.jpg

With Thoma barely built up he’s ridiculous and melts everything. I guess if I eventually get Shenhe that will complete the Wrio hyper team!

What’s. Crazy is the MH 4pc set gives like 36% crit… which puts him at 86%, I usually run Rosaria in freeze teams and he’s likely over 100. I’d actually like to lower his crit rate down to 40% and get him more crit damage, but even now he’s just absurd.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Pejo Pejo
Oh man thanks for the link, I was always wondering how people shared those images

Edit.
Had to use the site, so cool
My Wrio
btpbs3w.jpg

With Thoma barely built up he’s ridiculous and melts everything. I guess if I eventually get Shenhe that will complete the Wrio hyper team!

What’s. Crazy is the MH 4pc set gives like 36% crit… which puts him at 86%, I usually run Rosaria in freeze teams and he’s likely over 100. I’d actually like to lower his crit rate down to 40% and get him more crit damage, but even now he’s just absurd.
Very nice. I have barely touched my Wrio since getting him to 90. I don't particularly like the gain/lose HP mechanic but I think he's self sufficient to a point if you are using his charge attack, right? Anyways, nice numbers.

If you look at the little tick boxes at the bottom when you're looking at your character on there, there are options to hide your username/UID and to show all substats in the black bar at the bottom, etc.

Agreed, I'm really liking Chenyu Vale and already feel it's one of the best zones. The gorgeous vistas, the layout, all the traversal mechanics with adeptal energy, and the beautiful music. It's just been a pleasure to explore.
I'm surprised at the activity density. it's like every time I finish getting a chest, there's another puzzle/challenge/fight waiting right there for me. It's got a great flow. I have found so many weird things by just clicking every shiny thing I can find.
After the leak a while back talking about how future maps would be less like Sumeru and more like Fontaine I been afraid future zones would all be too flat and straight forward. I really hope that's not the case. Sure the Dumeru desert was a bit too labyrinthian at times but lets not overcorrect too much.
I think they hit a pretty good balance with underground areas in Chenyu. It's not a ton of them, and they're all pretty straightforward. I actually liked the underground desert stuff because of how expansive it was, but I get why a lot of people didn't like it. I wish we had the underground maps back when those all released, I think it would have been better.

In other news, I maxed out the Carp orb device tonight. It went really fast compared to other regions' 'tree' mechanic. I love the little feature that after you hit level 8, it will mark an unfound orb for you. Hope that's standard moving forward. It makes those last handful so much more palatable. I also got nostalgic when I ran into that single old Torch lighting puzzle. I brought my Amber out for old time's sake to light those shits. She's still got it.

That double Geovishap superboss was pretty entertaining. It had one of those HP link mechanics that if you don't kill them both within x seconds, the other one comes back to life. They had quite a bit of HP too. I also really liked the Guhua training grounds where they had the combat/dodging trials. I wish Abyss was more like that with secondary mechanics and mastery of overall combat instead of just inflating the enemy stats. It'd be so much more fun that way.

Kinda sad that I'm almost done with Chenyu though, I have been having a really good time there again. Probably most of it is that I really like my team now of Shenhe/Chongus/Yelan/Cloud Retainer. I pissed back and forth with Furina, but I hate dealing with the HP mechanic and it's nice to have an archer in the party for various reasons. That team is just really solid unless you fight anything with an ice shield. Great traversal too.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Here's my CR for now:
NBAxVbA.jpg

Was able to get her up to 90 by visiting a friend's world for the jade. The limiting factor now is Fontaine's weekly boss materials, which I've been using to crown Furina and Navia. Artifacts could use some optimizing too, but it's hard to find pieces that have enough ER. Not sure if an Anemo DMG goblet would be better, but I figured ATK% was better for the hybrid build I'm going for.

The team I've had most success with, is actually one with Navia doing the plunge attacks. There's some anti-synergy there because Anemo can't swirl Geo, but she deals tons of damage anyway and the plunging fits well with her quick shots and infusion. I tried Ayaka and Klee but didn't find them to be that satisfying. Maybe I should pull a copy of Hu Tao. I always thought C1 was too much of an investment, but that point is moot with Xianyun in the picture.

