• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley to host E3 Live on YouTube 2015

Thanks guys, very excited about this. It will be the full blown live show you've come to expect from me at E3. All the press conferences, great commentary, big game demos, interviews and more. Over 12 hours live on Monday, June 15, and yes, it will be available across all the YouTube apps, as well as on VOD. YouTube is stepping up in a big way to support the industry, they've been great partners so far.

Globally for every country?

Especially Germany has some issues with Youtube Livestreaming ;)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Sr pal, Konami don't pay the bill for him to go to LA this year ;D

index25kuz.png

They showed plenty of MGSV footage in that trailer... Kojima confirmed.
leuhkikk3kqz.gif

Par Score

Between this trailer and the Bethesda Fallout teaser I am now so damn hyped for E3.

Will be watching the GiantBomb streams of course, but this will be a great backup.

Professor Oak

Neo Member
I might have gotten the wrong impression of gametrailers but I think they are showing them watching the streams. This seems like it will be more like your standard E3 coverage. Either way, I'm sure I'll just be switching back and fourth.

chadskin

Thanks guys, very excited about this. It will be the full blown live show you've come to expect from me at E3. All the press conferences, great commentary, big game demos, interviews and more. Over 12 hours live on Monday, June 15, and yes, it will be available across all the YouTube apps, as well as on VOD. YouTube is stepping up in a big way to support the industry, they've been great partners so far.

Excellent, thank you Geoff (and Youtube). Good luck and have fun. :)

Sn4ke_911

Holy shit, that trailer was AMAZING.

So hype ..."When the time comes, I'll pull the trigger"

FUCK!

openrob

To bad i have to work, that's a lot of content.
I usually watch the conferences then dip my head into a few sights for news/impressions.

E3 is becoming so much more for fans than ever before. With the tree house stuff, and now this.

Christos

Wait does that mean I can watch E3 on my PS4? Or does the app not support livestreams?

Edit: Looks like it will be.
[...] available across all the YouTube apps, as well as on VOD [...]

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing

Congrats. Looking forward to seeing what parts of it I can catch.

Sooooo ready. So it will be available on the YouTube PS4 app? And the WiiU one? Sweet. Geoff's stuff is always the best so that's where I'll be

farisr

So this basically means 2 things.

More E3 coverage to watch (hopefully archived). Yay!
Possibly more Bosman at gametrailers. Double yay!

Sn4ke_911

Huge fan of Geoff - there, I said it.

Me too.

Imo Geoff is one of the best people in this industry.

There, I said it.

Oh god Geoff please tell me Kojima is one of the special guests.

PLEASE.

ryseing

Not E3 without Geoff.

Looking forward to the YT stream and your PlayStation post show.

MisterR

Awesome news. Will be watching.

Danlord

Do you know whether the stream will be 30FPS or 60FPS in case there is direct-feed for 60FPS trailers? Thanks

Dinda

That's great, but Youtube Streams don't work in Germany. And the alternative over proxy or plugins never really give me a good enough connection for enjoying it

Nzyme32

Retweeted by Geoff:

Ryan Wyatt ‏@Fwiz 3m3 minutes ago Los Angeles, CA
We're firing off some surprises at @YouTube the next two weeks.

Surprise #1 @geoffkeighley + @E3 + @YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ismqhufUg1w …

Enjoy.

Wonder what else they have planned. Perhaps some more reveals specifically with them?

DieH@rd

Banned
Good hype trailer.

I usually watch Gametrailers coverage, but because their player can often fuck up I keep IGN/Gamespot/Twitch streams in the background as a backup. I reckon this YouTube stream will be the most rock-solid one this year.

I assume twitch will have their own E3 livestream thing. Who is hosting for them?

It would be awesome if they grabbed Garnett Lee from parent company amazon. Doubt it will happen though :(

M.Steiner

Gametrailers is usually my go-to stream for E3 but I'll give YouTube a watch in that case as I do like Geoff. Looking forward to it!

So... assuming no one drops

We have coverage from IGN, GameSpot, GameTrailers, Twitch and Youtube?

I guess won't be short on options on what to watch
+ Nintendo and XBOX are doing their own streams.

+ Giantbomb after the show is over every day.

aka almost 24/7 gaming stream that week.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Nice, I love Geoff. Hopefully YouTube won't mess up like how it did during the Star Wars thing. If it does, I'll stick with Twitch/Gametrailers.

This is great news. Congrats. After seeing what you were able to do with the game awards and your ability to produce a show that was mature for the medium, I'm excited to see what you have lined up for e3.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Geoff, who cut that trailer? Great job on that.

And yeah, this is good news. Thought my only streaming option would be Twitch this year.

Top Bottom