• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley to host E3 Live on YouTube 2015

Volotaire

Thanks guys, very excited about this. It will be the full blown live show you've come to expect from me at E3. All the press conferences, great commentary, big game demos, interviews and more. Over 12 hours live on Monday, June 15, and yes, it will be available across all the YouTube apps, as well as on VOD. YouTube is stepping up in a big way to support the industry, they've been great partners so far.

Hey Geoff. I was wondering if you were going to cover Tuesday at E3 this year as opposed to last year since Square Enix are also streaming along with Nintendo. Thanks for the great work and I will tuning in on June 15th.

Gonna miss that GT panel with Geoff as the host - that's been my standard source of live E3 coverage for the past few years now. But wherever Geoff goes I go, so Youtube it is.

Somnia

E3 isn't the same with Keighley! I'll be watching this for sure and have it on my TV at the same time. I will then watch all of the giantbomb late night streams plus their "talking over E3" videos not live as those are always amazing ways to re-watch the conferences.

Hype is starting to get real!

Heartfyre

Ugh, they just have to throw some sponsorship stuff in at the end. It's always such a turnoff to me.

I'll be watching the conferences as broadcast through Twitch/YouTube. And then alternate between GT and Geoff. I hope my ISP is prepared, because I'm dining on unlimited bandwidth.

Holy shit, yes!

And just 5 months ago google built a datacenter in my city so youtube as been working flawlesly at 1080p60fps.

So for me, Youoff Keighley + GT = E3 heaven.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Will it be a one stop shop for coverage? Eg for those of us in Europe that might miss out on watching the Sony conference live, will it be archived there for easy watching?

GavinUK86

Nice! Geoff's usually got the awesome first looks at E3. Guess this'll be my main stream this year with GT, IGN and GS on the bench.

Lucreto

I wonder if Gametrailers will be as good as previous years? They were sold off just after E3 last year so plans might be different this year.

Could explain why Keighley is doing this.

Kibbles

I was gonna watch on SpikeTV for 60fps and less compression, shame, I thought Geoff was gonna be on it.

Excellent. Watching the last E3 was a nightmare on all fronts. Had to open Gamespot, Gametrailers and IGN simultaneously in case any one of the feed drops out.

redhood56

Banned
I guess this is where I'll be watching my e3(except for ms, I watch that on my tv). I've never had any probable ms with YouTubes livestreaming so this is great.

jelly

Excellent, will be watching.

Gametrailers were sometimes a bit ropey and their mobile offering left a lot to be desired.

TVexperto

Thanks guys, very excited about this. It will be the full blown live show you've come to expect from me at E3. All the press conferences, great commentary, big game demos, interviews and more. Over 12 hours live on Monday, June 15, and yes, it will be available across all the YouTube apps, as well as on VOD. YouTube is stepping up in a big way to support the industry, they've been great partners so far.

12 hours? I hope I wont fail classes and loose my job because I have to see this! Keep it up! Great job!

Danlord

Great stuff, youtube will probably be the best streaming available and geoff the best host so definitely gonna watch this one

YouTube is likely to be the most stable across most other streaming services (hopefully) and Geoff is pretty good at presenting, so I'm looking forward to it. Confirmation of Aisha Tyler for Ubisoft's E3 is also good news, she has been awesome for Ubi's E3 in the past and I'm glad she's here this year.

Caj814

It's not E3 without Geoff
hKfLzg6.gif

CHEERS!

Awesome. You are a force of good for this industry. Starting to feel the E3 hype!

ktroopa

Sounds great cant wait for this... E3 fever is upon us!

Bring the pain lol. Time to stock up on redbull :)

Top Bottom