I also attempted to get C6 Faruzan. My initial pulling session left me with C5, and I know that final con is a huge damage boost. I'm also not expecting a great Chiori banner. But unfortunately I only got Noelle dupes. I don't dare to go any further. Oh well.

EDIT: Here's another new code for some mora and exp mats: FBYQA7X71H92

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Here's my CR for now:
NBAxVbA.jpg

Was able to get her up to 90 by visiting a friend's world for the jade. The limiting factor now is Fontaine's weekly boss materials, which I've been using to crown Furina and Navia. Artifacts could use some optimizing too, but it's hard to find pieces that have enough ER. Not sure if an Anemo DMG goblet would be better, but I figured ATK% was better for the hybrid build I'm going for.

The team I've had most success with, is actually one with Navia doing the plunge attacks. There's some anti-synergy there because Anemo can't swirl Geo, but she deals tons of damage anyway and the plunging fits well with her quick shots and infusion. I tried Ayaka and Klee but didn't find them to be that satisfying. Maybe I should pull a copy of Hu Tao. I always thought C1 was too much of an investment, but that point is moot with Xianyun in the picture.

I also attempted to get C6 Faruzan. My initial pulling session left me with C5, and I know that final con is a huge damage boost. I'm also not expecting a great Chiori banner. But unfortunately I only got Noelle dupes. I don't dare to go any further. Oh well.

EDIT: Here's another new code for some mora and exp mats: FBYQA7X71H92
I'm all for quirky teams, and I bet Navia plunge/shot is pretty satisfying, I might try it out later myself. Sucks about Faruzan, but I get it.

I really want to talk lore but I usually make my loreposts too early and nobody has read the story enough to have any discussion about it, so I'm holding off. One thing that I'm glad Chenyu storyline cleared up (that isn't spoiler material) is that Adepti is not a race of beings, it's just a title. I was under the impression that Adepti were animal/people hybrid things, but really it's just a term for a life form that's "adept" with the elements native to Teyvat that can meaningfully manipulate them. It's not quite right to call them demigods or something like that because they weren't born from the fusion of human/elemental energy, they just became adepti through various means.

I feel like in Chinese this fact was probably pretty clear from earlier chapters, but I'm glad they had the characters spell it out explicitly for us in English this time, because it was always kinda of nebulous about what they actually were before.

Last edited:
I'm all for quirky teams, and I bet Navia plunge/shot is pretty satisfying, I might try it out later myself. Sucks about Faruzan, but I get it.

I really want to talk lore but I usually make my loreposts too early and nobody has read the story enough to have any discussion about it, so I'm holding off. One thing that I'm glad Chenyu storyline cleared up (that isn't spoiler material) is that Adepti is not a race of beings, it's just a title. I was under the impression that Adepti were animal/people hybrid things, but really it's just a term for a life form that's "adept" with the elements native to Teyvat that can meaningfully manipulate them. It's not quite right to call them demigods or something like that because they weren't born from the fusion of human/elemental energy, they just became adepti through various means.

I feel like in Chinese this fact was probably pretty clear from earlier chapters, but I'm glad they had the characters spell it out explicitly for us in English this time, because it was always kinda of nebulous about what they actually were before.
Interesting about the Adepti, I always assumed they were just demi-god like beings. Hmmm, humans that are so in tune with the elements they can change into animals? Also from the cutscenes I’ve seen Xiao doesn’t seem
Human at all lol, isn’t he like fading in and out of existence constantly and has been alive for hundreds of years. If that’s not Demi god status what is ? lol

Edit
Pejo Pejo
My usual Wrio team was him, Yelan, Kokomi and Rosaria. And that was already pretty busted from a freeze perspective. Enemies that could be frozen basically didn’t ever get to move. Kokomi made sure Wrio was pretty much always full hp. Subbing Thoma (c6) for Rosaria is a direct dps upgrade for Wrio, since he does so many normal and charged attacks, and surprisingly still good at keeping enemies frozen, since all his “catalyst” attacks are Cryo.

And ya I’m familiar with how to play him, which I why I wanted his C1 so bad. He’s not putting how huge 6 digit numbers like other characters, but as far as actual damage per second, he has to be up there. Each punch doing 5-12k and the last couple seem to do a bit more then his charge finisher doing 30-40k and more.. I don’t know, I feel any where he can be used the fights just go so quickly. He kills everything so fast lol.

Double edit.
I might actually make a grind run for CR… I just really want another good map character. She seems too good for over world exploration and I will likely never pull for wanderer. Don’t need her weapon or any copies, just need 1 copy…. There’s time and I know I have enough gems left in game to do it, hmmmm

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Interesting about the Adepti, I always assumed they were just demi-god like beings. Hmmm, humans that are so in tune with the elements they can change into animals? Also from the cutscenes I’ve seen Xiao doesn’t seem
Human at all lol, isn’t he like fading in and out of existence constantly and has been alive for hundreds of years. If that’s not Demi god status what is ? lol
It's exactly opposite of what you're thinking. The human forms are almost always secondary to Adepti. They usually start out as regular elemental lifeforms and then gain the ability to manipulate energy to gain human forms. I don't think we've been shown yet exactly what Xiao's primary form was.

They fit on the standard demigod totem pole that their power is under gods, and they usually serve a god, but there was no mixing of human + god to create them, as in typical demigod lore. It's interesting that every nation has lore on this phenomenon but they all call it something different. In Enkanomiya terms, this would be like the dragon sovereign, or the vishaps that became part human.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Are there any Adepti in Liyue who don't have a contract with Zhongli? Ones who may even have different aims? I always just saw them as lackeys he created.

I've been limiting my time in Chenyun Vale. Of course I've done some puzzles and things as I explored, but I mostly just collected the materials I needed. I haven't started the story yet. Instead I resumed my artifacts runs in the overworld and started farming Specters for when Chiori comes out. I assume I'll try for her. So that's how I've been spending time with CR. I'm also holding back on doing the Abyss for now, until I can level her a bit more.

Pejo

Gold Member
Are there any Adepti in Liyue who don't have a contract with Zhongli? Ones who may even have different aims? I always just saw them as lackeys he created.
In short, yes. The CV storyline goes into detail about this exact thing. Story spoiler - Zhongli was battling the 'god' of Chenyu Vale during the Archon war, and the CV Adepti that we meet were her underlings. They kinda turned against her when she lost her mind trying to flood the vale and kill Zhongli and chose to try to save the humans living there. The 3 adepti that served her were Fujin (the main quest giver for the area), Lingyuang (the blue dragon/beast thing), and Herblord Changsheng (Baizhu's snake)
I've been limiting my time in Chenyun Vale. Of course I've done some puzzles and things as I explored, but I mostly just collected the materials I needed. I haven't started the story yet. Instead I resumed my artifacts runs in the overworld and started farming Specters for when Chiori comes out. I assume I'll try for her. So that's how I've been spending time with CR. I'm also holding back on doing the Abyss for now, until I can level her a bit more.
It was a lot more direct in the storytelling than most world quests. I assume the general playerbase will like this style a lot more. There also weren't as many "documents" or "carvings" that you have to read to get the whole picture, but there still were some. I've said it 100 times already, the unvoiced world quests are always the best content in the game, and this remains true in Chenyu Vale.

Also supposedly
The blue dragon/beast Adepti supposedly is a hottie in her human form, which they teased showing the player and then didn't deliver. Wonder if they're going to make her a playable character in the future...

Also, I'm super curious who Mao's sister is. I feel like that was another setup for a future playable character.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Said fuck it, going for CR, and got 3 Noelle’s already!
lol wow 💀
34 pulls so far.
When you grind out your gems for these banner runs, what exactly are you doing? The exploration stuff is steady but slow, and the quests only seem to give 100 here or there. If you drained your wad for Shogun, how did you get 34 pulls already in less than a week? I lost my subsequent 50/50 so I need to get some wishes in a timely manner if I have any hope to get her to C2 before the banner ends. I usually don't pay attention to primogem income since I just let it accumulate naturally without focusing on it, so it's been a real wakeup call for me how slow the accumulation is.

I was at 0 resources with 7 days left on the Raiden banner. Since then I’ve done my dailies, my last Welkin just ran out yesterday (90 a day), server maintenance, hit the abyss before it reset and again after it reset. Log in wishe today and some gems from the app. Put me at ~3,500 gems and 2 pinks. I’ve just used that stuff.

Now I’m going to burn through the rest of Sumeru. I stopped playing the story there once I got Raiden. Still plenty to explore in Sumeru, 17/38 side quests according to the reputation guy there.

Fontaine is largely untouched, other then opening up the map with way points and whatever events have been there I’ve done almost nothing.

I think that’s everything up to this point.

Edit.
Forgot
The monthly reset for wishes 5 pink, 5 blue.
Then I also traded in all my star glitter, another 6 wishes I think it was

Edit2
It’s just grind grind grind, mission mission mission. 20-100 a pop depending on mission, you get chests and stuff along the way, Achievements add a little. I don’t know it all happens naturally lol. It’s gonna suck when there’s no more game to play tho…

Edit3
Oh stamina food lol, lots of stamina food. ABR- Always Be Running.
Anything that decreases running consumption and then the ones that give you back 60 or 100 stamina. Always use the red feather from Inazuma, Anemo resonance helps, as does Rosaria/Deyha. Yelan always in the party.
Getting around the map quickly is 1/2 the battle. Also I skip text for quests that I’m not interested in.

Last edited:

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Here's some footage of Chiori's quickswap skill:

And it can be used in air too.

So yeah, it's still a weird because it simply swaps to the next character in your team, but it is instantaneous and very fluid. The effect on rotations and DPS would be very minor I reckon. But man it looks neat.

Pejo

Gold Member
Here's some footage of Chiori's quickswap skill:

And it can be used in air too.

So yeah, it's still a weird because it simply swaps to the next character in your team, but it is instantaneous and very fluid. The effect on rotations and DPS would be very minor I reckon. But man it looks neat.

Kinda weird. I'm very used to specific party roles being in specific spots in my party so my muscle memory works across teams. I would normally put a quickswap support like Chiori in slot 3, and my main DPS in slot 1, with sub dps in slot 2 and healer/shield in slot 4. There's no way I can stick with that and have Chiori switch out to my dps.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Kinda weird. I'm very used to specific party roles being in specific spots in my party so my muscle memory works across teams. I would normally put a quickswap support like Chiori in slot 3, and my main DPS in slot 1, with sub dps in slot 2 and healer/shield in slot 4. There's no way I can stick with that and have Chiori switch out to my dps.
I organize my teams similarly, so I'd have the same issue. Would be nice if you could set her to swap to a specific slot somehow.

Pejo

Gold Member
Was close to pity with 50/50 and tried a 10 pull. Got lucky.

DM7YBPd.jpeg
I'm legit jealous, congrats!

Part 2 of honkai impact is coming soon, and they've put up a preview site for anyone interested:
I'm waiting to see how the new combat systems and gameplay turns out, but I think this might be the end of my HI3 career unless the combat is REALLY good. If it's just more cutscene focused "ignore the enemy's actions and do your rotations for high score" and "can't see shit on the screen with effects exploding everywhere", I'm probably done. I hate the new art direction the characters are going in (Star Rail cutting room floor rejects), they don't look like Valks anymore, just wearing typical asymmetrical China game censorshorts and tshirts/jackets. It happened slowly, but the Honkai Designs have all the built in censorship as their other games now, and I don't see it changing.

Plus the story has been Shit (with a capital S) since the Elysian Realm story ended. Moon arc, Seele arc, and Fu Hua arc were all wordy, pretentious, focused more on science and philosophy than character interactions, etc. I loved the captainverse stuff, but it appears that it's over and they're done making SP valks, so I literally have nothing else to get excited about. I even enjoyed APHO/APHO2, and that's on the backburner for these Mars dweebs.

In a way, it's kinda freeing because I play too many HoYo games as is, so giving me an easy out ain't so bad. I enjoyed my time with HI3, but if it's just gonna be more of the same as their other shit with the new annoying LGBT focused western fanbase constantly at odds with my tastes and opinions, it's just not worth the headache.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Oh, also, for any of you guys that accidentally bricked their account and used the rarest weapon in the game as xp fodder, you have a shot at redemption in Chenyu Vale. It's in a semi-hidden Common Chest in one of the last rooms of the Guhua Clan home base quest.
TZjrRr5.jpg

In a way, it's kinda freeing because I play too many HoYo games as is, so giving me an easy out ain't so bad. I enjoyed my time with HI3, but if it's just gonna be more of the same as their other shit with the new annoying LGBT focused western fanbase constantly at odds with my tastes and opinions, it's just not worth the headache.
The story was always kinda high level, wordy technobabble to me, but they had strong emotional moments to fall back on to keep me interested, aside from that the bubble universe captainverse stuff was generally more fun; so I couldn't really comment on the state of the current story, since I never really cared that much about it in general, the main reason I was drawn to the game was because I saw an ad of some white haired girl doing bayonetta moves, so combat was always nr 1 for me and it's why I play genshin so little.
It also seems part 2 is improving greatly on the drawn distance of the game, the open areas in the game have the most aggressive, ps2 level pop-in and it's about time they did something about that.

Pejo

Gold Member
The story was always kinda high level, wordy technobabble to me, but they had strong emotional moments to fall back on to keep me interested, aside from that the bubble universe captainverse stuff was generally more fun; so I couldn't really comment on the state of the current story, since I never really cared that much about it in general, the main reason I was drawn to the game was because I saw an ad of some white haired girl doing bayonetta moves, so combat was always nr 1 for me and it's why I play genshin so little.
It also seems part 2 is improving greatly on the drawn distance of the game, the open areas in the game have the most aggressive, ps2 level pop-in and it's about time they did something about that.
The story was legitimately good for a while there. I'd say HoV arc through Elysian Realm (though ER got a bit flowery in some parts). Herrscher of Flamescion story was probably the best one, and it's precisely because they focused on character stories, emotions, and motivations primarily. They wrote themselves into such a hole with Kiana, that they had to switch the entire focus of the game to time travel to another planet in another bubble universe just to get away from her, because she's so powerful that she trivializes 99% of things that exist or can exist in the universe.

The combat similarly used to be good when you had to actually worry about being hit. Now characters are invincible through 90% of their kits via super armor/cutscene armor/HP regen mechanics/shield mechanics. I couldn't tell you the last time I worried about what an enemy on the screen was doing or actually died in the game. If I do time a dodge, it's strictly to activate 'witch time' for the damage buffs.

For the last few story arcs, we don't even get to use our own valks in the story anymore, so it feels pointless to even roll them lately. You get to use them in weekly score mode slop, and all of the aggressively unfun modes that they've never updated in years. Story doesn't use them, Events don't generally use them, which are the meat of the game for me. I really hope they shake up the playable modes a bit. Chip space wasn't the answer, and neither is Hot on the Trail.

Anyways, that's a lot of text to say just how disappointed I am in HI3. And it's fine that they want to try a new direction, but if some of my biggest complaints don't get addressed, it's also a great time for me to make a clean break with no (additional) hard feelings instead of railing against their shit decisions and making myself angry just because of sunk cost fallacy for the time spent playing the game.

The true end game:

Abusing the furniture set system for easy gems.
I forgot all about those primos. I have like 2 nations worth of gems to collect from those fools. Didn't they recently make some improvements to make it easier to tell which ones you collected/which you still can collect? I think I read about that in patch notes.

Ya when you go to place the set you can look at details and it will show images of each character that likes that spot and a green check ✅ if you’ve already collected the gems. Very easy now. 20 gems a person, some sets I’ve had all the people it’s like bam here’s 100 gems lolol

Last edited:
The story is getting quite juicy in the aftermath of the big fight in Sumeru.

• decenders…4 of them, what?
• balladeer trying to erase his own existence and all the Irminsul stuff in general.
• more info on travelers sister- I play Male MC, and assumed he got thrown into the time we’re currently at playing, while his sister had to live through the fall of Kanreah and all that after math.

Also do you guys think they will ever increase the level cap to 100?

And along the same lines, some games have introduced new versions of existing characters or let you other wise upgrade a 4 star unit into a 5 star, (and then they can let 5* upgrade into 6*) to refresh the roster and gives characters new moves and abilities.

Last edited:
Top Bottom